• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon getting free Ika Musume (squid girl) costumes

I am a bit confused,...... over reaction due to one costume ?

2 months away... scratches head...

Nope. I frankly do not see enough reactions to the news.

I'll be honest in that I despise the whole Japanese cutesy fartsy scene and even I can dig the parallels between Splatoon inklings and Squid Girl. Squid Girl belongs in this game.

Nanashrew

Banned
I SURE HOPE THE COSTUME ISN'T COD AWFUL.

We don't want anything to seem fishy about the outfit!

Hopefully, it'll look inkcredible!

UgZ5Azz.jpg

Kriken

The crossover art has been fun to look at, don't really care one way or the other, but I'd hope this makes it to the west as well

Nanashrew

Banned
Nintendo's marketing and collaboration efforts with Splatoon have been very good and very smart. I want Nintendo too keep all of this up.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
bring back solid snake

Sandfox

It's been a really forced connection for a while but it makes sense. Squid Girl and a game you play as Squid Girls (& Boys) crossing over? Makes sense and it's what people wanted.

The author started it right after Splatoon so he probably led the charge for this or something lol.

RagnarokX

There's already a schoolgirl outfit (amiibo) that's a bit different on the boy IIRC
It's a school uniform. The girls get a skirt and the boys wear shorts just like real Japanese school uniforms. If this outfit is a squid girl costume they can have the top be a white shirt for both and add a white skirt for girls. Or go the extra mile unlike they did with the boy school uniform and give the boys special white shorts.

Clefargle

Goddamn otaku culture infecting this game. I liked satin before all this PANDERING anime bullshit polluted the gritty realistic experience of playing as a futuristic shape shifting fashionista. If they give me the option to pet my team I will give up on the entire series forever.

Kinsei

Banned
I hope my boy Goro gets in there :3

so I can voice act in Splatoon

Is it bad that my first thought was Mortal Kombat Goro? Cause my first thought was Mortal Kombat Goro.

Now I really want to see fan art of Goro running around with two rollers.

StayDead

tumblr_n7cajl3uY91r586gso1_500.gif
wrote:

Goddamn otaku culture infecting this game. I liked satin before all this PANDERING anime bullshit polluted the gritty realistic experience of playing as a futuristic shape shifting fashionista. If they give me the option to pet my team I will give up on the entire series forever.

Thorakai

if it wasn't for the .gifs from anime gaf I wouldn't have known this was some anime addition

so thanks anime gaf

My dream was for there to be DLC single-player content for this and JSRF. Each would have eight missions. After two you would win a piece of the costume and finally a weapon skin. I guess this kills the Squid Girl part of that.

The author started it right after Splatoon so he probably led the charge for this or something lol.

Yeah he started drawing Inkling girl soon after reveal. With how well the game has taken off in Japan he must be super happy able the collaboration.

It's interesting. The first season of the Squid Girl anime came over by Media Blasters but before they could release the second they layoff a bunch of employees in 2012 and canceled it.

Still you would think it wouldn't be a problem to come over.

In my dreams it leads to t b e second season coming over with the OVA's.

Azure J

OK dudes, the internet banded together and got the manga-ka for Squid Girl involved for costumes in Splatoon. Can they show me the power of good and get my man Hideki Naganuma to drop some beats as new music DLC?

Please based god, do it for us.

Top Bottom