• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 - Thread of Pre-Production

B.K.

I guess the first teaser will come out during the holidays. Maybe then the title could be revealed, too.

Does Disney have any big movies coming out this Christmas that they can attach a teaser to? The first real trailer will probably be with Age of Ultron.

Blader

Does Disney have any big movies coming out this Christmas that they can attach a teaser to? The first real trailer will probably be with Age of Ultron.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a Disney movie.

My guess is they'll attach a first teaser to The Hobbit.

DieH@rd

Banned
Isn't there some rule in Hollywood now that you can't have teasers or trailers of any kind until six months before the movie is released?

So, that Mad Max trailer they released online after SDCC is breaking some law? :D :D

There are zero limitations on teasers/trailers. As for Ep7, Disney is just crafting good marketing campaign by keeping up minimal appearances of SW stuff.

LNBL

Mark Hamill's ALS Bucket Challenge. Look at that Jedi Master beard, he also seemed to have lost some more weight?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfnqppqUBOI

91c5d2f025ebb254534eb5bd1c762be4.png

Harrison Ford looks good too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_V_SxXy2U
0f8bcbd66b7d21fa5ddff763c7fe9fb2.png

inm8num2

tumblr_l9a8k1AEMb1qbwdexo1_400.gif

And we're back!

Han Solo is back in the cockpit.

Star Wars: Episode VII has officially resumed shooting at Pinewood Studios outside of London after taking a brief hiatus due to the on-set accident that broke Harrison Ford’s leg on June 12. Since his character is a major part of the Episode VII story, this caused massive upheaval for the film schedule, which had to be reshuffled in the midst of production while the 72-year-old star recuperated.

"Star Wars: Episode VII has officially resumed shooting" makes it sound like the entire shoot took two months off... can that be true? I'd imagine they spent that time shooting Solo-less scenes.

This is the problem with modern cinema.

Just let these characters rest peacefully in the past.

What? Indiana Jones is a throwback to old adventure serials. The character is tailor-made to keep going on more adventures.

I can understand how Hollywood's obsession with franchises can be annoying, but I would strongly disagree with any blanket statement that they are inherently bad. Some stories should be finite, while others are perfectly fine as ongoing episodic tales.

I bet some people clamored for the end of James Bond movies when Sean Connery got too old, and I'm sure glad the producers did not listen.

strafer

So I watched the original trilogy during the weekend and I can safely say that is one of the greatest trilogies of all time.

So many great moments.

George Lucas did something right.

They put a hidden Tumbler (Batmobile) on the Falcon. It's part of the ongoing game JJ and Snyder are playing with each other.

It's nice because the tumbler was based on the Spinners from Bladerunner and the Falcon.

It's like poetry.

I noticed the Tumbler but I didn't know JJ and Snyder had a running gag going.

Could have had a Fincher Star Wars movie.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...d-directing-star-wars-episode-7?+main+twitter
David Fincher has revealed that he spoke to Lucasfilm about directing Star Wars: Episode VII before J.J. Abrams took the job.

In Total Film magazine, the Fight Club and Se7en director said he had spoken at one point to Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy about possibly directing the next Star Wars film, but the helmer suggested that Disney's involvement turned him off. He also says in that interview that he always thought of Star Wars as a story of slavery.

"I talked to Kathy about it, but I think that it's a different thing from... I don't know what Disney-Lucasfilm will be like," he says.

"It's tricky. My favourite is The Empire Strikes Back. If I said, 'I want to do something more like that,' then I'm sure the people paying for it would be like, 'No! You can't do that! We want it like the other one with all the creatures!' I always thought of Star Wars as the story of two slaves [C-3PO and R2-D2] who go from owner to owner, witnessing their masters' folly, the ultimate folly of man... I thought it was an interesting idea in the first two, but it's kind of gone by Return of the Jedi."

Fincher's next film, Gone Girl, will be released on October 3. Star Wars: Episode VII is due to open in theatres December 18, 2015. IGN Logo

So, apparently some HUGE story spoilers are out there? =/

I'm gonna have to avoid the other thread now, which is too bad.. I liked the other, milder leaks.

Top Bottom