• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Oh, god blessed me. There is no game coming out until next year that I feel the need to buy immediately. I can use my full game budget for the sales instead of wasting it on day 0 purchases that I regret \o\

onionfrog

I've got a PS4, a Hori RAP V4, and a Collector's Edition of Guilty Gear Xrd sitting in my Amazon shopping cart... Someone please stop me.
If you have a ps3 you could just get Xrd on that.
It has cross play so you'd be able the play online against people on PS4 too.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
My PC went down again right after the Summer Sale so I have pretty much just lurked since then. But once again, here is a little something for the community here, I hope everyone enjoys what they take. I think that the rules still state that you should only take for yourself, I don't mind if you pick up scraps that are left for good friends or family after the initial raffle has ended though. These should all work, I apologize in advance if any don't, I think I was pretty careful though. Please enjoy what you take!

RISK OF RAIN CODES EXPIRE IF NOT USED BY THE 28TH OF NOVEMBER!

Here is a little something extra for lurkers. Please do not activate if you already have Insurgency on your account. It would be nice if I could get Full Mojo Rampage!

Insurgency - https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=YtCmGwTStyUxqqnh
Insurgency - https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=d8K75ZBuEReC34rp

I was wondering why you stopped posting. Glad to see you're back.

Maniac

Banned
John Wick releases on 29th January in Germany.
That movie is god damn fantastic.
Today was the day I entered the Matrix and came out alive.

Also, the wall of shame:
I wonder where I'm at... I've not played in a few months, but I got perfect day after perfect day after perfect day... :p

Also what is Splunk (I kept reading it as Spelunk in the press release >_>) and why is it good?

So does this mean Steam (and Dota/TF2/CS:GO etc) servers will never be down anymore? (besides rare exceptions maybe)

Or just won't be down for maintenance anymore?

Either way, big news, Maybe Blizzard should look into this haha.

From what I got this is a monitoring solution which should help with downtime and reaction time, but a guarantee these servers never go down? Eh, dunno. Jshackles knows more though.

Sendou

I kind of want to play other games but Binding of Isaac still has me hooked in so hard. Doesn't help that the other game to play would be L.A. Noire. I have been finding out that the criticism that game got wasn't completely unwarranted.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That's one of their devs in the comment I linked to saying that the new achievement (non-story related) in TVoEC doesn't exemplify some of the things their blog posts states are "bad achievement design".

That's not really obvious from "No, it's just a little harmless easter egg for those who followed the patch notes :) For now, the story is "unfinished", but who knows where we'll take it in the future (and if at all :)"

Thanks for the clarification.

That's not really obvious from "No, it's just a little harmless easter egg for those who followed the patch notes :) For now, the story is "unfinished", but who knows where we'll take it in the future (and if at all :)"

Thanks for the clarification.

From http://theastrocrew.tumblr.com/post/103220889213/achievements-in-the-vanishing-of-ethan-carter:

Second, achievements are mostly harmful when they shape a behavior or artificially extend gameplay time. For example, “Finish the game without killing anyone” in a game that offers the freedom of choice (e.g. sneak past an enemy, knock them unconscious or kill them) is both behavior shaping and artificial time extender. Telling the player to be whatever they want to be, but then awarding them for being exactly as the developer imagined is just wrong. It’s a much longer discussion for another time, though.

Gee, guys, I think hiding a sniper rifle somewhere behind a specific bunch of actions hinging on finding a really small and inconspicuous object qualifies as "artificially extending gameplay". I'd much rather have the option of going all stealth or whatever and being rewarded for it should I choose to do it than the implementation of this "unfinished story" achievement. :\

But whatever, as I said in the last post I made, got it, game over, game deleted.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of cicero, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Soul Gambler: Dark Arts Edition -- MB-F55FB42AD35FB447 - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-76BB7419F5C91378 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 8 entrants total.
Shattered Haven -- MB-6ACB86117BA0A830
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-DAD46F011E91F64B - Taken by Oldschoolgamer. 1 entrants total.
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 -- MB-870E28C5EB95F739 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-2DBA92AB9E397992 - Taken by TheLight. 3 entrants total.
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-028184EF635247E4 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Tidalis -- MB-54FCF8748BF8BED7 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain 1 -- MB-B1CA0F035B3DC2E2
Shattered Haven #2 -- MB-504DF294E49785E4
Shadow Man -- MB-331EE253BBC067FD - Taken by -MD-. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-B65AB8AB27588323 - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 7 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-738D39F4FEBD31BD
Darkout -- MB-B06E92A9FA2268F0
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-5B4C1F7112265B94
Sanctum -- MB-BEDA818DD0EE6FDC - Taken by Shadownet. 2 entrants total.
Dark Scavenger -- MB-D67C97FE51B7CDD1 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-AB74D8A211601801
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-1CC291B8209D8086
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut -- MB-3896FB596D2533A6 - Taken by inm8num2. 4 entrants total.
Majesty Gold HD -- MB-C9CBBADA1DF9CA60 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 2 entrants total.
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-57B42ACAE39ECB08
Star Wolves 3: Civil War -- MB-4CE0B62A28DF7CC2 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Hammerfight -- MB-7D219CFEE30F25C2 - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
Windforge -- MB-0ED9E79386AE7203
Skyward Collapse -- MB-53D2169E188E2BD6
Soulbringer -- MB-CBEEF090D5488982
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-15C46513CE56862A
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 #2 -- MB-A962D56913876AEA - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain 2 -- MB-7740D916A532C428 - Taken by kurahador. 1 entrants total.
Cubemen 2 -- MB-D56E85F1D855CDF2 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
The Lunar Pack: Lunnye Devitsy and Wake -- MB-CBCBCDB1045B2883 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.

t1416697982z1.png

guys, someone convince me not to buy dragon age 3 for $27(if the deal still works that is, if it doesn't thank you, god) I'm really tempted but i got other games I'm focusing on right now :( I don't think I have enough will power to resist.

iosefe

guys, someone convince me not to buy dragon age 3 for $27(if the deal still works that is, if it doesn't thank you, god) I'm really tempted but i got other games I'm focusing on right now :( I don't think I have enough will power to resist.

steam sale is next week

Go play Smash on your WiiU in the corner
:p

There, problem solved.

zkylon

zkylewd

well it looks like skyrim and smells like skyrim and you don't wanna deal with vpns, vpns are a drag

tmarg

There is going to be $8000 worth of DLC for that game, and even if you're ok with paying full price for all of it, you'll have a better experience if you wait for all of it to come out before you start playing it.

Shadownet

Banned
There is going to be $8000 worth of DLC for that game, and even if you're ok with paying full price for all of it, you'll have a better experience if you wait for all of it to come out before you start playing it.
Are we talking about Trains Simulator now?

Also I don't feel like playing games today. Weird.

I take every bad thing I have said about Ass Creed and Watch Doges back, as long as some of that moolah is used to make products like Rayman and Child Of Light, which I just finished, Ubisoft can release whatever garbage they want to.
We're still waiting for Beyond Good & Evil 2. Fuck the king Ubisoft.
I've got a PS4, a Hori RAP V4, and a Collector's Edition of Guilty Gear Xrd sitting in my Amazon shopping cart... Someone please stop me.
Dat 970 feeling. Feel it.
i mean, I KNOW RIGHT!? And I'm near the climax of the first bayonetta and I'm still here like "damn yo, Dragon Age is looking might good tho...." >_> I'M WEAK, SOMEONE HELP ME!!
Play Bayo 2 instead.
Ai7Phh9.gif

i mean, I KNOW RIGHT!? And I'm near the climax of the first bayonetta and I'm still here like "damn yo, Dragon Age is looking might good tho...." >_> I'M WEAK, SOMEONE HELP ME!!
Serious answer.
Don't let into hype of new-shiny-game. Wait. In about 3 months you'll get the game much cheaper anyway.
And besides, it looks like you have enough games to play these days anyway and with the next big sales very near, you'll get your new-shiny-game-fix anyway - for much less money.

hmmm but the thing is, I don't buy dlc, like at all. I get the base game(cheap tho, with a few exceptions like nintendo games and a few others) and thats it. Does EA even do GOTY/complete edition for games besides the BF series?

From the November 2014 Loot Crate...here you go...it is the full game (the preview pic is off)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition -- MB-63A51D5B903D0730 - Taken by cardinalmind. 5 entrants total.

t1416696242z1.png

tmarg

hmmm but the thing is, I don't buy dlc, like at all. I get the base game(cheap tho, with a few exceptions like nintendo games and a few others) and thats it. Does EA even do GOTY/complete edition for games besides the BF series?

Waiting probably won't save you a ton of money, but Bioware's recent history points to there being stuff in the DLC you will need to fully enjoy the game.

Play Bayo 2 instead.
Ai7Phh9.gif
well after i beat bayo 1 thats the plan
Serious answer.
Don't let into hype of new-shiny-game. Wait. In about 3 months you'll get the game much cheaper anyway.
And besides, it looks like you have enough games to play these days anyway and with the next big sales very near, you'll get your new-shiny-game-fix anyway - for much less money.
yea you right.
Waiting probably won't save you a ton of money, but Bioware's recent history points to there being stuff in the DLC you will need to fully enjoy the game.

but you're also right... ah fuck it, I can wait. Thank you guys, you just saved my poor little checkings account.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ah yes, the advice from people that dont have the games. always the most accurate indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom