• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER ALERT: Halo 5 (Spoiler) Spoiler Thread of Spoilers Spoiler

greenleafcm

Neo Member
I'm lol-ing over all these media outlets and gaming websites posting that "Halo 5 Spoilers Are Flooding The Internet!", when there literally hasn't been one legitimate story leak yet. Sure they'll probably start popping up soon enough, but the current reactions are kind of funny.

Vire

I'm lol-ing over all these media outlets and gaming websites posting that "Halo 5 Spoilers Are Flooding The Internet!", when there literally hasn't been one legitimate story leak yet. Sure they'll probably start popping up soon enough, but the current reactions are kind of funny.
Did you not see the 343 redesign of the Brutes Frankie posted on the last page? Serious spoilers are abound.

Johndoey

Banned
It turns out Mr Halo man wasn't evil and new black halo man was merely mistaken about his intentions. They realize their misunderstanding and treat blue and osiris teams to a couple malts at Halo mans house.
But oh no that rascal Didact stole Halo man's malt machine, will our multicultural heroes be able to stop this menace from unleashing low quality malt beverages on the galaxy?!!??!?!

YmA9KdL.jpg

Not only are Brutes returning, but it'll be a new arctic variety? Hell yess.

But seriously I want Brutes.

All these fake spoilers are doing is making it apparent that there is a serious need for a Halo spin off ala Blood Dragon with chief spouting one-liners.

BraXzy

Soylent Green is people
Crying Game is a dude
Bruce Willis is dead
Jacob's Ladder is dead
D. Vader is L. Skywalker's dad
Also Leia's dad
Halo is dad

So you played us like a fiddle with that script?

God bless Elzar

These were well worth the risk of opening this thread.

On topic though, someone better get me a good 5 minutes of vertical, low res footage taken in or around a barn with gameplay on a 10 year old TV within the hour or I will be most displeased.

Random17

If anyone does post a spoiler, please put it in spoiler tags.

Wouldn't want to surprise anyone based on this thread so far.

I'm hoping we get spoiler's relatively soon. If for nothing else, I'm quite interested in the playtime breakdown between Locke and Chief, which we don't really have a lot of details on aside from Shinobi's one post way back when.

Computron

I'm hoping we get spoiler's relatively soon. If for nothing else, I'm quite interested in the playtime breakdown between Locke and Chief, which we don't really have a lot of details on aside from Shinobi's one post way back when.

My question is, who will be the twist third character who you will actually be playing half the game as, a la Halo 2?

My question is, who will be the twist third character who you will actually be playing half the game as, a la Halo 2?

If a twist like that happens, I hope to god it's someone remotely interesting.

The only reason I like Arby as a playable character is because he brought a really unique perspective to the story line that you really couldn't fit Chief into.

We don't need a third playable human character.

Random17

If a twist like that happens, I hope to god it's someone remotely interesting.

The only reason I like Arby as a playable character is because he brought a really unique perspective to the story line that you really couldn't fit Chief into.

We don't need a third playable human character.
Nothing beats the Arbiter's active camo...

See, the problem with this is that it'll need 3 co-op characters with him/her at all times.

So it won't be a surprise "solo" character, unless they just go, "Oh, well, it's just 4 Arbiters. Whatever."

Alienous

The part where it's revealed that [SOILER]Master Chief went back in time to found 7-11[/SPOILER] was amazing. When they reversed the numbers my jaw dropped. I can't believe I didn't see it coming, I'm going to pay extra attention for the hints in a second playthrough.

The part where it's revealed that [SOILER]Master Chief went back in time to found 7-11[/SPOILER] was amazing. When they reversed the numbers my jaw dropped. I can't believe I didn't see it coming, I'm going to pay extra attention for the hints in a second playthrough.

Did he wheez the juice?

Wanderer5

Wow what a soiler!:eek:

ShamePain

Banned
Spoilers:
343 is closing down after mediocre halo 5 sales, MS buys out Crytek, they're making Halo 6 on CryEngine 4, finally the graphics aren't 10 years behind the market, but the game runs at 540p@20 fps, Chief's armor is replaced by Nanosuit, the covenant were secretly disguised north koreans, the final boss is Kim Jong Un, Chief finally takes off his helmet, he looks like Don Mattrick.

Spoilers:
343 is closing down after mediocre halo 5 sales, MS buys out Crytek, they're making Halo 6 on CryEngine 4, finally the graphics aren't 10 years behind the market, but the game runs at 540p@20 fps, Chief's armor is replaced by Nanosuit, the covenant were secretly disguised north koreans, the final boss is Kim Jong Un, Chief finally takes off his helmet, he looks like Don Mattrick.

3/10

Blues1990

You mean one person to actually post spoilers in a spoiler thread?

No, I mean one person to not give a fuck and post everything about the game without spoiler tags, including screenshots & video footage. Especially if it's long before the game is officially released.

No, I mean one person to not give a fuck and post everything about the game without spoiler tags, including screenshots & video footage. Especially if it's long before the game is officially released.

This is a spoiler thread. It's in the title. It's in the OP. I actually opened the thread expecting to read a wikipedia-like post of levels/plot, without spoiler tags.

But you guys are just posting jokes in here so of course you think the thread isn't meant for spoilers.

Am I missing something? I rarely click on spoiler threads but I assume spoiler threads are NOT full of spoiler tags.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You soiled it!

HNsgdc5.gif

That's literally what I'm waiting for in this thread. If you don't want to see it, leave the thread.
Am I missing something? I rarely click on spoiler threads but I assume spoiler threads are NOT full of spoiler tags.
They aren't, and they shouldn't be. I come in spoiler threads to read spoilers and talk about them openly. Not to click on lines and lines of black bars and carefully format my responses to avoid spoiling things.

They aren't, and they shouldn't be. I come in spoiler threads to read spoilers and talk about them openly. Not to click on lines and lines of black bars and carefully format my responses to avoid spoiling things.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Otherwise what's the point of having a spoiler thread? Anyway, no more from me, I'll wait until there are actual spoilers in here.

Just posting here to let you all know how damn tempting it's going to be to click here.

And because I like to live on the edge.

It's playing chicken with a freight train..... I'm in, I'm out, I'm in, I'm out. The rush feels good but it'll hurt if I see spmething

Random17

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-achievements-revealed

Achievement list with actual spoilery hints

My guess at the mission list:

1. Osiris
2. Blue team
3. Glassed (likely Blue team)
4.'Unconfirmed' (osiris)
5. Mystery mission (blue team)
6. Evacuation (osiris)
7. Reunion (blue team)
8. Swords of Sanghelios (osiris)
9. Mystery blue team?
10. Enemy Lines (osiris)
11. Mystery blue team?
12. Battle of Suanion (osiris)
13. The 13th mission (blue team)
14. The Breaking (osiris)
15. Guardians (both?)

Figured I'd continue the conversation here..

Sounds about right.
I'm guessing Chief follows it to the place of the Warden Eternal in the clips?

Glassed is probably on Meridian. Maybe unconfirmed is also on Meridian, but in its internal crust?

I'd guess you're right, Glassed is on Meridian, and probably mirrors what we saw in the TV trailer. Up to that point the Chief is likely still with UNSC.

Unconfirmed may relate to 117 being 'dead', i.e. his death is unconfirmed or something. Whatever happens in Mission 4 or 5 leads to Chief being AWOL and actually hunted by Locke.

Then all end up on Lava planet, probably have a rough and tumble fight between Locke and 117, and evacuate while the next Guardian rises.. There is footage of a "Warthog run" and it looks like it might take place here.

...but then they go to Sanghelios? In the E3 demo they say 117 is aboard the Guardian in the Battle of Sunaion. Why would he go there? We know a couple missions deal with the new-Covenant civil war, but it seems weird [without more info] as to why that'd be plop in the middle of everything. I'm guessing somehow some Covenant faction is working with the Forerunner devices.

Something happens for a 13th mission, and it involves a tank and a lot of vehicles.

The Breaking & Guardians likely take place somewhere else.. my guesses are a Halo ring or The Ark. Destroying power cores? Maybe it could take place on an ancient Forerunner warship or something.

From the back of the box it says "Explore and conquer 3 new worlds..", so..

Kamchatka [Mission: Osiris] Snow World
Argent Moon [Mission: Blue Team] Space Station
Meridian [Mission: Glassed (Probably, maybe more)] Human colony
Lava Planet? [Mission: Evacuation] Lava n' stuff.
Sanghelios [Mission: Swords of Sanghelios / Enemy Lines / Battle of Sunaion] Desert'ish world + Ocean base
+ More!

I assume Argent Moon isn't a 'world' so it doesn't count. We've never played on Sanghelios before but it's a 'known' world.. so maybe they don't count that one? Also they could just be lying or bending the truth for all we know.

There are scenes with Blue Team on the 'weird alien rock-tree world' that has a blue hue.. I wonder if this is Meridian after being glassed? It looks TOO alien to me to be one in the same, but I don't know.

There is footage of a UNSC base w/ a Guardian around it.. but it looks like it's above the clouds. Not sure where that fits in. It's a Locke mission.

Random17

There's definitely a lot of hints of a Halo ring making an appearance.

I think that Jul Mdama's forces are fighting to capture a Guardian, and stand in the way of Osiris, which is why they get involved in the civil war.

Chief simply follows Cortana's instructions, for better or worse. There's probably an underwater mission, like Fathom.

I assume Meridian, Kamchatka and Sanghelios are the three new worlds. We know at least 4 to 5 missions are on Sanghelios.

There's a Forerunner esque planet with orbital stations in the recent trailer.

Looks like there is a UNSC base on Kamchatka as well, so I guess we could see a Guardian appear there as well, in the first mission?

I wonder where all these Guardians are going? I guess it could theoretically be one Guardian that goes from planet to planet.. but seems more likely that there are many of them.

Good breakdown of the new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAhIO1OL2X8

Underwater mission would be awesome.. what planet was that? Beta Gabriel? That's also where Dasc Gevadim was last seen.. and he's come back (In #HUNTtheTRUTH) so we could see a cool crossover.

There's a Forerunner esque planet with orbital stations in the recent trailer.

The one where the shockwave happens? Kinda looked like a human planet to me, but it could go either way. Think maybe that's Meridian before the Guardian awakens? Infinity is in orbit too..

Top Bottom