• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

From Tony at CAG:

Yep there will be more as the week goes on. Like the return of the KOA Bundle for $12, the ME+ME 2 +DAO:U+DA2 bundle for $14.99, the WB Combat pack, the Batman pack we ran before, the Harry Batman Pack, a bunch of stuff from Take 2 and Rockstar, 50% off BF Premium, $20 Need for Speed Most Wanted, $29.99 Medal of Honor Warfighter, a KILLLER deal on Dark Souls for those who missed it last time ($15), and more.

Cheers,
Tony

Damn, NFS fell fast. Does anybody know if the performance issues were worked out?

bigace33

Thanks bigace! The code works, I appreciate it man.

Thumbsup.gif

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thanks Xelios ... Looking forward to grabbign Dark Souls. Was hoping for a Dishonoured deal :/

Amazon doesn't distribute digital Dishonored so that's a no go. However there was supposed to be a flash deal on it, lemme see if I can find it.

Miker

I'd like to take a moment and point out that Dark Souls Praise Durante Edition for $15 is the same price that Namco is charging for just the DLC on the console versions. Sales bring a tear to my eye.

XShagrath

Picked up the Civ V: GOTY edition for $12.50. That's 75% off, so I don't think it would be cheaper on any Steam sale. If I like it, I'm gonna go ahead and grab Gods & Generals and the other packs that aren't included, since the discount is pretty steep.

make sure you get dark souls on sale if you haven't already picked it up. the multiplayer after the last steam sale has been killer; I even got invaded on my sl1 character, presumably by someone who had gone to the trouble of creating an sl1 darkwraith, which is pretty impressive for people not familiar with the game. they did send me some lame message on gfwl about my soul being forfeit then one shot me with high-level pyromancy, but that's half the fun.

Geen Probleem nie :p
Forces me to focus on other games, so not too worried.

if it makes you feel any better I can't buy any new games right now because all I want to play is dark souls. so far I've spent about 30mins playing xcom and sleeping dogs, though I did devote a couple of hours to deadlight the other day as well. getting hitman or dishonoured right now would just be redundant stockpiling since they'll end up being $5 in a few months, though I have been wanting to play both for a while.

Twinduct

if it makes you feel any better I can't buy any new games right now because all I want to play is dark souls. so far I've spent about 30mins playing xcom and sleeping dogs, though I did devote a couple of hours to deadlight the other day as well. getting hitman or dishonoured right now would just be redundant stockpiling since they'll end up being $5 in a few months, though I have been wanting to play both for a while.

Same boat. Although I did buy Hitman via one of the GMG deals. But won't be able to play it until the 23rd anyways.

Dishonoured will be a fun Dec game though. Make it so Valve!

drizzle

Axel Hertz

That's why I just buy games that are: 1) 75% discounted 2) under 10 bucks.

If they are "triple A titles", they usually need to be BOTH. Then I can buy, because I don't feel I'll lose much money if it gets lower than that, since I won't be playing the game anytime soon anyway.

Guys, how possible is it that there won't be any winter achievements this year?

Reasonably high, I'd say. Generally speaking, the Black Friday sale coming up is a test run for the Holiday Sale, so if there's no BF achievements this time round there probably won't be any Holiday Sale achievements.

Jzero

Reasonably high, I'd say. Generally speaking, the Black Friday sale coming up is a test run for the Holiday Sale, so if there's no BF achievements this time round there probably won't be any Holiday Sale achievements.
That sucks, the achievements were my favorite part :/

1-D_FTW

That sucks, the achievements were my favorite part :/

They were the most fun.

Unfortunately, they were open to abuse. It hammered the servers with people downloading tons of GBs of data just so they could play 5 minutes and unlock the achievement.

Then there were the account farmers who abused things.

And the fact that Valve likes to experiment and collect data to see what scheme is most profitable. This means they need to shuffle things around and not get stagnant.

I just hope they came up with something more creative than this summer's "Vote for Games That Are Going on Sale Regardless" campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom