• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pls stahp you're sounding like a mexican wrestler

what do you call those

uh

Luchadors

:3

And man this is kind of a zky-esque post init

Just be a man(iac) instead of hiding behind these thinly covered insults. Steam Community so bitter towards those who don't agree with them.

jke? im sorry but im very serious, I dont see how Valve can be considered...

(shit what was it?... fuck. Oh, yes!)

...can be considered the bastions of PC gaming with these shit deals

You too.

Steam Sales have been getting worse every year, and it's not because we own the games, it's because they don't need to try anymore. GMG and Amazon have been improving on their deals every year. Also nice of you to miss out the part on Regional Prices being terrible too, as well as the poor customer service and lack of regard for consumer laws. But no, lets ignore all of that and be horrible to someone within our Community as they don't 100% love everything Steam does.

Bunch of acerbic people in here at times.

rickyson1

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rickyson1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut -- MB-110A9C878430CF92 - Taken by The Reloader
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-71E0526E24D414F3 - Taken by tioslash

leftovers from the sonic hits collection I just bought

autoduelist

Dragon Commander looks like the game I dreamt of my entire childhood, now with the pc power to make it happen.

Unfortunately, there is not a chance in hell my laptop will run it.

I'm also really jonesing for Divinity Original Sin but it's questionable if my laptop can handle it.; even if the specs say it'll work out it usually gets too hot with newer games.

Thanks, will give it a look. Never used bundlestars before but I think I've heard of them. Usually do the big 3.
EDIT: hmm. I think galactic arms race is the only one i really want out of that bundle, making it a bad deal for me. Darn.

ok since we are talking SR4 whats better then?

Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition or
Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack

at this point?

Well SRIV GotCE is in the UFP, so if you don't have any of the SR games, you should get the latter. All three games (SR1 was console only) are fun, open world experiences, and have a good modding community too. You'll definitely want to mod SR2 with Gentlemen of the Row mod, which fixes a lot of things in the buggy port.

Knurek

Game #103 of the year done:
wwasfp2.png

Absolutely stunning visuals, great music, good European fable story (think The Neverending Story), solid voice acting, main character notwithstanding, nice music.
Some terrible puzzles as well, but I wouldn't really expect anything else out of Daedalic.
Enjoyable experince when played with a walkthrough handy. Especially if you're into 2D art.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Borealis -- MB-792553191E55E21A - Taken by NightmareTrigger
PGP3OVL.png
Witcher 2(GOG) -- MB-44FED32C987257CC - Taken by ArynCrinn
PGP3OVL.png
Little Big Adventure(GOG) -- MB-CD479EE77B1C9A83 - Taken by Scipius

So that means GotCE is missing some DLC?

GotCE has all of the SR4 DLC. I think L.O.R.D. meant the UFP included all the DLC for all the Saints Row games. Ultimate Franchise Pack is essentially SR2, SR3:The Full Package (plus the Unlockable Pack and Bloodsucker Pack), and SRIV:GotCE.

tioslash

I´m glad didn´t buy The Evil Within. Tried out the demo today, and my god, does it run like absolute crap on my machine.

Pachimari

Bully is actually the only game made by Rockstar (with Red Dead Redemption and Vice City) I fully enjoyed.

I haven't even really started playing Red Dead Redemption, and I'm feeling like I'm missing out on something. I played it for about 1-2 hours, but I'm gonna try get the Xbox 360 version instead someday.

L.O.R.D

GotCE has all of the SR4 DLC. I think L.O.R.D. meant the UFP included all the DLC for all the Saints Row games. Ultimate Franchise Pack is essentially SR2, SR3:The Full Package, and SRIV:GotCE.

Buy Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack

Includes 49 items: Saints Row 2, Saints Row IV, Saints Row IV - Enter The Dominatrix, Saints Row IV - Anime Pack, Saints Row IV - Bling Bling Pack, Saints Row IV - College Daze Pack, Saints Row IV - Element of Destruction Pack, Saints Row IV - Game On Pack, Saints Row IV - Gamestop Warped Weapon Challenge, Saints Row IV - GAT V Pack, Saints Row IV - Hey Ash Whatcha Playin? Pack, Saints Row IV - How the Saints Save Christmas, Saints Row IV - Pirate's Booty Pack, Saints Row IV - Reverse Cosplay Pack, Saints Row IV - Stone Age Pack, Saints Row IV - Thank You Pack, Saints Row IV - The Rectifier, Saints Row IV - The Super Saints Pack, Saints Row IV - Wild West Pack, Saints Row IV - Zinyak Attack Pack, Saints Row IV: Brady Games Pack, Saints Row IV: Commander-In-Chief Pack, Saints Row IV: Dubstep Gun (Remix) Pack, Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition, Saints Row IV: Grass Roots Pack, Saints Row IV: Presidential Pack, Saints Row IV: Season Pass, Saints Row IV: The Executive Privilege Pack, Saints Row IV: Volition Comics Pack, Saints Row The Third - Genkibowl VII, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row: The Third - Bloodsucker Pack, Saints Row: The Third - FUNTIME! Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Gangstas in Space, Saints Row: The Third - Genki Girl Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Horror Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Money Shot Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Nyte Blayde Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Penthouse Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Special Ops Vehicle Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Steelport Gangs Pack, Saints Row: The Third - The Trouble with Clones DLC, Saints Row: The Third - Unlockable Pack, Saints Row: The Third Explosive Combat Pack, Saints Row: The Third Invincible Pack, Saints Row: The Third Shark Attack Pack, Saints Row: The Third Warrior Pack, Saints Row: The Third Witches & Wieners Pack, Saints Row: The Third Z Style Pack

it contain SR2 + SR3 + SR3 DLCs + SR4 +SR4 DLCs + SR4 Game of the Century Edition
http://store.steampowered.com/app/206420/
you get 2 SR4 games
if you already have 3 or 4 there is no need for this

rickyson1

there any reason to install both the game and the beta for divinity dragon commander? it gives me a checkbox for both when I go to install it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do I check for region lock? I'm looking at SteamDB and the formatting's different now and I have no idea where to look. u_u

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122776345#post122776345 (Just mentally add Turkey to the list of ACRTAG countries.) Jshacks added ACRTAG and OARIC/PRIC detection support to Enhanced Steam a little while back, which covers most cases of region locking.

Edit: To clarify the matter of region-locked CD keys, what you need to keep an out for there are CD key-related region-specific packages with the PurchaseRestrictedCountries flags. For example, you'd need to use a VPN to activate a Football Manager 2015 key bought from Nuuvem as there is a South American-specific sub that has Brazil listed as an accepted country (if the controlling flag were instead set to "No", that would mean those in every country except for Brazil and co. could activate the key without the aid of a VPN).

But I did, not even 8 months ago... :(

I considered getting Wolfenstein because apparently is a very good game, but I´m a little short on Steam Money atm. :p

Well, if TEW won't run well on your sub-toaster, I don't think Wolf is going to do much better.

What's in your sub-toaster level PC anyhow? ;)

Maniac

Banned
Just be a man(iac) instead of hiding behind these thinly covered insults. Steam Community so bitter towards those who don't agree with them.

You too.

Steam Sales have been getting worse every year, and it's not because we own the games, it's because they don't need to try anymore. GMG and Amazon have been improved on their deals every year. Also nice of you to miss out the part on Regional Prices being terrible too, as well as the poor customer service and lack of regard for consumer laws. But no, lets ignore all of that and be horrible to someone within our Community as they don't 100% love everything Steam does.

Bunch of acidic people in here at times.

Talk about being bitter and acidic... :p

Sorry - It really wasn't supposed to be covered or veiled at all, 'twas a simple joke, and I'm not exactly the bitter type, but I really have to say: the holier-than-thou approach isn't a good fit, as you're also a bit acidic every now and then* ;)
(It happens, we're only human afterall, sometimes we'll be bitter cunts, cause life is fucking tough sometimes! And it wears people down)

And come on, it was just an itty bitty lil' joke about your somewhat odd, nonsensical response to not liking the sales developers themselves put on their games, it's hardly Valve's fault. You don't blame a city-council if a marketplace or a fleamarket doesn't have the deals you want, you blame the stall owners.

And lots of us complain about the flaws of Steam, almost bloody well daily. Regional pricing sucks, but Valve doesn't have any current interest in pursuing fair regional pricing (despite having it for their own stuff), and publishers love money, so they'll take advantage of that fact more often than not. Complaining in here wont help anything though, it's Valve you have to write to if you want it changed. (I've personally every intention of writing and lobbying Valve quite a bit Soon™)
You should also take a look at Bully. I haven't played it, but it is frequently recommended on Steam GAF.

I'd forgotten about Bully, realised I wanted to wishlist it for future sales and... Well, uh... This can't be for real, can it?

Apparently the page is incredibly bugged (on my end atleast) and says "Languages: English - Not Supported

#lang_english. #lang_french. #lang_italian. #lang_german. #lang_spanish. - Supported" In a mega-huge font. And Interface, Full Audio & Subtitles are all in the same column. Damnit Volvo... >_>

186zlI3.png

lol >.<

madjoki

Well, if TEW won't run well on your sub-toaster, I don't think Wolf is going to do much better.

What's in your sub-toaster level PC anyhow? ;)

Wolfenstein works by far better than TEW.

TEW is something like 20 fps, while Wolfenstein was playable, 40-50 fps (medium). AMD HD6870.

SaveFerris

Neo Member
Seems like all community features in Saints Row 4 are down and have been since July. A post from a Dev about two weeks ago stated they are still looking into it but just a heads up if your looking to import your SR3 character and the like: Link

Talk about being bitter and acidic... :p

Sorry - It really wasn't supposed to be covered or veiled at all, 'twas a simple joke, and I'm not exactly the bitter type, but I really have to say: the holier-than-thou approach isn't a good fit, as you're also a bit acidic every now and then* ;)
(It happens, we're only human afterall, sometimes we'll be bitter cunts, cause life is fucking tough sometimes! And it wears people down)

And come on, it was just an itty bitty lil' joke about your somewhat odd, nonsensical response to not liking the sales developers themselves put on their games, it's hardly Valve's fault. You don't blame a city-council if a marketplace or a fleamarket doesn't have the deals you want, you blame the stall owners.

And lots of us complain about the flaws of Steam, almost bloody well daily. Regional pricing sucks, but Valve doesn't have any current interest in pursuing fair regional pricing (despite having it for their own stuff), and publishers love money, so they'll take advantage of that fact more often than not. Complaining in here wont help anything though, it's Valve you have to write to if you want it changed. (I've personally every intention of writing and lobbying Valve quite a bit Soon™)

You believe it's entirely the developer's fault?
Yet there are sites out there with better deals from the same developers (Publishers). It all comes down to who can negotiate a better deal.

RIP Amazon Tony, the last hero of Sales and Discounts.

eyeless

is there a good vpn to use to activate a key? spotflux doesn't seem to let me choose a country and tunnelbear seems to be stuck forever updating and i have to leave soon and would like to know if i just wasted 7 bucks (i bought gta complete from nuuvem)

Card Boy

Banned
is there a good vpn to use to activate a key? spotflux doesn't seem to let me choose a country and tunnelbear seems to be stuck forever updating and i have to leave soon and would like to know if i just wasted 7 bucks (i bought gta complete from nuuvem)

TunnelBear.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Try FlyVPN.

TunnelBear.

Yeah, about that...

;)

ArynCrinn

Banned
So yeah, just won the Witcher 2 GOG giveaway from modbot and totally forgot and already had it by doing that stamp shit during their sale.

So, if anybody wants this key "Witcher 2 GOG", just PM me and it's yours. First come first serve. ;)

Also can throw in - (all Steam keys)

Earth 2160

Knight Shift / Polanie 2

ChickenShoot / Kurka Wodna 2

X-Blades

ChickenShoot 2 / Kurka Wodna 3

Soulbringer

Weird Worlds

Cobi Treasure Deluxe

...been trying to get rid of these forever so if anybody wants them, just PM me whatever you want. ;p

Nope. I have 8gb of RAM. It´s weird that ran so bad here then...not sure why. Definitely not poor maintenance or old drivers.

Maybe the demo is just shit? I remember some people having problems with the first chapters in terms of performance?

Check that video if you want to see how it runs for me.

Maniac

Banned
You believe it's entirely the developer's fault?
Yet there are sites out there with better deals from the same developers (Publishers). It all comes down to who can negotiate a better deal.

RIP Amazon Tony, the last hero of Sales and Discounts.

Right, I realise as much, but with Steam it's entirely up to developers. Valve is taking a hands-off approach, and as such the blame doesn't lie with them, even though it's more convenient blaming them. Valve has no intention of negotiating anything at all, because that would take a lot more manpower than they've ever had allocated to Steam.

Heck, it'd take more people than they even employ :p

Mind, I really think that the hands-off approach has some great prospects and potential for indies, but at the same time it's not the healthiest thing for a platform, especially one where there are giant corporations involved; they'll always do their best to rip off their customers.

is GTA IV worth it? I always heard that the PC port ran like garbage, but that was a few years back, right? I kinda want to sate my GTA thirst until V comes out in January.

mannerbot

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122776345#post122776345 (Just mentally add Turkey to the list of ACRTAG countries.) Jshacks added ACRTAG and OARIC/PRIC detection support to Enhanced Steam a little while back, which covers most cases of region locking.

Edit: To clarify the matter of region-locked CD keys, what you need to keep an out for there are CD key-related region-specific packages with the PurchaseRestrictedCountries flags. For example, you'd need to use a VPN to activate a Football Manager 2015 key bought from Nuuvem as there is a South American-specific sub that has Brazil listed as an accepted country (if the controlling flag were instead set to "No", that would mean those in every country except for Brazil and co. could activate the key without the aid of a VPN).

So I noticed that SteamDB has giant blue boxes that show you when stuff is region locked and I felt like a big dum-dum, hah. The absence of that means that there is no applicable region lock, right (well, except for that gifting thing that has an easy workaround)?

dex3108

So because Bethesda refuses to lower DLC-a i went and bought Deadfall instead :D And i think that is it from me for Autumn Sale (MGR, Deadfall, Prison Architect, Hotline Miami, CS:GO and Brothers for friend). Oh well Winter Sale is around the corner and that means there is chance that i will break 300 games mark on Steam :D

Right, I realise as much, but with Steam it's entirely up to developers. Valve is taking a hands-off approach, and as such the blame doesn't lie with them, even though it's more convenient blaming them. Valve has no intention of negotiating anything at all, because that would take a lot more manpower than they've ever had allocated to Steam.

Heck, it'd take more people than they even employ :p

Mind, I really think that the hands-off approach has some great prospects and potential for indies, but at the same time it's not the healthiest thing for a platform, especially one where there are giant corporations involved; they'll always do their best to rip off their customers.

So because you think Valve have taken a hands-off approach we can't blame them for the discounts and 'deals' not being as great as they once were and other sites improving theirs?

If that is the case (how do you know this?) to me the two seem intrinsically linked; because of their hands-off approach they should be blamed for their laziness, and what I perceive to be a lack of interest in their customers.

You just have to look at this thread to see others not generally happy with the deals, or not buying and if they are buying its from GMG, Amazon, etc.

tioslash

Maybe the demo is just shit? I remember some people having problems with the first chapters in terms of performance?

Check that video if you want to see how it runs for me.

Yeah, I guess it could be just the demo running badly.

Are you just installing over your Nvidia drivers? Try doing a clean uninstall.

Hm, I remember doing a clean uninstall a couple of months ago before I started playing Alien, but after that I think I just installed over my old ones..I´ll definitely try a clean one and see if it helps. Thanks! :)

So because Bethesda refuses to lower DLC-a i went and bought Deadfall instead :D And i think that is it from me for Autumn Sale (MGR, Deadfall, Prison Architect, Hotline Miami, CS:GO and Brothers for friend). Oh well Winter Sale is around the corner and that means there is chance that i will break 300 games mark on Steam :D

Seriously frustrating that dishonored DLC or GOTY wont drop to the ridiculous prices I love. Dishonored GOTY was a glitch last winter sale but I'm trying to hold for $5 for dishonored GOTY.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Is there a new FOV fix for TEW out now? (Not really interested in removing the bars) I was waiting after it got updated and broke the old one.

Elija2

So Bad Rats is 20 cents and I'm wondering if I could buy it and make my money back from selling the trading cards. I'm actually considering doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom