• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
As a huge fan of the old PS1 games, the only thing I can say that looks like shit in this trailer is the spidey suit.

Full hyped otherwise!!!

Well I don't like the suit that much neither, but it could grow on me. On the other hand you'll have different suits you can wear instead.

Hopefully we'll get a great game like the arkham series this time, the previous ones were ok to almost good.

cheesekao

I can't believe this is happening, and Disney didn't partner with a third party publisher with Insomniac.

I am in no way trying to stir anything, but what will Sony bringing to the table exactly that Ubi or some other publisher won't match?
Sony could have very well been the one who went to Disney/Marvel and negotiated a deal for this. Seeing as to how Disney has been shying away from console games as of late, I can't see them being the ones approaching developers for a new console game.

I really fucking like that they're also focusing on the Peter Parker aspect too. I'm not expecting Persona levels of a social life like that last thread hyped up, but damn I need to see this.

TI82

Banned
That's weird. I know Ultimate and 3 had the webs attach to buildings like in 2. No idea why they'd move backwards in later games.

KotickMoneybags.jpg

I can't believe this is happening, and Disney didn't partner with a third party publisher with Insomniac.

I am in no way trying to stir anything, but what will Sony bringing to the table exactly that Ubi or some other publisher won't match?

Yeah, I'm sure Sony just sat there while Disney did all the work putting this together.

Sony's publishing it for the same reason EA's publishing Battlefront and all those Star Wars games, they licensed it from Disney.

Anyway, great work Insomniac. You lost me for a few years there but you've reeled me back in. I can't wait for this.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Two words: Weather Effects

Let me swing around New York while it's raining.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It's about time we get a decent Spider-Man game, and it's about damn time Sony did their own Spider-Man game.

Don't mind the costume, so long as the classic costume is unlockable. Can't imagine it not being in there.

SomTervo

Judging by their other first-party devs, Sony really let their studios have free rein to do what they want.

I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog wouldn't have been able to make The Last of Us if Ubi or EA or Disney were the publishers.

Good thing for a difficult IP like Spiderman. Hard to design that stuff. A lot of creative freedom will help.

I-hate-u

^^Insomniac is an independent developer.
Yeah, I'm sure Sony just sat there while Disney did all the work putting this together.

Sony's publishing it for the same reason EA's publishing Battlefront and all those Star Wars games, they licensed it from Disney.
It's just weird to me Disney would give the IP rights to plarform holder and not a third party publisher. The MCU deal is what makes sense so far to explain this ordeal.

Anyway, because I wanted IG to work on Resistance so bad (from the comments here it seems most Insomniac devs are focused on Spiderman), it pains me to say this game actually looks pretty freaking sweet.

Theecliff

Banned
i said oh shit out loud

best game of sony's show

i can't believe i'm fucking hyped for a spider-man game

please have good web swinging please have good web swinging please have good web swinging

While not particularly a Spider-Man fan, it's pretty amusing seeing people upset at the design of his suit. Looks no different to me than I would expect lol

DrBo42

Wasn't hot on the costume on first viewing but it has grown on me with every re-watch. White symbol is definitely going to help track your character during hectic moments. Other than that it looks fantastic. Can't say enough just how awesome that movement in that interior scene is. It's just so Spider-Man. Finally. Well done, Insomniac.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That trailer makes me almost undust my Gamecube and start up Spider-Man 2.

First rumours claimed it was being developed by Sucker Punch. Then it was revealed it was being made by Insomniac. It doesn't matter since the game was either between good hands or other good hands.
Rumours also speculated that this game would be cartoony. I expected cel-shaded graphics. It looks we got kinda realitsic ones.

The city seems very dynamic and filled and move sets look fluid and comparable to the movies.We needed such Spider-Man game.

Klyka

Banned
Spider-Man

Spider-Man

does whatever a PS4 exclusive can

is it made

by Insomniac

yes it is

that's quite rad

look out

here comes Spider-man!

Judging by their other first-party devs, Sony really let their studios have free rein to do what they want.

I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog wouldn't have been able to make The Last of Us if Ubi or EA or Disney were the publishers.

Good thing for a difficult IP like Spiderman. Hard to design that stuff. A lot of creative freedom will help.

In terms of their top-tier studios, Disney is probably more allergic to sequels than original movies. I see: Winnie the Pooh, Fantasia 2000, and alllll the way back to Rescuers Down Under as some of the only examples of "recent" sequels from Walt Disney Animation Studio. If for some reason Disney owned Naughty Dog, they'd let them do The Last of Us in a heartbeat.

dh4niel

Why they didn't go for the classic suit I don't know. Super hyped though. Maybe we'll finally get an amazing Spider-Man game. :D

El-Suave

Very happy that Insomniac is making this. They deserve a hit and Spidey means guaranteed sales if it isn't horrible. They also have tons of expertise from Sunset Overdrive and Sucker Punch is still free to bring us another game.

^^Insomniac is an independent developer.

It's just weird to me Disney would give the IP rights to plarform holder and not a third party publisher. The MCU deal is what makes sense so far to explain this ordeal.

Anyway, because I wanted IG to work on Resistance so bad (from the comments here it seems most Insomniac devs are focused on Spiderman), it pains me to say this game actually looks pretty freaking sweet.

I could be wrong but while Disney own the rights to most of Marvel universe these days I'm pretty sure it's Sony that owns the rights to the Spider-Man franchise. Hence it makes sense for them to secure an exclusive of their own property. Unless Disbey bought Spider-Man recently?

Rosur

Insomniac can do movement well (Sunset/ Ratchet shows this) so looking forward to this. So now wonder what Sucker Punch are working on.

eloxx

What a reveal for this game. I mean Spider-Man is cool and all but after seeing that Insomniac logo I knew it was gonna be good. This will be an incredible new take on the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom