• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Even if it isn't against the Family Sharing TOS, it's certainly not what Valve had in mind for the service. And I'm sure more than a few Valve employees browse GAF. All it takes is for the wrong one to see the giveaway for the whole thing to get shut down, or worse.

(Sorry to be a downer here. I really do think Jase's giveaway is amazing.)

Why would they care who you deem worthy to be your share-mate?

He is not selling access, he just wants to share, isn't that the point of family sharing?

BruteUA

Please note that Jase does indeed already have Rage, so if you win there's no need for you to trade his entire library for it.

Mr. C, if this whole thing ends up going sour, you're welcome to family share my games on your new account. It's not much in comparison, and it's only awesome(ly bad) games, but the offer is there. Unless you got in trouble for cross-region sharing or something, then nevermind.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
so, this just happened ... goddammit, Shadownet!!! ;) thanks, dude!! :)

2014-07-05_211927.jpg

Ozium

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Even if it isn't against the Family Sharing TOS, it's certainly not what Valve had in mind for the service. And I'm sure more than a few Valve employees browse GAF. All it takes is for the wrong one to see the giveaway for the whole thing to get shut down, or worse.

Is this serious? I doubt Valve gives a shit, if anything JaseC is one of their best customers.

Wow JaseC, that's crazy generous. Good luck to everyone eligible.

I started playing banner saga today and am loving it so far. Combat us fun, story us interesting and man they throw some tough choices at you. I like that there usually isn't a a clear good/bad choice and I'm actually having a hard time deciding what to do.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That is a truly amazing giveaway JaseC. To think how many games that could then be played... to think of how much money that would be saved and could be used for other giveaways by the winner.

deg7maw.png

My Steam account is 3 years old! :D

Happy Steam Birthday. Make sure to celebrate it by playing your favourite game on it and then one game you haven't played yet.

liezryou

Since I've the space to use, I thought this might be fun:

If anybody thinks they can attempt to get away with submitting a support ticket with Valve to claim ownership, I can only say that I've been using the same PayPal account and the same debit card for the past several years, and have many physical copies of games to submit as evidence...

...so, basically, don't be stupid. You won't get far. Be smart, though, and, well, you'll more or less never have to pay for another Steam game again.

Good luck.

Entered to steal account.

Parsnip

Wow at that giveaway JaseC.

And good luck everyone.
I have no idea if I'm eligible or not (if the mega giver cap is 3 months, then probably not), but I entered anyway.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
HAHAHAHA, this is bonkers Jase

i'm entering, don't think I'm near 25 games, but on a night like this surely even modbot must be sipping champagne?

Sendou

I don't think it's such a big deal. It's just 1 person out of how many active users Steam has? Also JaseC equals to like 100 regular active Steam accounts.

Jørdan

Not related to the mother of all giveaways (I'm waaay behind), just bad timing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- Don't be a dick.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-610D6E4707D18D84 - Taken by Halo 2. 1 entrants total.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Why would they care who you deem worthy to be your share-mate?

He is not selling access, he just wants to share, isn't that the point of family sharing?

Is this serious? I doubt Valve gives a shit, if anything JaseC is one of their best customers.

I don't think Valve specifically cares, no. Or at least they wouldn't, if not for the crazy size of Jase's account. That's a LOT of games the winner would have access to. And I'm not the only one in the thread to say that it's at least a bit risky. I don't know, I guess I'm just putting myself in Jase's shoes here, and in his position I probably wouldn't do such a giveaway, just out of worry for what might happen. But then I worry way too much. Again, I'm not saying the giveaway is a bad thing. Far from it!

iosefe

(Not really, since there was a lot of sudden bundle dumping going on to qualify since it was introduced)

it's definitely an exercise in trust.
I don't think Valve specifically cares, no. Or at least they wouldn't, if not for the crazy size of Jase's account. That's a LOT of games the winner would have access to. And I'm not the only one in the thread to say that it's at least a bit risky. I don't know, I guess I'm just putting myself in Jase's shoes here, and in his position I probably wouldn't do such a giveaway, just out of worry for what might happen. But then I worry way too much. Again, I'm not saying the giveaway is a bad thing. Far from it!
they gave us this feature to use, i'm sure they expected something like this. I might see issue arising from cross region sharing.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Megaton.
Why give away one game when you can give all the games?

