• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHK3

Banned
Playing rocket league for the first time, the game seems to stutter a lot, anyone know a cause for this? High or low settings don't do anything, framerate never drops either. AMD 7870, i5.

I bought Rainbow Six.
AU7Amsc.gif

Spaghetti

i've been tracking MGSV on steamspy since release, and since like maybe mid-october, it has been unable to break out of the mid-700,000s in terms of units sold. it sways maybe 20k either way.

to my surprise, even with the autumn sale, the game has gone as high as 780,000, but busted back down to the 750,000s not long after. i don't think i've ever seen a case of a game going as stagnant during sales as this.

Sarcasm

First thing I noticed before the girl was the spider, well to me it was a spider.

I am on mobile so I had to click to load, saw the pink before the girl.

Soulflarz

Banned
Playing rocket league for the first time, the game seems to stutter a lot, anyone know a cause for this? High or low settings don't do anything, framerate never drops either. AMD 7870, i5.

just you

GUYS
IM NOT BUYING R6S
IM NOT
*takes out credit card sobbing*

wait

Xenoblade hits my card in a day or two, errr
thats $80 already :/

fuck u you just ruined that picture for me

I'm sorry. If it's any consolation I can't unsee it either.
i've been tracking MGSV on steamspy since release, and since like maybe mid-october, it has been unable to break out of the mid-700,000s in terms of units sold. it sways maybe 20k either way.

to my surprise, even with the autumn sale, the game has gone as high as 780,000, but busted back down to the 750,000s not long after. i don't think i've ever seen a case of a game going as stagnant during sales as this.
They'd barely be out of the tutorial and into proper gameplay within the two hour return window. Wouldn't blame them for regretting the purchase at that point--the game does itself no favours initially.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I feel like I didn't spend much during this sale. Experiment failed, Valve!
I barely spent $20, worst sale ever.
On the other hand, I ended up buying a Wii U...

God damn it, is SGSSAA really so expensive?

I can do Tales of Zestira in 4kp60 with everything set to high, including enhanced shadows. GPU utilization hovers around 60-80%, but it generally doesn't drop frames.

But I can't do 1080p60 with SGSSAA x4 enabled. There's one scene (entrance to Wind Temple) which tanks my framerate hard, and I've been having some random slowdowns during the fights.

Thing is, 1080pSGSSAA looks way better than 4kpFXAA
Way less temporal aliasing in some scenes, way less jaggies.
I thought 4k was an automatic way to have best image quality... What gives?
Super Sampling is always expensive :(

OH FUCK
Forgot to get Lost Planet 2 @_@ (It's not sold in my region but I can get it from other regions or Amazon if gifted)
Hope it goes on sale for the Winter Seal though.
It's not on amazon, and its keys anywhere else are GFWL, not Steam IIRC.
But otherwise on the same boat as you :p

dex3108

Why are people excited for ne TMNT game from Platinum? It is Activision funded game and that means low budget release that Platinum took to keep studio alive. Like they did with all Activision published games. It would probably be good game but smaller scale and scope.

Hektor

Why are people excited for ne TMNT game from Platinum? It is Activision funded game and that means low budget release that Platinum took to keep studio alive. Like they did with all Activision published games. It would probably be good game but smaller scale and scope.

I didn't played it yet,but Transmorphatrons is supposedly very, very good. And korra was more than fine as well for its pricetag.
There is no reason not to be excited.

The trophy rarity thing was a really cool innovation on Sony's part. Seeing the completion percentages is always so interesting
r u ppl dumb how cant u tell ahri fluffiness from a spider pls
It ruined the picture for you. You know why.

Because Legend of Korra set a high bar for their work.

Too many bad impressions post release, I guess.
Cheaters in FOB, 'unfinished' state of the game, repetitive chapter 2, FOB insurance, etc. Words like that got spread easily on the Internet. Well, I don't even have the urge to actually finish the game after hearing that chapter 2 and ending impressions. Watched the ending on youtube instead.

Because nostalgia.
But yeah, I don't really expect anything huge from them for 2016, as they're already focusing on Nier 2 & Scalebound. It'll be just another low-mid budget and short game like Korra and Transformers.

zkylon

zkylewd
some ppl just want to see the world burn

cant stand the beauty of this precious planet of ours

i feel sorry for them

Ozium

good

it doesn't even deserve 750k

Ludens

Banned
Steam community hub for MGSV is hilarious: cheaters with 16 nukes and 2000 S++ soldiers crying because they get invaded.

Anyway on PC we won't unlock the secret ending, like never: yesterday I stole 4 nukes from a dude owning 12 of them, I hour after he had again 12 nukes.

Flandy

We already have a significant signal to noise problem in the thread, a little off topic is fine, but going completely off topic while not adding to the discussion exacerbates the issue.

Pretend I posted a screenshot of steam achievements for the game then :p

Ozium

I hate dogs and I especially hate pugs so here is a hate raffle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ozium:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turbo Pug -- MB-35D2AAADB06DDD2C - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.

t1448957846z1.png

Tizoc

Didn't stop me from enjoying TF Devastation. Or for various GAFfers to put 30+ hours into that game.
I like short games and really the classic Konami beat'em-ups were short anyways.
Even if the budget is low, gameplay is king and Platinum are sure to deliver.

Because nostalgia.
But yeah, I don't really expect anything huge from them for 2016, as they're already focusing on Nier 2 & Scalebound. It'll be just another low-mid budget and short game like Korra and Transformers.

I'd rather that then have to go through 50 hours of FO4 jankiness :V

Your view is irrelevant :V; it will break 1 mil in due time, an impossible figure for Devil's Turd on Wii U.

Ozium

Your view is irrelevant :V; it will break 1 mil in due time, an impossible figure for Devil's Turd on Wii U.

and millions of morons buy justin bieber albums

what is your point?

also the fact that you choose to belittle another video game to make yourself feel better is pathetic

Ozium

i hope indivisible doesn't make it because I didn't win that obviously rigged contest that was posted weeks ago and because I am a bitter husk of loathing and because people like to shit on devil's third so I will slaughter your sacred cows as you do mine

+ salt

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i hope indivisible doesn't make it because I didn't win that obviously rigged contest that was posted weeks ago and because I am a bitter husk of loathing and because people like to shit on devil's third so I will slaughter your sacred cows as you do mine

+ salt

Xenoblade Chronicles X is just 84 on Metacritic. TRASH

+ salt

yes hello buy the rainbow six

Tizoc

FO4 is so much fun though. :p
Now that you remind me, I have to play Korra soon. It's been sitting on my backlog since the summer sale.

Either GAF is messing up or someone's joking around lol.
Honestly FO4 has a One Punch Man mod that's another reason for me to get it
When it is $5 :3

Til then I'll get around to playing and finishing Fallout NV.

Ozium

I advise anyone playing Korra to do a lot of drugs or drink a lot while playing in hopes that you forget about it and keep your love of platinum intact

Either GAF is messing up or someone's joking around lol.
Honestly FO4 has a One Punch Man mod that's another reason for me to get it
When it is $5 :3

Til then I'll get around to playing and finishing Fallout NV.

The modding scene will be CRAZY. The official modding tool isn't out yet, but there are amazing mods out there already. Dozens of mods published each day.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Why wRPGs are so overly complicated?

And this is the reason why we got DA: Inquisition and Fallout 4. People just don't bother to read and learn mechanics of wrpgs.

Ozium

Oh come on it's not that bad.

it's pretty bad.. but I never watched the cartoon so I didn't have fan goggles on while playing. It got a little bit better once you have access to all your powers but the game pretty much ends right after that... really dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom