• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens character names revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely sensational revelation

Based on the lighting and the environmental interaction, it looks like it's the same sequence. Unless Isaac is flying low over the same lake at the same time of day with S-foils in attack position at two separate instances about a half hour apart in the film.

Not that it couldn't be possible. It could. I dunno. But it seems easier to assume it's the same scene.

Damn, this is the first Star Wars VII news I'm not too excited about. Having both a Rey and a Ren sounds kinda confusing. And I was already getting used to Kira :(

John Boyega and Adam Driver really are better character names.

Also, where's that GAF user who was claiming that the Sith was called Jason/Janus? LOL.

Sparse

Based on the lighting and the environmental interaction, it looks like it's the same sequence. Unless Isaac is flying low over the same lake at the same time of day with S-foils in attack position at two separate instances about a half hour apart in the film.

Not that it couldn't be possible. It could. I dunno. But it seems easier to assume it's the same scene.

Bits of setup for where everyone is and what's changed in however many years?

Jarmel

Banned
A logical assumption would be that Boyega is not going to spend near, if not half, the runtime in Stormtrooper armor.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Poe Dameron sounds like a name for an independent singer.

Doesn't help that he's being played by Llewyn Davis of all people.

The Wookiepedia entry on Finn is hilarious.

Finn was a Human male who lived approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor. He wore stormtrooper armor in the desert of a planet. He was drenched in sweat while in the desert.

And on Rey:

Rey was a female who drove a speeder bike in the desert of a planet approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor. She was dressed in tan, ragged clothes, including a scarf around her head and a visor covered with sand.

8bit

Knows the Score
I hear there was a card where it looked as if BB-8 had an erect, glistening penis but it's been pulled.

Also, the card was replaced.

Jarmel

Banned
As much as I hate the prequels, Finn Windu does roll off the tongue nicely.

Would be a good throwback to the prequels and also make sense in the terms of the universe. Windu had a brother and this is his grandchild. Midichilorians and genetics.

I sure hope none of them is named Skywalker. I don't want these movies to yet again be about a Skywalker family member.

I'm betting it's Rey Solo. She is still 1/2 Skywalker, but doesn't have the name.

I also hope that Dameron is pronounced DAMM-er-RON, and not de-MARE-en.

Moppeh

Banned
Poe Dameron is a shitty name. :/ The new Solo needs a way cooler name than that.

All the other ones are great though.

Cheebo

Banned
So I'm guessing the significance of the numbers JJ mentions is that each represents the number of minutes into the film you'll see each image.

Goddammit JJ.

There is no chance the movie is anywhere close to being edited enough to know what a run time would be.

Beefy

Damn, this is the first Star Wars VII news I'm not too excited about. Having both a Rey and a Ren sounds kinda confusing. And I was already getting used to Kira :(

John Boyega and Adam Driver really are better character names.

Also, where's that GAF user who was claiming that the Sith was called Jason/Janus? LOL.

I said I was told that was character Driver plays, do we know 100% it isn't? If the guy telling me stuff is wrong then he is wrong. I just thought I would tell you guys what I was told. If it turns out Jason/Janus isn't anything to do with the movie then I am sorry the info I was told misled people.

MattyG

Banned
Finn is clearly Han and Leia's Son while Rey is Luke and Leia's daughter.
guy-opening-door.gif

Cheebo

Banned
Also this likely confirms that Adam Driver is NOT Han and Leia's son since by all indications that is him with the saber in the woods. Seeing how his last name is not Solo.

Also Rey/Daisy Ridley is not his brother I would assume, because "Rey Ren" would just sound too weird.

Ithil

Finn?

LOL.

And the sith's name doesn't sound very evil. Lucas knew how to make evil sounding names that way the audience would never be confused about who's supposed to be the bad guy.

I think between the lightsaber and black cloak I can figure out he's a bad guy, dude. He doesn't need to be called John Evil.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Finn?

LOL.

And the sith's name doesn't sound very evil. Lucas knew how to make evil sounding names that way the audience would never be confused about who's supposed to be the bad guy.

How is we know this guy is a Sith? From what I gather he is a man who is obsessed with the Sith and collects their artefacts but not necessarily a Sith himself. If he is then he'll get a Darth something title eventually.

You guys please be careful just casually tossing around rumors/spoilers that you might have internalized from months of reading Star Wars news.

Lotta people up in here have no idea about any of that shit, and basically don't know anything but what the teaser has shown them, and that Luke, Han & Leia are gonna be in it.

Valhelm

contribute something
The names sound like something out of the expanded universe, but they're not too bad.

I'm very glad that the black character doesn't have a ridiculous "alien name".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom