• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Even within the deadline, they didn't fulfill their offer for soooo many people. It was a big mess.

Did these people join the right group before the deadline? I distinctly remember one GAFer saying he never received the game, but when looking at his Steam profile, he'd mistakenly joined one of the unofficial/fake R* groups.

Baha

Did these people join the right group before the deadline? I distinctly remember one GAFer saying he never received the game, but when looking at his Steam profile, he'd mistakenly joined one of the unofficial/fake R* groups.

Yeah a lot of people mistakenly joined a fake group made by some Russian dude. Not sure what the reasoning was but he made several fake groups and spammed invites.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I remember that was the achievement that made me wake up at odd hours to vote for games. So much hillarity when people couldn't get achievement when they had voted every day.

The Flash Sales worked out rather well for me in regard to timing; IIRC, the last one of the evening was at around midnight and the next refresh wasn't for another ~8 hours.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Can anybody confirm for me that Saint's Row the Third DOES use Steam Cloud for saves and that Sleeping Dogs does NOT use it?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I thought the flash sales were a failure, largely due to the fact that many of them where just repeats with the daily deals, on top of community voted deals. So stuff like Skyrim was seen 4 times by the end.

The problem with these sales is that many older titles, but big names still take up space. Though they are just repeating the same sale they've been for years. Dead Space comes to mind. Or Audiosurf. Or even Half Life.

So what should have been probably a good fix to it, turned out to be pretty shitty.

So the devs of Humans Must Answer, this cool looking shmup that's currently up on Greenlight, posted the demo of their game that they've submitted to IGF on r/gaming.

Their game on Greenlight...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102856657

Direct post on reddit with the links to download the IGF demo...
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/13avng/just_finished_the_first_boss_of_our_game/c72i0kg

It's a slower paced shmup, kinda like R-Type. You do get support satellites but they're temporary and travel along in a straight line where you deploy them. Also instead of the usual power-ups you've got energy and mass weapons with limited amounts of ammunition. The energy weapons regenerate, the mass weapons require pick ups. The first level is a slow "oh, this is interesting, I guess" tutorial whereas the second level is the full on experience which is a lot of fun and kind of difficult.

Worth checking out.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
lol something about the graphics reminds me of early pc games except it's all high res

drizzle

Axel Hertz
. and voted.

Always good seeing another side scrolling shooter on steam.

There's also Syder Arcade on Greenlight, anyone who is interested in shmup should vote for it too.

It's on Indiegamestand pay what you want right now for those who want to buy it now.

Syder looks more like a bullet hell-y shmup than a R-Type one. Do you have any other general opinion/insight other than what the video tells me?

Edit: ah, fuck it, i'll pay 1 dollar on IndieGameStand and see for myself. The video is funny enough for that at least. :D

didamangi

Syder looks more like a bullet hell-y shmup than a R-Type one. Do you have any other general opinion/insight other than what the video tells me?

Edit: ah, fuck it, i'll pay 1 dollar on IndieGameStand and see for myself. The video is funny enough for that at least. :D

It's a defender like shmup with 3 ships and tough gameplay with campaign and survival mode. It's really fun IMO (especially for $1)

Jawmuncher

Posted in another thread but i'll post this here as well.
Though the steam sale will be going at the same time I don't see the prices being cheaper than this on some of the titles listed. If anything I think it would be a good idea to check both sites since with the inclusion of the 20% off code. I have a feeling Gamefly will have some titles cheaper than steams and vice versa.

http://slickdeals.net/f/5525700-Upc...t-Wanted-20-Torchlight-2-12-more-Starts-11-23

Bolded is whats Steamworks.
Coupon code NOV20OFF = 20% off everything (prices listed are before 20% off)

Battlefield Premium [gamefly.com] $29.99 - 11/23 only
Borderlands 2 [gamefly.com] $44.99
Command And Conquer Ultimate Collection [gamefly.com] $24.99
Darksiders II [gamefly.com] $16.99
Darksiders II Season Pass Dlc [gamefly.com] $6.80
Dishonored [gamefly.com]$29.99
Doom 3 BFG [gamefly.com] $14.99
Endless Space - Admiral Edition [gamefly.com] $20.09
Fallout New Vegas UE [gamefly.com] $14.99
FIFA 13 $19.99
Hotline Miami [gamefly.com] $7.49 - 11/23-24 only
Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning [gamefly.com] $7.99 - 11/23 Only
Mafia II [gamefly.com] $7.49
Mass Effect Trilogy [gamefly.com] $29.99
Medal Of Honor Warfighter [gamefly.com] $29.99 - 11/23 only
Need For Speed Most Wanted [gamefly.com] $24.99 - 11/23 only
Sims 3 Refresh [gamefly.com] $14.99
Sims 3 Seasons [gamefly.com] $19.99
Sims 3 Supernatural [gamefly.com] $19.99
Skyrim [gamefly.com]$29.99
Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition [gamefly.com] $24.99
Spec Ops: The Line [gamefly.com] $7.49
Syndicate [gamefly.com]$4.99
The Darkness II [gamefly.com] $7.49
Torchlight 2 [gamefly.com] $14.99
Two Worlds 2: Goty - Pirates Of The Flying Fortress Edition [gamefly.com] $9.99 - 11/23 only
Xcom: Enemy Unknown [gamefly.com] $44.99

cicero

This Amazon BF sale bundle has three Steam activated titles. You might be interested in adding it, xelios.

• Viva Big Bundle of Games: $8.99
    • Airline Tycoon Deluxe
    • Alter Ego
    • Angel Code
    • Cargo - The Quest for Gravity
    • Crazy Machines: New From The Lab
    • Grand Ages Rome
    • Helldorado
    • Mata Hari
    • STORM Frontline Nation
    • Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops

This Amazon BF sale bundle has three Steam activated titles. You might be interested in adding it, xelios.

• Viva Big Bundle of Games: $8.99
    • Airline Tycoon Deluxe
    • Alter Ego
    • Angel Code
    • Cargo - The Quest for Gravity
    • Crazy Machines: New From The Lab
    • Grand Ages Rome
    • Helldorado
    • Mata Hari
    • STORM Frontline Nation
    • Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops

Worth it for Cargo alone. That is if you enjoy a mixture of roguelike and platformer gameplay.

Can someone point me to a website and/or someone I can get DLC for Russian version of Sleeping Dogs. Unfortunately it turns out I bought a Russian cd-key, and now I cannot access purchase the DLC.

Kabouter

Worth it for Cargo alone. That is if you enjoy a mixture of roguelike and platformer gameplay.
Worth it alone for Airline Tycoon Deluxe too, screw not being on Steam, that game is great, and about a million times better than Airline Tycoon 2. Mata Hari is great too by the way, though it's also on Steam (just not Steam activated by the Amazon key apparently).

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Gemini Rue is the only point and click adventure game I have throughtly enjoyed, primarily due to its logical (so far) puzzles. I know there are a quadrillion adventure games out there, but are there any others out there with well designed puzzles and not "use the cat to scare the mouse to run up the tree to get a branch to fall off to hit the troll who drops a pot of gold which you use one piece to give to a leprechaun who will give you a magical rainbow"?

My previous adventure game experience is Monkey Island 1 and 2 (never beat them) and Day of the Tentacle (which I beat after consulting a guide about a dozen times).

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Nooooo Civ V: Gods & Kings is OOS... it was the only thing I was going to buy :( Does anyone have a code to sell/trade?

What do you mean? I still have it on my wishlist, it's still available for the price of $29.99. I'm still waiting for this one to either go on sale or get discounted.

Ledsen

What do you mean? I still have it on my wishlist, it's still available for the price of $29.99. I'm still waiting for this one to either go on sale or get discounted.

The Mac version (which, when activated on Steam, gives you the PC version as well since it's Steamplay), is $7.49 since yesterday. I waited on buying it though and now it's OOS :(

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The Mac version (which, when activated on Steam, gives you the PC version as well since it's Steamplay), is $7.49 since yesterday. I waited on buying it though and now it's OOS :(

Aw damn, yeah I missed that too. I would have instantly bought the PC version for $7.49. Hopefully it goes on sale again for 75% off later this week.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Spec Ops is now the daily deal at Green Man Gaming at $7.49, but with the 20% off voucher you can get it for $5.99.

edit: Shad'O $2.2 with the voucher too at that site.
I'd totally get it if I hadn't promised myself I wouldn't buy another game this month.

And I kinda accepted that I'll lose the bet against Glass Rebel, the man's a sniping machine :(

Gemini Rue is the only point and click adventure game I have throughtly enjoyed, primarily due to its logical (so far) puzzles. I know there are a quadrillion adventure games out there, but are there any others out there with well designed puzzles and not "use the cat to scare the mouse to run up the tree to get a branch to fall off to hit the troll who drops a pot of gold which you use one piece to give to a leprechaun who will give you a magical rainbow"?

My previous adventure game experience is Monkey Island 1 and 2 (never beat them) and Day of the Tentacle (which I beat after consulting a guide about a dozen times).

Try The Book of Unwritten Tales. It still has puzzles that have some kooky solutions but they aren't bizarre and completely illogical. And the best part is, the game is divided into sections so the solution of any puzzle you're currently on will span 5-6 screens (locations) at most. As a result, you'll never have to wander around or backtrack to solve puzzles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom