• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER ALERT: Halo 5 (Spoiler) Spoiler Thread of Spoilers Spoiler

Alright thanks to this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1122952, we know that Halo 5 has leaked early, as per the tradition of games this year. So to contain spoilers, this is the thread to discuss them.

inb4 lol spoilers in a Halo game

STOP SCROLLING HERE POST. Don't be fooled by the funny posts below. This thread could turn ugly in a second, and I don't want someone to be surprised by SPOILERS in a SPOILERS thread.

lol spoilers in a Halo game

Seriously though, this is probably the first time we don't have any clear indication of what is going on in a Halo game past CE (maybe ODST to a less extent but that game has a lot less canonical impact). Even Halo 4 had the premise of The Forerunner Trilogy setting up Didact and people pointing out Cortana's rampancy might be in play.

Alienous

I can't believe Halo was an octopus the whole time.

Getting a general sense of what people think about the story in the coming days will be nice.

I play campaign first when the game comes out so I can't be spoiled.

Uhm this topic is for the people that want to discuss thing before release. Especially when leaks drop (most likely next week) and if course after release too.

But yeah the game is out in the wild and the coming week will be leaky lol

TheXbox

lol spoilers in a Halo game

Seriously though, this is probably the first time we don't have any clear indication of what is going on in a Halo game past CE (maybe ODST to a less extent but that game has a lot less canonical impact). Even Halo 4 had the premise of The Forerunner Trilogy setting up Didact and people pointing out Cortana's rampancy might be in play.
Now that you point it out... You're right. I actually have no idea what this game is about. Ostensibly, we know Locke is hunting Chief or whatever, but doubtless there's way more to it. That's probably not even the crux of the narrative. We don't have antagonist, we don't know who or what the Guardians are, we don't know why Chief has gone rogue. Just a lot of unknowns.

I'll probably be in and out of this thread for a while. No way I'll avoid spoilers, I can't even play this game until December. Really curious to see if 343 can get me back onboard with their vision for the Halo universe.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Would 343 finally kill off the Chief? Is it time to pass the torch to one of the other characters they've tried to build up since Reach or ODST?

Chinner

Banned
Wow, I can't believe the twist in the game! It's crazy to think that we were not actually playing as the Master Chief, but Junior Chief. The real Master Chief was on in another galaxy fighting another enemy, but you'll have to play Halo 6 to find out more.

qirex

It's crazy that the Ominously Named MacGuffin was just a piece of the Final Even More Ominously Named Final MacGuffin and the Mysterious New Alien Race Who Are Total Bullet Sponges were the puppetmasters all along

Also that scene where Master Chief had to climb up the side of a missle while Aerosmith's "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" played, damn I choked up a bit.

BokehKing

Banned
Would 343 finally kill off the Chief? Is it time to pass the torch to one of the other characters they've tried to build up since Reach or ODST?
No, Master Chief is not going anywhere, maybe go MIA for one game,as an experiment to see if it could be done, but it can't.

Magwik

Banned
cant believe Locke unleashed the Flood on the galaxy again.

/s

maybe
Next 11 Halo games to be about Locke and John constantly unleashing ancient forces of evil across the galaxy while hiding secrets from each other and getting infected with shit.
It's a Supernatrual joke

Welfare

Wow, I can't believe the twist in the game! It's crazy to think that we were not actually playing as the Master Chief, but Junior Chief. The real Master Chief was on in another galaxy fighting another enemy, but you'll have to play Halo 6 to find out more.

It all makes sense!

The Arbiter used self hypnosis to forget about the whole plan and it's only after the credits where he tells Lasky that Chief is building his own Forerunner nation in Andromeda.

Microsoft would nuke that idea immediately. Chief is the Xbox mascot.

possiblenukearea.jpg

Euron

Locke and co take down the Warden Eternal while Chief connects the Guardians into one cohesive unit. Turns out the Guardians are a failed defense mechanism against the flood and are being activated by Cortana, who is in the Domain, since the Ur-Didact is now fully corrupted and leading a Flood Army. ONI becomes aware of this and wants to use the Guardians to wipe out what remains of the Elites after the Civil War. Chief and Halsey kill Osman while the Arbiter sacrifices himself to save Locke and Co. Chief realizes where Cortana's remnants are located and begins to head to an unknown planet to find them, abandoning humanity for his own pursuits. Meanwhile, Locke assumes control of ONI and prepares Earth for the coming Flood Invadion led by the Didact.

Edit: In case you're wondering, my credibility falls somewhere between modern CBOAT and Halo Follower.

Glass

I'm pretty convinced the reddit thread EuroGamer did their story on was just trolling people (the topic's named was 'Your favourite part of Warzone?') Gave it a quick glance this morning and everything about it seemed like it was designed to piss you off. I don't think there are real spoilers circulating yet.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm pretty convinced the reddit thread EuroGamer did their story on was just trolling people (the topic's named was 'Your favourite part of Warzone?') Gave it a quick glance this morning and everything about it seemed like it was designed to piss you off. I don't think there are real spoilers circulating yet.

I looked this morning and it seemed they were conflating the retail boxes (which leaked nothing) with fake reddit spoilers.

Caveat: Eventually there will be real leaks, and many of the fake leaks will get some things right.

Go dark.

Scrolled to a random post, no spoiler. I like to live dangerously. This is what being bored in a hospital bed will do to you... I'm going dark soon but i had to see. Stinkles get me hooked up with a copy i can't take this!

Synner117

Neo Member
Came here and immediately scrolled to the bottom. Can someone please unlock digital copies early! (I wish) Avoiding Reddit, Twitter, and Neogaf for two weeks may prove difficult.

Glass

I looked this morning and it seemed they were conflating the retail boxes (which leaked nothing) with fake reddit spoilers.

Yeah that's how I read it, naughty retailer posting a pic but not leaking anything, someone else takes that as a queue to have some fun with fake spoilers. Certainly not long now, but pretty sure that wasn't it.

Paradicia

not-like-this.gif

Top Bottom