• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Star Trek' star Anton Yelchin has died (details forthcoming, automobile accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP. Always had a crush on him too.

Cars are heavy, mmkay? Most people don't realize that because it goes vroom vroom...until you hit something. And knowing LA, many of these hills and driveways are steep as fuck. Won't take much distance for a car to start accelerating really quickly.

Line_HTX

Chekov from the new movies.

They said he was pinned by his car in his driveway. The driveway was steep and the car was in neutral.

YjcxFeX.jpg

Really sad.

NO FUCKING WAY, COME ON!!

T__T

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wtf this year is awful

rip

Hex

Banned
Fuck god damn it.
I really liked this kid.
Star Trek, Odd Thomas, Charlie Bartlet, Only Lovers left alive....
Fuck

Cartman86

Banned
Last thing I saw him in was Green Room a month or so ago and he and everything about it was great. Fright Night reboot underrated as well. Like Crazy of course. Part of that young Hollywood that could at any moment explode like J Law and Felicity Jones.

Meowster

I really liked him, he was great in his role and made interesting choices throughout his young career. He will be missed.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wow, that really is a freak accident. This sucks, I always liked his work.

This is really sad and even though I didn't know him personally, it really breaks my heart. In my opinion he was a great underrated actor. It is a real shame to die so young.

styl3s

I just saw Green Room and Odd Thomas last weeking thinking this guy needs way more leading roles. RIP.

Death needs to chill the fuck out for a year.

Fuck... that was unexpected. Such a shame too, I really liked him as young Chekov, and he seemed like a promising young actor. Hopefully, Beyond will be dedicated in his memory, though I don't see what they'll do for the next one.

RIP.

Terrible and tragic. It's those kind of freak accidents that terrify me. I thought he had a good career trajectory and would really go places, especially thanks to Star Trek. Talented young dude. This year is taking too many too soon.

Rest in Peace.

spekkeh

Banned
What in the hell

So, he starts the car. The car is in neutral. He gets out of the car, goes around to the back of it, the car hits him and pins him between it and the mailbox?

I'm trying to make sense of how this guy gets killed by his own car in his own driveway with nobody else around.

Like, I can see him starting the car, letting it warm up (maybe?) walking down to get his mail and then... the car just slips out of park and picks up speed in reverse going down the incline until it hits him?

This is fucking bizarre. And sad as hell.
Probably drove manual. With MT you need to put the car in Neutral to start the car. Reckon he turned on the car, thought something along the line of whoops forgot to open the gate, walks around down the hill, car follows and crushes him. I've seen news articles of the kind in Europe with some regularity.

always buy an automatic

Very sad news, 27 is no age to get a fatal completely avoidable accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom