• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were expecting fairness?

XznjDad.gif

tumblr_inline_nof0pfnboa1tsm17z_540.png

Knurek

God damn it, is SGSSAA really so expensive?

I can do Tales of Zestira in 4kp60 with everything set to high, including enhanced shadows. GPU utilization hovers around 60-80%, but it generally doesn't drop frames.

But I can't do 1080p60 with SGSSAA x4 enabled. There's one scene (entrance to Wind Temple) which tanks my framerate hard, and I've been having some random slowdowns during the fights.

Thing is, 1080pSGSSAA looks way better than 4kpFXAA
Way less temporal aliasing in some scenes, way less jaggies.
I thought 4k was an automatic way to have best image quality... What gives?

Deques

Humble Bundle has the Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 DLC Pack for $1.18. Includes:
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content1
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content2
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content3
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Histoire Battle Entry
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Peashy Battle Entry
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Plutia Battle Entry
They also have the Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 DLC Pack for $1.48. Includes:
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Additional Content1
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Additional Content2
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Additional Content3
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Histy's Rescue Plans
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Nepgear's Beam Zapper ZERO
Seems like a pretty great deal, especially considering that the DLC isn't on sale currently on Steam.

Why don't they have DLC pack for Nep-nep 3 and discount for Fairy Fencer F? :(

Bundle misfire. Realms of Ark. key is a double key, split it in half (game and DLC).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

bit Dungeon II -- MB-CF1C4277175D247D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-4878D6001FCB639C - Taken by Accoun. 5 entrants total.
Etherlords I & II -- MB-259B36C00F9CCAB2 - Taken by Naaq. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-666261A5863BC61E - Taken by OmarYusaf. 9 entrants total.
FATE: Undiscovered Realms -- MB-62B52A5EA87EDBDE - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Revised Edition -- MB-AEA6566B205B36F7 - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
Rune Classic -- MB-698F9F965A9922F3 - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.

t1449036805z1.png

Kaleinc

Banned
God damn it, is SGSSAA really so expensive?

I can do Tales of Zestira in 4kp60 with everything set to high, including enhanced shadows. GPU utilization hovers around 60-80%, but it generally doesn't drop frames.

But I can't do 1080p60 with SGSSAA x4 enabled. There's one scene (entrance to Wind Temple) which tanks my framerate hard, and I've been having some random slowdowns during the fights.

Thing is, 1080pSGSSAA looks way better than 4kpFXAA
Way less temporal aliasing in some scenes, way less jaggies.
I thought 4k was an automatic way to have best image quality... What gives?
Performance and visuals of SGSSAA depend on AA compatibility bit.
I thought 4k was an automatic way to have best image quality...
Nope.
is SGSSAA really so expensive?
30-40% GPU usage, 4x SGSSAA = 100% usage, a common thing.

Pachimari

I typically think of gaming like I think of seasons of TV shows. I (usually) don't just sit down and watch an entire season of a TV show from start to finish without watching other stuff in between. Most of the time, especially for newer network shows, that's nearly impossible anyway. In the same way, I typically don't sit down and play through a single game from start to finishing without starting something else or picking up another game that I've played previously. This is just as true (for me, at least) with episodic games as it is for other genres: especially RPGs. Having multiple games in a series is like having multiple seasons of a TV show.

And, just like TV shows, sometimes I'll watch a few episodes and the show won't really "grab" me the way I thought it would initially. And that's okay. I take it for what it's worth, and move on to watching something else. Maybe I'll pick that other show back up at some point, maybe I won't. I treat games the same way. And it happens sometimes where I pick up a game I've not played in a long time but can't remember what happened previously, and I'll start the whole thing over again if it's worth doing. And that's okay too.

Basically - don't let people tell you what's an acceptable way to consume your media. Do what works best for you, both with gaming and other things like TV shows/books/whatever.

Gaming to me is like takeaway pizza. You order a good one you can woof it all down in one good. Maybe even want to share it with friends or family. The ones you really enjoy could also involve some smaller side dishes or deserts as well. Sometimes you might not feel like gorging yourself to indegestionville so you stick the rest in the fridge to eat for breakfast the next day. The horrible ones you have a taste then feed it to you dog or happily give it away and chalk it up as money wasted. Also sweetcorn ruins everything, games and pizza.

I may or may not be a genius with that analogy.
I'm really forgetful. So if I leave a game for 2-4 weeks and come back to it, I will have forgotten most of the plot and I start over. Which is basically a bad cycle and probably the reason why I never complete my games, because I always starter over.

Xanathus

Kinda disappointed sales ended early, I was on the fence on picking up Ass Creed Unity but I guess I can wait till the Winter Sale.

Finished the Sale.
My haul:

Evoland
Notch - The Innocent LunA: Eclipsed SinnerS
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Princess Evangile
fault milestone two side:above
Ame no Marginal -Rain Marginal-
Love at First Sight
Tobari and the Night of the Curious Moon
Sound of Drop - fall into poison
Machina of the Planet Tree -Planet Ruler-
Just Cause 3
Lucasarts Adventure Bundle
Ori and the Blind Forest
The Beginner's Guide
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~
CLANNAD HD Edition
The Fruit of Grisaia
SAMURAI WARRIORS 4-II
Girlish Grimoire Littlewitch Romanesque: Editio Regia
3D Realms Anthology - Steam Edition
Idol Magical Girl Chiru Chiru Michiru Part 1
Idol Magical Girl Chiru Chiru Michiru Part 2
Raiden 3
Legend of Grimrock 2
Sunrider Academy
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.02
Umihara Kawase Trilogy
D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die -Season One-
Cursed Sight
Alphadia Genesis
Tiamat X
Titan Souls
The Reject Demon: Toko Chapter 0 — Prelude
Always The Same Blue Sky..
Rocket League
AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed
Elite: Dangerous
Toukiden: Kiwami (EN)
Endless Legend
Life is Strange

Messiah

Great work as always with the OT jshackles! Let's make your last thread (for now) a great one.

Bummed out that I probably can't run Just Cause 3 on my PC. Looks really fun.

Tizoc

OH FUCK
Forgot to get Lost Planet 2 @_@ (It's not sold in my region but I can get it from other regions or Amazon if gifted)
Hope it goes on sale for the Winter Seal though.

neoemonk

Looking forward to the winter sale as I didn't buy anything from the Autumn sale on account of overseas travel. The recent glut of JRPGs on Steam is great, and I have several on my wishlist that I'll be looking out for on sale.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Adventures of Pip -- MB-701555E520DB0696 - Taken by maty. 32 entrants total.
Grandia II -- MB-25D761C265FDC36F - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 84 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-02950093867DBC19 - Taken by gurm3n. 18 entrants total.
Kero Blast -- MB-4A753763BBA2CED4 - Taken by Nzyme32. 46 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Quest Heroes -- MB-C39883C1DC70E83F - Taken by Messiah. 129 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-1EE300FF7E883AB6 - Taken by AsylumX. 45 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-C072A0E740E41EFD - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 4 entrants total.
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-CE724EFB3A0854F1 - Taken by pantsattack. 25 entrants total.

t1448997684z1.png

neoemonk

I'll make this more difficult for you - Dragon Quest Heroes >>> Hyrule Warriors.

Also, they're vastly different games - while Hyrule Warriors is more Musou (individual missions that barely coalesce into a story) Dragon Quest Heroes is more of an Action RPG where your characters level up and you gain new weapons and armor and "orbs", a 30 hour storyline that's well voiced, and pretty superior to Hyrule Warriors in almost every way.

I hadn't played a Dynasty Warriors game since the PS2 era and was never crazy about them, but I thought Hyrule Warriors was lots of fun. If DQH is even better I'll have to get around to picking it up as a long time Dragon Quest fan.

Uzzy

New EU4 DLC finally comes out today. Looks pretty damn good from the stuff I've seen.

Guess that'll be another hundred hours gone on EU4.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Adventures of Pip -- MB-701555E520DB0696 - Taken by maty. 32 entrants total.
Grandia II -- MB-25D761C265FDC36F - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 84 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-02950093867DBC19 - Taken by gurm3n. 18 entrants total.
Kero Blast -- MB-4A753763BBA2CED4 - Taken by Nzyme32. 46 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Quest Heroes -- MB-C39883C1DC70E83F - Taken by Messiah. 129 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-1EE300FF7E883AB6 - Taken by AsylumX. 45 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-C072A0E740E41EFD - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 4 entrants total.
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-CE724EFB3A0854F1 - Taken by pantsattack. 25 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Adventures of Pip was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Grandia II was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Binary Domain was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Kero Blast was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dragon Quest Heroes was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ikaruga was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Freedom Planet was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1448998284z1.png

Hektor

lol-banner2us9a.png

In this game you play as some dudes AND GALS in a RTS fashion and fight other players and towers. Along with some smaller units. I think there might be more to it but it's pretty complicated. There's also a character called poppy, that most call poopy. So this game might be for you! A+++ Highly Recommended, would talk about again.

zky, you logged into the wrong account.

TMNT by Platinu. Dayum.

YES. I didn't even finished transmorphertrons yet tho.

Finished the Sale.
My haul:

My haul:
Snakebird
Sonic Adventure

Welp, that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom