• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

Hm, my queue can't stop showing me the F2P Ghost Recon Phantoms page every few entries. Setting "not interested" doesn't seem to help, and that game page doesn't have a "next in queue" button (instead it's "view your queue"). So I guess my queue sequence is getting interrupted for some reason. I guess Steam really wants me to play that game...

Subject16

So the Steam Sale is next week. I gotta sell my cards!

O9C1Qud.png

There better be any foil!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Pretty sweet TD game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Kingdom Rush -- MB-201221D6E1DADEF4 - Taken by Widdly Scuds

onionfrog

I've gotten rid of all of my consoles.
Oh, I'd go with PS4 then.
I won't lose hope on GGXrd coming to Steam.
With any luck Arcsys will realize that people want releases of their games on Steam that aren't several versions out of date.
:p
The fact that the Xrd arcade machine apparently runs on a windows machine of some sort gives me hope.
If its low effort for them to port maybe it'll actually come out on PC...

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I wonder if there's any scenario in which Marvel vs Capcom 3 gets a Steam release.

user237

Is it a given that the big Winter sale will have a steam card game like the Summer sale did?

I'm wondering if it's time to start hording my cards instead of selling them all.

onionfrog

I wonder if there's any scenario in which Marvel vs Capcom 3 gets a Steam release.
Very doubtful. Capcom had to remove the game and all its DLC from PSN and XBLA.
They've lost the license to do anything with it and can't even release further balance patches for the game.

inm8num2

Aw, it's too bad the newer updates of the Air skin got rid of the dark background. It was a lot nicer on the eyes. Perhaps there's a way to change it manually, though (Inhibitor has said he's working on a DIY guide for Air).

Uzzy

Highly unlikely. Marvel are keen to unite their video game franchises to create a 'Marvel Video Game Universe', so even if Capcom got the Marvel license back, any future activity on the MvC front is pretty much ruled out.

Highly unlikely. Marvel are keen to unite their video game franchises to create a 'Marvel Video Game Universe', so even if Capcom got the Marvel license back, any future activity on the MvC front is pretty much ruled out.
What happened to your Major Avatar? You are GitS!

Kvik

Good afternoon, SteamGAF.

Did anyone play Thief (2014) on its maximum difficulty and willing to recommend it to a stealth game enthusiast looking for a cheap thrill?

It's currently $7 on Squeenix store.

Like I love the crossover and know it's a key part of the series history, but at some point Capcom needs to either accept the crossover might be dead and make a pure Marvel fighting game or one that plays in that style with just their characters.

Turfster

Did anyone play Thief (2014) on its maximum difficulty and willing to recommend it to a stealth game enthusiast looking for a cheap thrill?

No. The game is baaaaaaaaaaad.
The stealth is laughable, there's pretty much no real freedom of exploration during missions and the AI is meh. The story is the frankenstein corpse of many different stories that never knows what it wants to be and ends up being nothing at all.

Hell, the many city (camouflaged) loading screens are more annoying than the thief3 ones =p

Styx is an infinitely better recent stealth experience (even though it doesn't quite hold up until the end).
(Of course, it's not discounted, but I'm just saying ;)

Uzzy

Like I love the crossover and know it's a key part of the series history, but at some point Capcom needs to either accept the crossover might be dead and make a pure Marvel fighting game or one that plays in that style with just their characters.

Yeah, a MvC style game using just Capcom characters could work. They've got enough franchises to mine for characters that they could get a decent roster together, that's distinct enough from Street Fighter.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I've got a PS4, a Hori RAP V4, and a Collector's Edition of Guilty Gear Xrd sitting in my Amazon shopping cart... Someone please stop me.

Cool add me to PSN so we can play Xrd together!

The fact that the Xrd arcade machine apparently runs on a windows machine of some sort gives me hope.
If its low effort for them to port maybe it'll actually come out on PC...
All the Blazblue games do too but here we are with old versions still. :p

Kvik

The stealth is laughable, there's pretty much no real freedom of exploration during missions and the AI is meh. The story is the frankenstein corpse of many different stories that never knows what it wants to be and ends up being nothing at all.

Hell, the many city (camouflaged) loading screens are more annoying than the thief3 ones =p

Styx is an infinitely better recent stealth experience (even though it doesn't quite hold up until the end).

Thanks. Styx sounds interesting, though. Is the mechanics at least good? eg. randomized guard pattern, no line of sight cheating, etc?

zkylon

zkylewd
fuck that gif

i don't wanna go out tonight, i wanna stay home playing valkyria and programming to taylor swift and kpop lol

also i hear there's a mod for thief3 that like stitches all the maps together

i still gotta play more of thief 3, it's the one without spiders so i might still be able to play it tho the bug critter thingies in the city really freaked me out last time i tried

Turfster

Thanks. Styx sounds interesting, though. Is the mechanics at least good? eg. randomized guard pattern, no line of sight cheating, etc?

Styx is mechanically pretty strong.
There is some guard pattern randomization, usually after you used one of the distraction options (or straight up murdered someone that got discovered, of course, for the weirdos that like murdering everything in sight, like Rhak-Rhak ;)

also i hear there's a mod for thief3 that like stitches all the maps together

There is, sort of.
The ones in the city are probably going to be here to stay.

Anyone else grab Never Alone? Interested in it for the educational value but I was wondering how people here feel about the gameplay given the mixed reception on that front.

Oh yeah, I forgot some questions I wanted to ask:

(1) When is the Steam sale?
(2) Will brand new games like Pillars of Eternity, Borderlands The Pre Sequel, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Far Cry 4 be 80% off or more?
(3) Shadowgate is on sale as the daily -- is it worth it?

Shadownet

Banned
shit, fell asleep playing ff13 again, dat 53hrs playtime.
Its okay, it's a common occurrence when it come to that game.

Oh yeah, I forgot some questions I wanted to ask:

(1) When is the Steam sale?
(2) Will brand new games like Pillars of Eternity, Borderlands The Pre Sequel, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Far Cry 4 be 80% off or more?
(3) Shadowgate is on sale as the daily -- is it worth it?

1) I think you know the answer to that my friend.
2) I think you're trolling my friend.
3) I think we both know that it is my friend.

Durante

Even counting Div:OS, Wast2, VC, TitS and FF13?
Hot diggity damn.
Yes.

Also lol@bolded. If we're talking ports, the only relevant contender would be VC :p

Anyone else grab Never Alone? Interested in it for the educational value but I was wondering how people here feel about the gameplay given the mixed reception on that front.
I bought it and completed it in coop yesterday. It's a rather simple platformer gameplay-wise, but it controls well enough, looks amazing, is quite varied and doesn't overstay its welcome. We enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom