• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN90

My Steam is stuck at "Connecting Steam account: nin90.."

Any hints?

EDIT: The good old client registry blob seems to do the trick.

Arthea

My Steam is stuck at "Connecting Steam account: nin90.."

Any hints?

EDIT: The good old client registry blob seems to do the trick.

used to happen to me a lot, at certain time of a day. It got better now. Actually if it's same problem as mine, just waiting does a trick: 1. it finally connects 2. says internet connection is off (when it is on), closing and trying again works, still need to wait.
I posted this some time again in steam topic, asking why nobody is concerned (><)

My steam account was stuck at signing in for the longest time. Was just about to re-install steam when it finally did. This was after the 4th time I closed the process thinking it was unresponsive.

ArjanN

I got The Basement Collection recently, and I can't figure out how to play Aether. It says to left click and hold to latch on to stuff and then press left and right to swing, but as soon as I press left or right he lets go of the cloud he's holding onto and starts running around the planet.

If I remember correctly you swing from cloud to cloud until you escape the gravity of the planet.

Eh. Anyone got an idea of the likelihood we might get FFIX after Square get FFVIII out on pc? Looking at this lightning returns stuff this morning, I'm not interested in any of that, nor really VII or VIII, but I still hold strong strong nostalgia for FFIX, I love that game. Is there a chance, or are we only really getting VII and VIII on steam since there were previous pc versions? If I remember right, there was no IX pc port.

Tak3n

Banned
I may be naïve here but I always like Total Biscuit as I always felt he was honest to a fault....

But this constant spamming of Hearthstone videos makes me put on my tin foil hat....

The game is not even released yet, Beta keys sell for $400 circa, so why does he constantly put out Hearthstone videos?

Knurek

Eh. Anyone got an idea of the likelihood we might get FFIX after Square get FFVIII out on pc? Are we only really getting VII and VIII on steam since there were previous pc versions? If I remember right, there was no IX pc port.

No PC port and using an emulator in a commercial release might incur wrath of Sony, since you'd need to include PS1 BIOS file. Looks like using PSN is your only hope for now (maybe once PS4 tanks, Sony will look at bringing its back catalogue to Steam?).

Phinor

I may be naïve here but I always like Total Biscuit as I always felt he was honest to a fault....

But this constant spamming of Hearthstone videos makes me put on my tin foil hat....

The game is not even released yet, Beta keys sell for $400 circa, so why does he constantly put out Hearthstone videos?

Because he really enjoys the game and those videos get a lot of views = money for him. Win/win for both him and his viewers. He gets to play a game he really enjoys and earns money while doing that, what's not to like from his perspective?

I really doubt there's anything more to it than that. It's not like he or Blizzard is selling beta keys for some quick buck.

Deques

Because he really enjoys the game and those videos get a lot of views = money for him. Win/win for both him and his viewers. He gets to play a game he really enjoys and earns money while doing that, what's not to like from his perspective?

I really doubt there's anything more to it than that. It's not like he or Blizzard is selling beta keys for some quick buck.

Not sure how it can be a win for the viewers who don't want to see Hearthstone but still want to be a subscriber to his channel. Plus it's tempting to all other viewers who want's too see Hearthstone to buy beta keys for $400. It's more like a win/lose situations to me.

Edit: just opted for the beta in my battle.net profile

Tak3n

Banned
Not sure how it can be a win for the viewers who don't want to see Hearthstone but still want to be a subscriber to his channel. Plus it's tempting to all other viewers who want's too see Hearthstone to buy beta keys for $400. It's more like a win/lose situations to me.

Edit: just opted for the beta in my battle.net profile

if it is a purely monetisation thing for TB I can see that, as he is getting 180K views on the videos, which is a lot more than the PAX videos et al he has put out, but the problem is the game is in a closed Beta....

I just think he should be doing the PAX stuff, he went on about how he had tons of direct feed footage to show us, yet we have seen little of that

I like that it's playing with some lovecraftian stuff, but playing it very light hearted. I need to sit down and figure out the differences between this, delver and paranautical activity, and fgure out which one I want. I'm interested in something like this, but at the same time on face value, they all look quite similar. This gets my attention first though because of dat c'thulu.

EDIT: Some potential cool stuff out this week. Only just getting a look at Volgarr and Aarklash, both look like they could be pretty cool.

Mac version of Last Light is up.

I like that it's playing with some lovecraftian stuff, but playing it very light hearted. I need to sit down and figure out the differences between this, delver and paranautical activity, and fgure out which one I want. I'm interested in something like this, but at the same time on face value, they all look quite similar. This gets my attention first though because of dat c'thulu.

Watching that 'first look' vid, it seems to be more serious than the trailer makes it out to be.

Tesseract

Banned
Volgarr the Viking |OT| RISE, 16-BIT HARDCORE NOSTALGIA!

qyNhTuq.png

ultimate-warrior-ahhhkdskd.gif

iUJGl4tmaTcro.gif

2ms7c6z.gif

iZzkNxlPZW2Oz.gif

aNuLiSJ.gif

i00Fa4FJrvqvI.gif

Phinor

Not sure how it can be a win for the viewers who don't want to see Hearthstone but still want to be a subscriber to his channel.

A Youtube video everyone wants to see doesn't exist. A sizable portion of his audience enjoys his Hearthstone videos based on viewer numbers so it's a win for all those viewers. Might not be a win for you personally or to a lot of other viewers, but there's big enough audience to justify those videos for now. It's so easy enough to not watch a video, just don't click it. No harm done.

TB is catering to his audience because viewers = money. I think it was PAX east or last year's PAX prime when he did a ton of videos about indie games with the creators (iirc) but those videos didn't get nearly as much viewers as his regular content so it was an easy decision to not do that again. Much like it is easy to create Hearthstone videos for a while longer.

It's a much better Alien game than A:CM, and a hell of a lot scarier.

I can believe that! The Aliens move so bloody fast! :/ I think I'll restart as an Alien tonight, heh.

This didn't work. Oh well, it's not like anyone's gonna miss me, lol

Does anyone hear anything? No? Hm, just my imagination then.

Does the 3DS let you suspend the game and do something else, like surf the internet or launch another game? Or is it like the DS and you can only suspend and then resume the game?

Yes to browser, no to launch another game.

Oh and 3DS browser > Steam browser :p.

It's cool guys, I guess you live and learn. I only spent five bucks to get the cards for the emote, but still...I feel like shit about it

:( I'm not sure I entirely understand how this happened and whether you can get it resolved satisfactorily or not but I hope you can and do.

Did someone call me? If you're thinking about getting them, you're doing it wrong already. F.E.A.R. is one of my favorite games of all time, and though some people found it boring (there are like only 3 different locations, and not much variety in the enemy department), to me it's a masterpiece. Amazing AI, fantastic level design, best shooting mechanics ever, cool-as-fuck slow-mo, very interesting plot and great graphics (I still think it holds up perfectly well).

The expansions are great too, and the sequel is excellent. Sadly they never made a third game, but maybe that's for the best.

lol

I knew my oh so subtle comment would bring you out from the shadows! Can't resist an opportunity to pimp F.E.A.R. to save your life can you? :p

Oh and they did make a third game you know?

lol

None, because I won't get GTA 5 until it's $5 or so (and on PC, of course). I'm as unexcited (is that a word?) for this one as I was excited for GTA IV.

It is, my fine English speaking despite it not being his native tongue friend :).

Freezard

Actually the first expansion pack to F.E.A.R. (Extraction Point) is great, but the second is awful. Avoid at all costs unless you only like shooting soldiers throughout the whole game.

Anyone pick up Incognita? It's not available on Steam yet, but buying on the Klei site gets you a Steam key and an extra copy to give to a friend, sell, etc

Actually the first expansion pack to F.E.A.R. (Extraction Point) is great, but the second is awful. Avoid at all costs unless you only like shooting soldiers throughout the whole game.

Thanks. Not sure when I'll get to the game in my backlog but I expect I'll fire up that expansion anyway just to see how it is. I might love it; who knows?

Jawmuncher

Anyone pick up Incognita? It's not available on Steam yet, but buying on the Klei site gets you a Steam key and an extra copy to give to a friend, sell, etc

Greif.exe was saying that the updated terms mean you get 2 keys as in 1 for the Alpha/Beta than another one for yourself. It's kinda confusing at the moment. Which is why I haven't plunked down yet.

Recently finished Dead Space. It was very enjoyable.
I didn't realize you can use kinesis on the glowing boxes for loot until very late in the game. lol. Limited ammo added lot to the tension.

Acccent

Greif.exe was saying that the updated terms mean you get 2 keys as in 1 for the Alpha/Beta than another one for yourself. It's kinda confusing at the moment. Which is why I haven't plunked down yet.

Adding the .exe after Grief sounds like you're referring to him using both his first and last names

You get your copy (Steam key + direct download when it's available) and you get a Humble Gift url to give away/sell/trade

Karu

Want to install Incognita, say: "German blabla - invalid installation path". Does somebody know how to fix that? I have two path' to choose from, both don't work. The support site, Steam leads me to, doesn't exist.

Edit: A restart helped

Knurek

Also, ouch @ let's say 'losing' 35000 sales.

Well, the devs said they made a lot of money during the Steam release week, hopefully they will keep working on the game.

I see it in a different way: those 35000 sales are the price they had to pay to get through greenlight.

Until Steam did the whole "just greenlight everything" deal a week or two ago.

Certainly a tough call to make now. Go for the publicity and kill your sales, or try to hold onto them meaning nobody will ever hear about it. Your classic catch 44 situation.

Vindicis

Banned
I see it in a different way: those 35000 sales are the price they had to pay to get through greenlight.

The Be Mine 9 bundle only sold 18k and the current capsule computer bundle is sitting at 6.5k sold. I'd be really surprised if Be Mine 8 sold 35k. I'm just speculating of course as I don't recall the numbers but groupees bundles don't tend to be that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom