• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

The Flash

Banned
King K.Rool is in Smash...

CLEFNIBUYAA8d6h.jpg

oh my

I'm shocked they're using the classic K. Rool design, I thought they threw out them all when they got redone in King of Swing. This is a first since.

Ozium

ITT: People who apparently don't understand that Sakurai does whatever the fuck he wants.

Time and time again the same posters are talking out of their ass and declaring what Sakurai will do, yet the only person who knows what Sakurai will do is Sakurai.

Remember when people were saying that Sakurai said "no fighting game characters" or "only one rep for 3rd parties?"

Then Ryu came out, showing people that those "rules" are not hard and fast but are up to the whims of Daddy Sakurai.

smh

JazzmanZ

ITT: People who apparently don't understand that Sakurai does whatever the fuck he wants.

Time and time again the same posters are talking out of their ass and declaring what Sakurai will do, yet the only person who knows what Sakurai will do is Sakurai.

Remember when people were saying that Sakurai said "no fighting game characters" or "only one rep for 3rd parties?"

Then Ryu came out, showing people that those "rules" are not hard and fast but are up to the whims of Daddy Sakurai.

smh
Yeah I remember those, and it turned out to be straight bullcrap mistranslations that people made gospel.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/10/sakurai-didnt-say-that/#more-1133

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Technically they would still be using the ballot for Smash 4, but instead as a hook to get people to buy the NX version of the game. But I do agree with there potentially being a solid idea in the ballot. My issue is that I'm pretty sure popularity is involved in some way (likely with Sakurai looking more closely at the Top 10 or so), so that unique character may be buried in the votes.

I hope that Sakurai wouldn't look at top 10 too closely since I prefer that he would take a look at entire list and see what he could do with those characters. I really like how variable the newcomers were in Smash 4 in term of their uniqueness. (bar the clones)

I think people were too hung up on the poll

Yeah, it's suggestion box but it's pretty fun to discuss about it with other people tho despite that some people are taking it too serious.

My personal guess is that Sakurai won't be returning for Smash 5, so it might work out.

Well, I don't know how I would feel about that. I know someday Sakurai would stop working on Smash franchise. I guess it's really depend on what team they would pick to handle Smash 5.

Smash-GAF will be hired by Nintendo to design Smash 5 by committee

That would be a nightmare. I know I'm part of SmashGAF but know everyone, no one are willing to agree on same things.

FSLink

Banned
The order of the stages is a bit odd too, I don't see why the Dr. Mario stage, Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle 64 would be before Miiverse, it should be right after.

The order of the stages is a bit odd too, I don't see why the Dr. Mario stage, Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle 64 would be before Miiverse, it should be right after.

The order of that page is off anyway, as Miiverse should be the first stage, as it's merely moved over from the previous page is you own any Stage DLC.

Vaanrose made the gif to display that he think the leak is fake.
kQrmEV4.gif

I could see them making this mistake when creating the images. They've made other minor graphical errors (Villager's lips, that one pixel error on the CSS that's fixed).

Also the entire CSS's aspect ratios are messed up as of the last patch that squashed all the images in horizontally, so they don't seem to care all that much about aspect ratios for DLC.

JazzmanZ

there's nothing odd about it, it's about as odd as why the dlc characters are at the end instead of beside their respective series on the select screen.

Ryce

Miiverse is internally recognized as a regular stage and not a DLC one, so maybe that has something to do with it. It might always be forced to the end of the list for some weird technical reason. That makes the screen seem more legitimate to me, honestly.

FSLink

Banned
there's nothing odd about it, it's about as odd as why the dlc characters are at the end instead of beside their respective series on the select screen.

I'm saying newer DLC stages would likely be at the end of the previous DLC, no?

Miiverse is internally recognized as a regular stage and not a DLC one, so maybe that has something to do with it. It might always be forced to the end of the list for some weird technical reason.

Though I did forget about this, so this may be what's happening. It's interesting at least.

I noticed something when I was talking about the potential of a new DLC character with a friend. I brought up how I thought the time from Mewtwo's public release to the 3 June DLC characters release should be somewhere close to the time of the 3 June DLC characters release to this Friday.

It turned out that the time in between Mewtwo's public release and the 3 June DLC characters release was 47 days apart. It also turned out that the time in between the 3 June DLC characters release and the July 31st update is also 47 days.

I don't think this means much but it still gets me excited.

I noticed something when I was talking about the potential of a new DLC character with a friend. I brought up how I thought the time from Mewtwo's public release to the 3 June DLC characters release should be somewhere close to the time of the 3 June DLC characters release to this Friday.

It turned out that the time in between Mewtwo's public release and the 3 June DLC characters release was 47 days apart. It also turned out that the time in between the 3 June DLC characters release and the July 31st update is also 47 days.

I don't think this means much but it still gets me excited.
While I didn't expect 3 characters, I'm honesly shocked we didn't get atleast one for this update.

I mean, we still might, but I'd think a small Smash Direct would go with a character. Kinda breaks a pattern with no character since all updates with new content also had new characters.

I personally hope Smash Bros. 4 is just ported over to the next console and treated like Team Fortress 2. Just keep improving on it and adding more content. I can see this game having legs for a decade or more. I really don't even want a Smash 5, all the anxiety that comes with worrying about your main getting cut, or implementing some new gimmick won't exist.

Maybe that's why this installment is just called "Super Smash Bros.". We keep saying Smash 4, but it's never been known as that officially.

Ryce

A new character reveal could just be streamed live on the site like they did for Robin. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Nintendo Direct.

If the Doc stage is actually fake, I'd love a run down of how it came to be, because they managed to get the animations frame perfect, even with Doc's cape, the lighting is in-engine perfect, the assets for the characters are ripped right from Smash 4, the stage is shown from multiple angles and zooms, all with perfect lighting and every aspect of the leak is the single most professional fake we've ever seen.

Top Bottom