• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
Paypal just sent me an email to let me know that the Steam Fall Sale will start November 28th. I thought Valve liked to keep these things a secret!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was the first skill I unlocked. Still silly that I gotta unlock it as a skill :V

Ah, I thought it was deeper in the tree. And welcome to modern game design. ;)

Paypal just sent me an email to let me know that the Steam Fall Sale will start November 28th. I thought Valve liked to keep these things a secret!

Friday? I think PayPal is a bit off there.

I hope there are not dumb things like "make 2138719023 steps around this tree and a monster will appear" like in FFXII.

No, nothing like that, it's all pretty straight forward.
When I talk about this game I always remember a dude that posts here on gaf (he's a constant presence in FF threads and defends this game with his life lol). He actually said that the XIII trilogy was the best thing to happen last gen. Opinions, I know, but damn, that one really stayed with me lol.

kudoboi

You can play more than 2 matched per day.

Unless you mean missions? Or are you unranked?

well... i just discovered that there are matches outside of the server browser xD. I used to just join community servers in the past but now im playing competitive matches. and every day they limit me to 2 matches a day. after that it gives me a 20ish hr cooldown to determine my skill group or something like that.

AND ITS ANNOYING MEEEEEE

Deques

This is what I'm thinking.. it's very tempting but you know it will be the same price or less come winter.

Wow, it looks like it now contains retro versions of Shadowgate and Deja Vu for a limited time. Maybe it's time to buy it now, or is it a trick to make us buy the game?

Friday? I think PayPal is a bit off there.

Here's the email. They're saying the 26th.
3nCiWgC.jpg

Omega

Banned
What happened?
A couple of pro players caught cheating, rumors of some other players cheating as well.

Apparently, there was some undetectable hack via steam workshop that some pro players have been using to hack in game and possibly even in tournaments. Valve have some how clocked on to it and just a week before the dreamhack winter tournament have banned the first guy for it, which got everyone in shock. That persons team "titan" have then announce the suspension till they investigate but have no confirmed that the entire team is now disqualified due to that one guy.

Meanwhile, when this was happening, the guy previously in titan and now with epsilon was streaming when he found out http://www.twitch.tv/scream/b/590859539?t=127m30s

Unbeknownst to that guy though, another guy SF from his own team, was using the same cheat and has now been vac banned as well, resulting in the entire team also being disqualified.

I've heard valve have even flown other teams together to do a quick qualifier to get new teams in place.

From what I understand this could have pretty massive repercussions for cs, the teams, sponsors etc. A similar thing happened back in the starcraft days and did not go well at all

oh, here is a better summary http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...me_visitors_from_rall_heres_what_you_need_to/

Arthea

guys, Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey is adorable, I certainly wouldn't call it a game for everyone, but if you like word games and RPGs (as simple as it is in this case, you still level, upgrade and do quests), you totally should get this game. Lack of enemy variety is somewhat worrisome, though, I hope there are more types later on.

Lomax

Played an hour of the Shannon Tweed Plants vs Zombies clone. No regrets.
Though I'm disappointed the background music isn't actually KISS, PvZ has better music than this does.

JaseC

dont hate on me if this is old news

http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/22/steams-fall-sale-starts-on-november-26/

The fall sale for Steam will start on November 26, which is the day before the Thanksgiving holiday in the US.
Here's the email. They're saying the 26th.

Yeah, the 26th would align with previous years, as madjoki pointed out to me yesterday because I'm dumb and didn't account for the time difference incorporated into Steam's news feed.

Yo Milamber, look up that ME!ME!ME! anime short, it is right up your ally.
Alright, besides having very obvious explicit sexual as well as violent graphical depiction, I found the whole short to be beautifully animated together in concert to different tunes. Stunning.
But behind that is a somewhat heart wrenching tale of broken lovers.
The nicely done loop even threw me away the first time :p

Totally recommend.

MQX

Mini impressions from Magical Battle Festa:
  • Story setting is extra dumb.
  • Graphics are pretty basic yet nice enough.
  • OP song is good.
  • Fighting is fun.

So.... Is the gam(e) gu(oo)d? ;)

I'm calling Nabs and any other fighting game fan out

I just found out about Pocket Rumble and this my friends is the next Lethal League. This has to see release. It has neo geo pocket style and ggpo online. Not only that it has some fucking awesome training modes like Skullgirls to help people that are new to fighting games.

Do the right thing and vote for this on greenlight.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167646774&searchtext=pocket+rumble
Voted :p.

Late to the party, but I finally got Bayonetta 1 and 2 for my birthday.

(Also got Legend of Korra blu-ray's since I really enjoyed the game and want to watch it again)

so there is a demo of that cat girls anime game?? http://store.steampowered.com/app/334660/

i guess i will try it out :v
Happy
belated?
Birthday! :D

Everlasting Summer
Final edition

6PjpjYD.jpg

Don't judge me ;_;

Story:
Overall good (Miku path is the exception)
Central theme reminds me of Ever17

Graphics
There a strong fluctuation in the graphics. I think there were different artists involved and their level of skill varied. Some of the CGs look wonderful while some other look pretty bad. Still a pretty big game when you consider that there are 140 CG & 115 BG.

Audio
The music is very good. That's pretty surprising given that usually free games cut cost/effort on the audio.
While the songs are good (there are 66 of them !) I think the ambience noise is also very good (though I think most of it is from freesounds.com).

Anyone who plays VN should play this one.
Quality-wise, it's better than most of the 10$ ones on Steam.

I heavily suggest this guide if you can't find the special paths (main reason why my game time is ludicrous):
http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344263349

Thanks for sharing the guide :). When this game was first mentioned(a week ago), I saw in the community group that they had a guide. But it was like this:

Luckily someone made a English guide :X(thank you very much Noizy ;P).

Edit: New thread incoming?

Shadownet

Banned
well... i just discovered that there are matches outside of the server browser xD. I used to just join community servers in the past but now im playing competitive matches. and every day they limit me to 2 matches a day. after that it gives me a 20ish hr cooldown to determine my skill group or something like that.

AND ITS ANNOYING MEEEEEE
Yeah its part of the new update that came out yesterday or the day before. Its to prevent boosting. Like asking your global elite buddy to play 10 games with you and get a higher rank.

GaussTek

Yay, FFXIII card Booster pack. Now to open it or sell it like it... (seems that right now the pack price is higher than the average price of all three separate cards).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-0420898AAAE22036 - Taken by -Cade

JaseC

Yay, FFXIII card Booster pack. Now to open it or sell it like it... (seems that right now the pack price is higher than the average price of all three separate cards).

Boosters are generally more expensive since there's a chance for a foil. I try my luck and open them unless a few or more have sold in the past 24 hours (I've only ever received a foil from a booster just the once).

GaussTek

Hehe, alright guys thanks. I'll try my luck and will just open it :D

Edit. No foil, but as PunishedSnake said, prices are high, so it's still good anyway :)

Finally got my average game completion rate up to 50%! Probably won't last long, though.

In other news, Always Sometimes Monsters so far is...interesting. It's an RPGMaker Life Sim/choose your own adventure type deal. Unlike To the Moon, though, this one actually feels like a game. In some cases there's a sense of choice and consequence, several opportunities for good honest work, plenty of opportunities to do bad things, and in some cases you get to choose between two bad things. So far I've been trying a neutral ground: some good, some evil. I'm in the last town and heading for endgame. I don't like where the story is going: it seems to be steering me towards a choice I wouldn't want to make and that I don't think my character would. It also makes me wonder if I could try not going to the last town at all, just spending my days working honestly, or if that would result in a bad ending. My guess: the latter.

Just be warned: this game is not fun. If you're looking for fun, stay away. If you're looking for your game to be an "experience," step right up. So that's my recommendation: play it if you're not interested in whether you have fun or not.

I take every bad thing I have said about Ass Creed and Watch Doges back, as long as some of that moolah is used to make products like Rayman and Child Of Light, which I just finished, Ubisoft can release whatever garbage they want to.

Tellaerin

Using hacks in e-sports is like taking steroids in "regular" sports :p

That has me wondering now. Are there any sort of provisions in place to prevent people from using real "performance enhancers" in esports? Or can somebody show up for a tournament hopped up on amphetamines with no one else the wiser?

Strider

I take every bad thing I have said about Ass Creed and Watch Doges back, as long as some of that moolah is used to make products like Rayman and Child Of Light, which I just finished, Ubisoft can release whatever garbage they want to.

Agreed.

I need another Rayman Ubi. DO IT.

Shadownet

Banned
I was on YouTube watching some trailers and saw one for
Fifty Shades of Grey.

I decided to Wikipedia the plot, cause I'm curious to see how this book became so popular. After reading the plot, I'm just like "really? This is what women are going crazy over?"

Durante

They should spend some of it on Might & Magic XI.

X is still my GotY.

cicero

My PC went down again right after the Summer Sale so I have pretty much just lurked since then. But once again, here is a little something for the community here, I hope everyone enjoys what they take. I think that the rules still state that you should only take for yourself, I don't mind if you pick up scraps that are left for good friends or family after the initial raffle has ended though. These should all work, I apologize in advance if any don't, I think I was pretty careful though. Please enjoy what you take!

RISK OF RAIN CODES EXPIRE IF NOT USED BY THE 28TH OF NOVEMBER!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Soul Gambler: Dark Arts Edition -- MB-F55FB42AD35FB447 - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-76BB7419F5C91378 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 8 entrants total.
Shattered Haven -- MB-6ACB86117BA0A830
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-DAD46F011E91F64B - Taken by Oldschoolgamer. 1 entrants total.
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 -- MB-870E28C5EB95F739 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-2DBA92AB9E397992 - Taken by TheLight. 3 entrants total.
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-028184EF635247E4 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Tidalis -- MB-54FCF8748BF8BED7 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain 1 -- MB-B1CA0F035B3DC2E2
Shattered Haven #2 -- MB-504DF294E49785E4
Shadow Man -- MB-331EE253BBC067FD - Taken by -MD-. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-B65AB8AB27588323 - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 7 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-738D39F4FEBD31BD
Darkout -- MB-B06E92A9FA2268F0
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-5B4C1F7112265B94
Sanctum -- MB-BEDA818DD0EE6FDC - Taken by Shadownet. 2 entrants total.
Dark Scavenger -- MB-D67C97FE51B7CDD1 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-AB74D8A211601801
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-1CC291B8209D8086
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut -- MB-3896FB596D2533A6 - Taken by inm8num2. 4 entrants total.
Majesty Gold HD -- MB-C9CBBADA1DF9CA60 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 2 entrants total.
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-57B42ACAE39ECB08
Star Wolves 3: Civil War -- MB-4CE0B62A28DF7CC2 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Hammerfight -- MB-7D219CFEE30F25C2 - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
Windforge -- MB-0ED9E79386AE7203
Skyward Collapse -- MB-53D2169E188E2BD6
Soulbringer -- MB-CBEEF090D5488982
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-15C46513CE56862A
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 #2 -- MB-A962D56913876AEA - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain 2 -- MB-7740D916A532C428 - Taken by kurahador. 1 entrants total.
Cubemen 2 -- MB-D56E85F1D855CDF2 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
The Lunar Pack: Lunnye Devitsy and Wake -- MB-CBCBCDB1045B2883 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.

t1416697982z1.png

Here is a little something extra for lurkers. Please do not activate if you already have Insurgency on your account. It would be nice if I could get Full Mojo Rampage!

Insurgency - https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=YtCmGwTStyUxqqnh
Insurgency - https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=d8K75ZBuEReC34rp

Momentary

Banned
I've got a PS4, a Hori RAP V4, and a Collector's Edition of Guilty Gear Xrd sitting in my Amazon shopping cart... Someone please stop me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom