• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Star Trek' star Anton Yelchin has died (details forthcoming, automobile accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

Hollywood Reporter guy spoke to the police.

d795Bwq.png

Good god. Horrible, he was going to be a great actor. Sad to think that we are going to miss future great movies.

I recommend Charlie Bartlett. Him and Downy Jr are great.

What in the actual fuck. He just forgot to put his car in park and it rolled into him? Wtf. There are no other words. WTF.

Sometimes when you're doing a task that you do every day, you tend to forget the simplest things that are ritual. I know Ove been in situations where I do something Im accustomed to and sometimes blank out completely.

Rip anton. 2016 continues to suck.

This has to be a joke or a prank, right?

He's actually one of my favorite actors - I've loved him since Alpha Dog, he was great as Odd Thomas, plus the Star Trek movies. This is sad, holy shit.

RIP.

Probably drove manual. With MT you need to put the car in Neutral to start the car. Reckon he turned on the car, thought something along the line of whoops forgot to open the gate, walks around down the hill, car follows and crushes him. I've seen news articles of the kind in Europe with some regularity.

always buy an automatic

Very sad news, 27 is no age to get a fatal completely avoidable accident.

You don't need to put the car to neutral to start it], you just need to push the clutch all the way down. That is the only requirement, nothing concerning brakes or gears.

You are also talking about some kind of anecdotes when you say that MT causes death by rolling/crushing.

I would like to hear all the details about his death. Such a strange event.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The worst one of the year so far. He was a great actor with a lot of promise. RIP.

Fury451

Banned
Sometimes when you're doing a task that you do every day, you tend to forget the simplest things that are ritual. I know Ove been in situations where I do something Im accustomed to and sometimes blank out completely.

Yep. It's not uncommon but the circumstances here like the driveway were truly "freak". Sad. Think I'll watch Odd Thomas again- he was fantastic in that film.

Cheerilee

I dont understand how this happened? If the car was in neutral, wouldn't it begin rolling backwards as soon as he let off the brakes? How would he get out and walk behind it and then the car would begin to start rolling?

I'm guessing the car seemed steady and stable, so he got out. Then it started moving slowly, very slowly, gradually becoming faster and faster.

I'm guessing he saw it start moving and he tried to stop it. When it's rolling slow, you can influence it. Heck, maybe he just put his foot on the front bumper to tie his shoe, and that's why it started rolling. It doesn't take much when it's precarious. He loved his car and he didn't want to see it crash into the brick wall, so he jumped into the line of danger to try and push it the other direction, but it was too little too late and he got run over.

So sad. Rest in peace.

I know. That is what makes it so tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom