• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: 'Arena Commander' Dogfighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

I may need to engage an Operation use wife to download.

Do it. Maybe the level of undestanding may differ, but every being is fit to press some buttons and navigate to shortcuts
KuGsj.gif

Faith

Hopefully the shadows in those first two pics are improved, they look so horrible compared to the rest of the image.

Nice AA on the ship, then these huge 40-pixel stepping shadows cast from a perfectly smooth object.
The shading of the asteroids could also be better. I hope they improve everything.

But even now it looks superb.

Anyone here with an SLI rig who has SLI working?

The default bits for the game caus eye killing graphical glitches (broken polygons flicking in multi rainbow colors in the center of the screen).

elseanio

Anyone here with an SLI rig who has SLI working?

The default bits for the game caus eye killing graphical glitches (broken polygons flicking in multi rainbow colors in the center of the screen).

Ahh, this may explain my issues (posted above) as I have a 690

DogMeat77

Is Oculus Rift support supposed to be working in this release of Arena Commander?

Downloading now, so I'll find out if Rift Support is on when I get home from work. Rift support in the hangar module was pretty horrible, so I'm guessing not. Hopefully it is though.

Tankshell

Downloading now, so I'll find out if Rift Support is on when I get home from work. Rift support in the hangar module was pretty horrible, so I'm guessing not. Hopefully it is though.

Just tried it myself, it isn't really playable, but it kinda works... kinda, as long as you just look directly ahead :)

Basically it appears as though when you turn your head left/right in the Rift, your characters helmet does not turn with you, so you immediately see the inside of your helmet, lol. Let's just say, it needs some more work.

Still, just sitting in the cockpit feels sooooooo amazing (as with Elite:D), this will eventually be the only way to play, IMO.

metalshade

Here in the uk, an 8 hour download is tormenting me, living vicariously through GAF, keep those posts coming!

Also, better hunt up those .ini and config files to see what I can change to get my T16.0000M Joystick to work.

DogMeat77

Just tried it myself, it isn't really playable, but it kinda works... kinda, as long as you just look directly ahead :)

Basically it appears as though when you turn your head left/right in the Rift, your characters helmet does not turn with you, so you immediately see the inside of your helmet, lol. Let's just say, it needs some more work.

Still, just sitting in the cockpit feels sooooooo amazing (as with Elite:D), this will eventually be the only way to play, IMO.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still excited to look straight forward when I get home lol :)

I'm sure they will eventually get it ironed out. Elite Dangerous is great in the rift, and I agree it is really the only way to play.

Daedardus

Wow, it amazes me I'm able to run the thing at a a decent FPS. Flight model seems fun enough, but didn't do any dogfighting yet.

Also, the 300i is just so nice. I hope they add a drawing distance slider in the next couple of months, so I can crank up the detail in the hangar. It still seems to load the whole hangar, and with two ships extra this seems to eat some performance, although it generally runs better than the previous hangar.

Faith

Sploosh, I want one. All I have is the Aurora.
I have an Aurora and the Avenger. But the 300i (which I don't have) is also in the hangar. You can fly that ship too ;)

Faith - can you post your PC Specs? Thanks.
Windows 8, Intel i7 4770K @4Ghz, Gainward GTX770 4GB @1.2Ghz, game is installed on my Samsung Pro SSD.

The hangar is running at constant 60fps now. While I'm flying I get 50-60fps most of the time and the framerate never drops under 35fps. Most demanding scene is if you are looking right into the white/blue sun, there I got around 35fps.

Irobot82

I have an Aurora and the Avenger. But the 300i (which I don't have) is also in the hangar. You can fly that ship too ;)

Windows 8, Intel i7 4770K @4Ghz, Gainward GTX770 4GB @1.2Ghz, game is installed on my Samsung Pro SSD.

The hangar is running at constant 60fps now. While I'm flying I get 50-60fps most of the time and the framerate never drops under 35fps. Most demanding scene is if you are looking right into the white/blue sun, there I got around 35fps.

Thanks Faith. Keep the shots coming as far as I am concerened. Do you have a Hornet as well? Can you take some shots firing lasers or rockets with your 300i and Aurora?

Faith

Wait, you can change ships!? Hoooow
I got 4 ships in my hangar. The first two are the Aurora and the 300i (not mine) and the other two are the Aurora and the Avenger (mine).

I don't know if it's only for me the case, but for the Arena Dogfighting you get extra ships. My own Aurora doesn't work.

Orgun

I got 4 ships in my hangar. The first two are the Aurora and the 300i (not mine) and the other two are the Aurora and the Avenger (mine).

I don't know if it's only for me the case, but for the Arena Dogfighting you get extra ships. My own Aurora doesn't work.

Ah I only have the one Aurora in my hangar :/ Might be a backer level thing

fresquito

I have two Auroras. Game runs quite well. I've only tried Free Flight so far, but, except when I look into a star, the game runs well into 50-60fps all the time. I was afraid performance would be much worse, but it is not.

About controls, they work quite well, except for horizontal strafe, I find it a bit choppy. I wish I could change the FOV, because it's a bit headache inducing :-/

Vlodril

The cheap hotas i got work fine now. Although there is no key mapping for the moment and half the keys dont work so its kinda useless (also i cant hit shit with them :p).

Irobot82

Are you all using FRAPS to get your FPS b/c I could never get RadeonPro to populate a counter in the Hangar Module.

Is it possible to test out some other ships or is it all based off how much you pledged?

Right now it's all based on your pledge.

Eventually they are going to add Test Pilot Badges where you can fly any ship of your choosing for 24 hours. You get one free per month as a subscriber.

14342546361_1a9d9e0011_o.png

Game is running at 4K with a little SMAA (edit: or none) at 30 FPS on my rig. Runs very well. Downsampling to 1080p has very good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom