• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Star Trek' star Anton Yelchin has died (details forthcoming, automobile accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Damn what a fucking shame.
I actually saw the same thing happen when I was a kid. Getting dropped off after school at our house and the driver got out to open the sliding door and out of nowhere our car started rolling down our steep driveway. The driver chose to stay there to try and protect the van full of kids with his body and got mashed between the van and the car. Luckily he survived but was pretty badly hurt.

Probably drove manual. With MT you need to put the car in Neutral to start the car. Reckon he turned on the car, thought something along the line of whoops forgot to open the gate, walks around down the hill, car follows and crushes him. I've seen news articles of the kind in Europe with some regularity.

Yeah, and like Joe pointed out, neutral could have been virtually silent. It was just hard to visualize from the initial TMZ report and without any knowledge of how long the driveway was, and how steep it was, and how much time it would take to walk to the bottom, and how long before the car started rolling backwards...

Just bizarre and sad and terrible. Especially considering how long he was there. Did nobody hear him? Did he even get a chance to make a noise?

Awful. I don't think there was ever a role he took on that I didn't enjoy. He was in some not great movies, but his performances were never the reason those movies didn't work. He was just eminently likable, even when you maybe weren't supposed to like him so much.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
27 is way too young. Such a freak accident apparently. Have more details come out yet? Why was he out of the car? Did he leave something in the trunk, or want to check on something in the trunk, put it in park but accidentally put it in neutral and didn't realize it? Shame. He must have been in a hurry and just wasn't thinking properly.

RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom