• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
Since I've the space to use, I thought this might be fun:

If anybody thinks they can attempt to get away with submitting a support ticket with Valve claim ownership, I can only say that I've been using the same PayPal account and the same debit card for the past several years, and have many physical copies of games to submit as evidence...

...so, basically, don't be stupid. You won't get far. Be smart, though, and, well, you'll more or less never have to pay for another Steam game again.

Good luck.

Holy crap. If I win I'll put on a Saoirse avatar forever.

If anybody thinks they can attempt to get away with submitting a support ticket with Valve to claim ownership, I can only say that I've been using the same PayPal account and the same debit card for the past several years, and have many physical copies of games to submit as evidence...

...so, basically, don't be stupid. You won't get far. Be smart, though, and, well, you'll more or less never have to pay for another Steam game again.

Good luck.

There aren't enough gifs in the world.

Hugstable

Banned

If anybody thinks they can attempt to get away with submitting a support ticket with Valve claim ownership, I can only say that I've been using the same PayPal account and the same debit card for the past several years, and have many physical copies of games to submit as evidence...

Good luck.

Hahaha that's so cool! Not entering (can't enter) but good luck to whoever wins cause thats pretty great idea and just gave me a good laugh. It's a giveaway for access to over 3000 steam games!!!

Good luck to all those entering!

If anybody thinks they can attempt to get away with submitting a support ticket with Valve to claim ownership, I can only say that I've been using the same PayPal account and the same debit card for the past several years, and have many physical copies of games to submit as evidence...

Good luck.

Holy fuck.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so...you dont play your own games, but youre excited about not playing another person's games? sounds legit :p

Nete

Good luck.

emrknjp.gif

Insane.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Blimey I'm surprised you've keeper with that for so long. Saying that I haven't come across a smaller title or middleware engine game that has really stressed any CPU I've thrown them at. As alway things get more and more GPU dependant as time goes on. Though judging by your tastes something like a GTX 750 Ti could be a big step up and last you a long time. Not that I'm saying you should upgrade now or anything :p

I considered upgrading this year but had some unexpected expenses and so didn't. Maybe next year. One of the real problems is that I need a new motherboard (because of the socket change), RAM (because my existing mobo is DDR2), video card (because tons of stuff is now GPU-limited, especially since I have barely any VRAM), and processor (because stuff was CPU-limited even in 2008)... and by the time I've done that much I might as well replaced my case now that newer cases have better drive accessibility. So basically my only upgrade route is a full new computer except for storage. Which incidentally is also an issue because all 6 SATA ports on my computer are filled with hard drives that are 90%+ full, so at some point I also need to start swapping out existing drives for bigger ones, getting a mobo with 8 SATA ports, or getting an external storage unit.

*cries*

iosefe

Good luck.

this is madness. good luck to all of you entering, and of course. don't abuse it

Speevy

Banned
Oh come on, mega givers only? I've given 25 games, just not through modbot.

I don't know if Shadownet is even eligible for this one.

pahamrick

Good luck.

Don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning, but have to enter. Thanks for the chance!

OvCaPm7.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh bummer, it broke? :-(

The display was looking weird as hell. Black colors had parts looking red and it was looking worse. It did work via HDMI but I dont have a HDMI TV on my room so I rather fix that while I have my warranty. I sent it to the RMA department and it might take 10-25 days for them to send it back. I hope it comes back soon cause I dont like playing on my mother's pc and bro's laptop

Good luck.
That's over 3000 games. You are either very generous, very trusting of others or simply batshit crazy.
It is really refreshing to see that people exist here I'd imagine only populating distant utopias. I enjoy your company here on gaf dearly JC, even though you mostly talk sparsely and calculating.
May you not be disappointed in the winner!

~Kinggi~

Banned
That's over 3000 games. You are either very generous, very trusting of others or simply batshit crazy.
It is really refreshing to see that people exist here I'd imagine only populating distant utopias. I enjoy your company here on gaf dearly JC, even though you mostly talk sparsely and calculating.
May you not be disappointed in the winner!

The Mega-Giver criteria helps alleviate trust issues.

Kiru

Good luck.
LMAO. This is too good.

Playing Broforce is so satisfying btw. So much awesomeness!

BruteUA

Which one of you clowns is going to be the first to drop a 25 game bundle key giveaway? Come on, make it really obvious for our amusement.

Copons

WHAT
THE

I didn't know that scene was with What Is Love!!
I always saw the gif only!

OMFG

Time to burn a 90s-greatest-hits cd to bring in the car this summer!

also i'm italian so my cd will basically be a gigi d'agostino mixtape to remind me of when i was a cool teenager playing with a dreamcast and making out in teen clubs

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That seems awfully risky Jase. Hope it doesn't bite you in the bum.

Also, awesome giveaway.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Even if it isn't against the Family Sharing TOS, it's certainly not what Valve had in mind for the service. And I'm sure more than a few Valve employees browse GAF. All it takes is for the wrong one to see the giveaway for the whole thing to get shut down, or worse.

(Sorry to be a downer here. I really do think Jase's giveaway is amazing.)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
J0rdan, I saw you just created a ModBot giveaway that isn't working because of the unicode symbol in your username. Sorry for the trouble. If you want to do the giveaway you can do it manually or do it anonymously and just reply to take credit after.

Good luck.
FBT.gif

Even though i fill the criteria to enter, i don't feel like i even deserve entering. Really conflicted about it.
Well, mighty generous of you JaseC, although risky. Good luck to whoever wins this.

Haha, I just thought wouldn't it be much more fun, if JC made a rule that only people who'll give 25 recent games in the next 24 hours were eligible for the contest.
Would be like Rat Race Gaf version.

Nzyme32

deg7maw.png

My Steam account is 3 years old! :D

My Steamiversary is on the same day as when HL2 came out. So it will be my 10th year on the decade anniversary of HL2 - November 16th

Hope valve can do something special for me.. er.. it, along with the enhanced Steam balloons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom