• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
So, did someone here play Ryse?
Because I just completed it and I had very crappy performances.
First two campaigns were PERFECT (in fact Tizoc asked me if I had problems with the game, I replied him no, because the game was running perfectly for me).
Today I booted the game again, and I had:
-stuttering all over the place, expecially when you reach savepoints (so very often=
-sometimes I had a Benny Hill effect, with other soldiers running superfast.

In the final two levels performances were ok again (only some stuttering when reaching SOME, not all, checkpoints).

I have a 970, so that shouldn't be the problem (even because, as I wrote, first two levels were ok).

Has anybody played Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway recently?

Does it still hold up today?

I played and loved the original (despite its flaws) and I'm in the mood for more WW2 stuff.

Ban Puncher

To be fair, so was Valve.

5DsOPcl.gif

I would say Castle Crashers, it's a beat 'em up from the developers of Battleblock Theater.
You could try Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, too. Technically is a one player game, but you can make your way around and configure each controller to each brother. I did it with my girlfriend and she loved this game. Being siblings will contribute to the emotional charge this game already has.
And if she likes them, you could play some fighting games.

Also, I join to this question, because I want games to play with my girlfriend, who isn't into FPS or horror games either, and I can't find a lot of good coop games to play with her.

Ah.. Thanks.. I'll check that out. Didn't know it's made by the same developer.
Consider checking out Cook, Serve, Delicious. It's currently $2 USD, it's awesome, and it's made by local Gaf celebrity chubigans.
There's also Tabletop Simulator - check out the Steam Workshop for it to see what the community has made available before you decide whether to buy it. Some content that violates copyright is occasionally removed but there's plenty of fun games on offer.

80 Days does have some bit to it, in order to try to start a mutiny on the ship I had the option to the exploit the religious animosities between the Christians and Sikhs on board. Doubt it will go well!

Edit: Oh jeez, I just caused a massacre to occur.

Endruen

Consider checking out Cook, Serve, Delicious. It's currently $2 USD, it's awesome, and it's made by local Gaf celebrity chubigans.
There's also Tabletop Simulator - check out the Steam Workshop for it to see what the community has made available before you decide whether to buy it. Some content that violates copyright is occasionally removed but there's plenty of fun games on offer.

Thank you, but I don't think that will work.
I've seen Cook, Serve, Delicious on Steam Train (Game Grumps) and I'm 100% sure my girlfriend will be bored playing it.
And we have played Table Top Simulator, made our own WIXOSS deck, but we think it's clunky, so we prefer to just print the cards or play the game IRL.

Some adventure game will be better.

dex3108

Speaking of JC3, are the leaderboard servers back up? Chaos Millionaire is the one achievement I'm lacking and it's entirely because the score can't be uploaded to the leaderboards.

Did you forgot? You are cursed so every Avalanche game for you ends at 99% :D

First Haul:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Dishonored
Hitman Absolution: Elite Edition
Transistor
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Life is Strange Season Pass (Episodes 2-5)
Door Kickers

I seem to like stealth games

& posting at the bottom of a page
200_s.gif

best racing game or games on steam, well that is tough imo it's missing a lot it seems

I like these overall

Sega All Star Racing
Flat Out series
mightnight club 2

Also check for

Syndicate racer
Driver
ford racing 3
split second
ridge racer unbound

There is a pretty new rc game on steam (I think 2015) that looks quite good

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35320/?snr=1_7_15__13

insane 2 looks like motorstorm (I haven't played it yet) but it looks like it could be superb and I am surprised more people haven't talked about it.

Seems like the racers I like most aren't on steam and it's a little strange that there arent more quality racers there.

mikemandey

Ah.. Thanks.. My sister loves to cook. So probably this will interest her.

What price error?

Watch underscore dogs is on sale for a lot more than it should be. The only storefront that seems to know its true value is the Australian one, where the complete version can be found for about five and a half american (that is, from the US of A, not Canadian or anything else) dollars.

The_Monk

I'm having such a fun time with The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (the first one). Really happy with it I'll be sure to leave my impressions when I finish it but it's going to take a while since I'm not rushing it.

Shackles was right about this game, glad I listened to him when he mentioned this game some time ago. :)

Also, hope you all have a wonderful entry to 2016! 2015 was a though year for me (hence my absence) but things are slowly improving so I hope I can become more active in the future and I would like to thank to all the good GAFfers who kept the community nice and friendly to everyone and specially the newcomers!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-B7BCA8E7C8359872 - Taken by Blizniak. 2 entrants total.

t1451574032z1.png

Tizoc

Getting rid of some extras, first come first serve
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Life is Hard -- MB-B7BCB5248F91CDC4 - Taken by dave is ok
Plug & Play -- MB-5EA3A8D2F71C2AC5 - Taken by cyba89
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 4 -- MB-8137AF78CA00D286 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Alien Breed Impact -- MB-F5182459727DEEFA - Taken by PenDynasty

Let me know if any of the keys don't work for you.

First Haul:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Dishonored
Hitman Absolution: Elite Edition
Transistor
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Life is Strange Season Pass (Episodes 2-5)
Door Kickers

I seem to like stealth games

& posting at the bottom of a page

If you like stealth grab Styx as well.

chixdiggit

How does Dungeon Souls compare to Nuclear Throne?

I was going to buy the latter, but I can't justify buying a game with no discount during a sale.

Both games are great but actually prefer Dungeon Souls. Dungeon Souls has a lot more RPG elements going on with skill points and items. Nuclear Throne is a more basic game (not a bad thing) that is more arcade dodge the bullets type of game.

The regular version of Deus Ex:HR is still better IMO, less buggy and no DLC screwing up the pacing, developer commentary is nice tho.

i don't disagree. but since the regular version isn't available any more (unless you find a physical copy with an unused code), he has to do with the director's cut.

Thank you, but I don't think that will work.
I've seen Cook, Serve, Delicious on Steam Train (Game Grumps) and I'm 100% sure my girlfriend will be bored playing it.
And we have played Table Top Simulator, made our own WIXOSS deck, but we think it's clunky, so we prefer to just print the cards or play the game IRL.

Some adventure game will be better.
Depending on what you what your definition of "adventure" is (it's thrown around to describe a heck of a lot of things now days) some of these could be of interest:
- The Rayman games (Origins and Legends)
- Spelunky
- The Trine series
Hopefully more co-op games targeting a broader audience start coming through during this new year. More co-op games is always a good thing. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom