• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

chifanpoe

Don't back away now! I pulled the trigger on a CCU to a Cutlass Blue I had because you said the Black loaner would be flyable tomorrow. :)

That reminds me I still have one of these old "upgrades" in my buyback:
RdH4unt.png

It will be!
Might not be the new model though.

;) haha

ryousuke

I believe the only way is to disable f.lux unfortunately. I always stop the program when I'm about to play anyway, it gave me weird drops in a few games recently.

I'd still like to know: How did you come to that conclusion? What about backers with graphics cards like the Geforce 560 Ti, that satisfies Star Citizen's minimum requirements (and runs the game well enough), but that also will not support Vulkan? Does it not "effect" someone if they have to replace their graphics card in order to keep playing this alpha?

For reference, the current minimum requirements...
I sometimes am completely confounded by some of the sentiments among certain backers of SC.

GeForce GTX 560 Ti: Realse Date: 25, January 2011

Can you imagine someone in 2007 expected their GeForce 3 could run Crysis ?!

Nonetheless, CIG should drop that mention to the 2011 PC on the download page... obviously no one with common sense and with one look at the game's graphics could imagine that it is at all realistic for GPU requirments... but nonetheless.

MJLord

Nonetheless, CIG should drop that mention to the 2011 PC on the download page... obviously no one with common sense and with one look at the game's graphics could imagine that it is at all realistic for GPU requirments... but nonetheless.

That would just be getting in the way of a good controversy!

Eolz

Banu Weapon Sneak Peak!

Weapon.jpg

+ description
This tachyon cannon, called the Singe, is a long range, high damage weapon used by the Banu Defender. Like much of the Banu technology, its real origin is unknown, but based on the fact that it differs from other Banu engineering choices, UEE historians suspect they assimilated it from some other culture.

Thorn

A few questions in regards to the games visuals:

- Are they planning to implement a more complex lighting system?
- Will the temporal AA solution be improved?

Haven't been following the project too closely lately.

KKRT00

Its already implemented in their branch. They have full GI for indoors and outdoors, though both are different systems. Indoors and in space are based on probes like Ryse, but fully dynamic and on planet surfaces they have full GI from the sun.
Yes, but no ETA. They want to support several AA solution if they will be able too, but they were not focusing on it lately.

---
They said tha they will be always improving their rendering technology.

Haven't been following the project too closely lately.
In terms of "lighting":
-They are currently adding GPU driven cubemaps and then, after that, adding in some GI system for planetside and indoors. They have not really mentioned what that was, but I imagine it would be some more real time version of RT probes like FC3-4.
-They are currently redoing the area lighting model for planar lights.
-They are going to use Froxel and World Space Voxels to represent volumetric lighting (god rays and how fog is lit).
-They will likely update the SSR to be more akin to stuff you see in Frostbite if their forums are anything to go by.

Temporal AA:
- they have to move back the Lumberyard TAA into an earlier stage of rendering before transparencies and UI. I imagine they will improve the Lumberyard TAA when they do that as well to be 'state of the art'.

iHaunter

Schedule probably released at Gamescon?

We'll see, I'm hoping for some SQ42 stuff. Expecting trailer, will be nice to see that vertical slice though...

I'm expecting 3.0 to be "Released" by July though. During some ATVs they talked about major blockers like subsumption coming to completion. We'll see. Development is so difficult to gauge.

SQ42 reveal and demo at E3. 3.0 release date, if not the release itself, at the same event/talk. Two months from now. But knowing this project, that is an incredibly optimistic expectation.

Vash63

Temporal AA:
- they have to move back the Lumberyard TAA into an earlier stage of rendering before transparencies and UI. I imagine they will improve the Lumberyard TAA when they do that as well to be 'state of the art'.

A lot of developers have mentioned that DX11 wasn't as powerful as OpenGL, DX12 and Vulkan in terms of AA flexibility (especially with deferred renderers). I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on AA implementation until after the Vulkan port.

A lot of developers have mentioned that DX11 wasn't as powerful as OpenGL, DX12 and Vulkan in terms of AA flexibility (especially with deferred renderers). I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on AA implementation until after the Vulkan port.
Oh, got any links on the subject? I always love reading about stuff like that :D

I went into a PU server last night and was one of the first people to spawn along with 2 other players. Had an amazing moment as the game was running at 50-60 fps (still server limited of course), but it felt basically like a new game away from the standard 19-26 fps you usually get in the PU. Seriously 3.0 cannot come quickly enough, I would play the game so much more often if the PU had performance that actually reflected the way my rig can perform.

NuMiQ

Neo Member
I wrote a wee post about some of the updates to the Star Marine maps - a couple of people liked the insight, so I thought I'd share: http://noonan.design/updates/end-of-month-update-march-2017/

That's pretty interesting. Nice to see some of the changes in visual format as well. Good on you guys for iterating this quickly on the design of the maps. A lot of devs would've just called it done and moved on.

I really hope we get to see some cool stuff tonight. Have to do a mayor house cleaning today, at least that'll help spending the time until then :p

karmakgb

Neo Member
Goddamn I am looking forward to 3.0... Can't wait for the schedule!

Also, I just applied for the org. Anything else I need to do? Thanks.

Rephin

Goddamn I am looking forward to 3.0... Can't wait for the schedule!

Also, I just applied for the org. Anything else I need to do? Thanks.

Can't wait for that 3.0 schedule. I'm really hoping they're planning sometime in June. Just applied for the org also.

Accepted both of you. Welcome! Be sure to add your name and ship info to the org roster sheet (quote the OP of this topic to view it).

Top Bottom