There should be a new Modbot Rule exclusively for JaseC, Supreme Giver or something like that.

And now for something completely different; Shovel Knight looks awesome. Any SteamGaffers with impressions?

How do you check games given away again? And it should be made give away 5 hot games or something of that nature because bundle trash is kind of cheating
and I don't care

Terra_Ex

I'll wait on JaseC's follow up giveaway, when he completely snaps and offers up his entire account without restrictions... Can't be far off now, it's the only way he'll top this.

Arthea

I wouldn't do anything of sort what Jasec just did in my life, for any reasons.
I'm not entering myself either, and I hope that whoever wins is worth of this kind of trust.

Mokoi

Banned
so since i started using shadowplay i tried to make some webms, still need to figure out how to make the quality not shit though (these have sound if you're at work (stop browsing neogaf))

How are you going about making those if you don't mind me asking. I followed this guide yet still doesn't work for me. Also the second one is great.

Shadownet

Banned
Oh come on, mega givers only? I've given 25 games, just not through modbot.

I don't know if Shadownet is even eligible for this one.

You have given away the following games:
Blackwell Bundle to kcp12304
Syberia Bundle to Zero-Crescent
Blackwell Bundle to sabanoo
Syberia Bundle to Parsnip
Hydrophobia Prophecy to Sarcasm
Zeno Clash 2 to poopninjamvc3mk
Gunmetal to t0rment
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition to DaBargainHunta
Ampu-Tea to kudoboi
Hard Reset Extended Edition to NEO0MJ
The First Templar to ImSooFlye
Tropico Trilogy to MMBosstones86
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition to didamangi
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain to Skyzard
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi to bronson
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising to KPJZKC
Nosferatu to 898
Desert Thunder to Madridista
UFO: Aftermath to Tetrasides
Wizardry 8 to Rudakus
Harvester to corrosivefrost
Wizardry 8 #2 to Ogedai_Khan
Harvester Steam Key to Cyberquake
Wizardry 6 & 7 #2 to slayzz
System Shock 2 to adburns
Ascension to the Throne to PandaPandaPanda
Realms of the Haunting #2 to Black Soma
Chompy Chomp Chomp #2 to smashdude50
Guacamelee to NightmareTrigger
The Banner Saga to yGray
The Banner Saga to Mono
Broforce #2 to Knurek
Broforce #1 to Miker
140 to InvisibleStride
Cinders to BernardoOne
KAMI to Helmholtz
Secrets of Rtikon to MarcoZombieCannon
Antichamber to pupo
Alan Wake American's Nightmare to Fracas
Alan Wake to Gez

I'm not sure.. but am I eligible?

so, this just happened ... goddammit, Shadownet!!! ;) thanks, dude!! :)

2014-07-05_211927.jpg

You're welcome :D and thank you for Shank 2!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Trash day!

You mean internet high five day!

not serious btw

Modbot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

High Five - MB-A43DBA50E95E0FC5 - Taken by Enco. 117 entrants total.
High Five 2 - MB-AKDJF9290E90D
High Five 3 - MB-AJFDSJLFSDJOE
High Five 4 - MB-8938ASDJDJOIDD
High Five 5 - MB-KDUEDUJDEEJAA
High Five 6 - MB-LMBKJFJUEOIAOI
High Five 7 - MB-UJ3OIDWWIDMMA
High Five 8 - MB-D3OJDMCJOQ9384
High Five 9 - MB-UJ23DOS38DJAMX8
High Five 10- MB-893D2UJMD39023A
High Five 11 - MB-AKDJF9290E90D
High Five 12 - MB-LMBKJFJUEOIAOI
High Five 13 - MB-UJ23DOS38DJAMX8