• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield PC Performance Thread

Pejo

Gold Member
No, apparently it was a display issue with afterburner on Windows 11. The game properly multithreads

I'll edit my post.

xo6Wmhz.jpg

Dat foliage.

Azaroth

I think it was entirely expected that this would be a demanding game. I don't see anything in that dude's video that seems particularly concerning or surprising. I seriously doubt you'll have any real issue playing at 1440p 60 with your setup. You have a better CPU and GPU, and I'd imagine the high settings will be almost indistinguishable from ultra, if you have to turn anything down at all.

Last edited:

Nfactor_AF

Neo Member
i9 9900K (5Ghz all core locked)
Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia RTX 4090
64Gb DDR4-3600 CL16
55" Sony X900H 120Hz 4K HDR
2Tb 970 EVO Plus NVME SSD

Bring it! :messenger_sunglasses:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I've still got an i7 7700k and 16GB of RAM, but enough room on an NVME and an RTX4080 that I'm hoping it runs decently before I upgrade...which always seems to be the goal, next month. I can boost my overclock a bit too on the CPU side and see if that helps...GPU almost sounds overkill.

legacy24

I've still got an i7 7700k and 16GB of RAM, but enough room on an NVME and an RTX4080 that I'm hoping it runs decently before I upgrade...which always seems to be the goal, next month. I can boost my overclock a bit too on the CPU side and see if that helps...GPU almost sounds overkill.
I got the non k of that cpu can you tell if you get consistent 30 fps

Sleepwalker

Steam Deck stream, I am seeing 30-60 fps fluctuations depending on whats going on, on a mine it was close to 60 averaging in the 50s, in the station its around 30, I think with some optimization youll be able to get a locked 30 at all times if lucky.

Back on the hype train for me, this is a game id love in portable form probably.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Figured I post this here and in the PureDark thread...
Starfield might be easier than I expected
I just checked the Starfield's exe, it's very easy to find the FSR2 functions it seems.
I can maybe get DLSS2 working even before DLSS3, and within maybe two hours I can get a basic functionality working.
And I am gonna release the DLSS2 version on nexusmods.
But DLSS3 still needs to wait, and will only be on patreon.
Nice.

twilo99

My friend is running a 13600k and a 3080 and says he's getting 40ish on low and medium settings with fsr on.

Hm, I mean that's what my built in monitor reading is showing, its usually pretty accurate and I like having it on because I am always curious to see what VRR is doing.

The 13600k is solid so I doubt its that.. I dunno

Nevermind, that was only in the first cave... down to earth with 50-70FPS

Last edited:

hollams

Gold Member
Looks like it doesn't support HDR. I have it turned on in Windows but it didn't activate my display for HDR. There isn't an in game setting for it or even a brightness setting for that matter.

ZehDon

My friend is running a 13600k and a 3080 and says he's getting 40ish on low and medium settings with fsr on.
I'm seeing a few reports of NVidia cards underperforming. I thought perhaps the game was just heavy, but given how its running on equivalent AMD hardware, I'm starting to think that the AMD sponsorship means they'll still need to performance tune the game for other hardware. I'm not jumping in till official release date, hopefully we see some improvements by then, I guess.

Del_X

Looks like it doesn't support HDR. I have it turned on in Windows but it didn't activate my display for HDR. There isn't an in game setting for it or even a brightness setting for that matter.
Disappointing. Auto HDR works pretty well in windows and I’m assuming it should help here but wow.

12900KS
64GB @ 5200MHz
Crucial P5S NVMe

I’ll report some numbers tonight

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m on a 3080 and fsr on. Definitely going from 40-60 on max settings. 4k.

Enabling fps counter later to play around with it. Left the scaling at 100, so maybe tweaking it down to 88% or some shit could fix it without losing much.

Top Bottom