• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Valve change the "x friends want this game:" section on a game's store page recently? I swore that it use to show usernames, now it just shows the avatar.

Also are these new records for concurrent?

925,653 Dota 2
349,462 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I think Dota 2 could get a million by the end of the year and CS:GO has a shot at 400k.

And I wonder if the potential matchmaking system in TF2 might cause it to get concurrent boost closer to CS:GO?

Edit: Just looked at Steamcharts and it's only a new record for CS:GO.

tmarg

Ofcourse, ridiculous sales as with what GMG and GameFly did starting out (and Amazon, too) is really good for getting yourself set up within that kind of a business and getting some decently loyal customers, but long-term it's just not very healthy business. GMG has managed to find a pretty good work-around solution though.

That's the problem though. Those fire sale prices weren't establishing loyal customers, it's just too easy to comparison shop on the internet, and there isn't much you can do to separate yourself from the competition in terms of service or convenience when everyone is just selling steam keys. People were just buying every game wherever it was cheapest every time. Which means the strategy of treating smaller purchases as loss leaders had to die.

Kaleinc

Banned
The IndieGala store absolutely destroys my browser by clogging up a gig or two of ram almost instantly. I'm sure it's an extension compatibility issue, but I don't see why something like tampermonkey would bother it.
That garbage is AC Unity of websites but the latter at least has looks.

Did Valve change the "x friends want this game:" section on a game's store page recently? I swore that it use to show usernames, now it just shows the avatar.

Also are these new records for concurrent?

925,653 Dota 2
349,462 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

I think Dota 2 could get a million by the end of the year and CS:GO has a shot at 400k.

And I wonder if the potential matchmaking system in TF2 might cause it to get concurrent boost closer to CS:GO?

Edit: Just looked at Steamcharts and it's only a new record for CS:GO.

Yea new for both. Dam CS:GO turnaround still amazes me.

So I'm wrapping up Arkham Origins.

I really liked the story. I think it was better done and had better pacing than the other two games in the trilogy. The gameplay remained unchanged, which was both good and bad, as components of it are pretty annoying.

I really enjoyed the Deathstroke fight. It forces you to slow down a bit so that you can counter him properly, and it only took me a few attempts to get it down and then proceed to beat the shit out of him.

Pachimari

I'm starting up Batman: Arkham Asylum right away. I can't believe I haven't gotten started on those yet. I did play around 2 hours some months ago.

chronomac

I've asked this before (despite it being sort of off-topic), but I want to ask again. I bought a Samsung 840 EVO SSD and I want to move my copy of Windows 8.1 over to it from an old 7200 RPM HDD. I don't mind using a fresh install at all, but can I use the same serial number?

If not, what's the best program for migrating everything, or does the SSD come with one?

Chariot

Skipping out on Arkham Origins means that you are skipping out on the best game in the series, imo.
Ehhhhhhh

---

Is there a way to tell characters in Divinity: OS to stand still? There is a switch "puzzle" where two people need to stand on separate switches, but when I change the character, the other always run towards that one. Surely there was a tutorial for that somewhere I just didn't see it.

Ehhhhhhh

---

Is there a way to tell characters in Divinity: OS to stand still? There is a switch "puzzle" where two people need to stand on separate switches, but when I change the character, the other always run towards that one. Surely there was a tutorial for that somewhere I just didn't see it.

Unchain them. You can click and drag the character portrait to unchain them.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Skipping out on Arkham Origins means that you are skipping out on the best game in the series, imo.

iDOsryD9epVcg.gif

Nabs

Precisely. Skipping it would be a mistake. It has the best pacing of the series, and some of the best moments as well.

So I'm wrapping up Arkham Origins.

I really liked the story. I think it was better done and had better pacing than the other two games in the trilogy. The gameplay remained unchanged, which was both good and bad, as components of it are pretty annoying.

I really enjoyed the Deathstroke fight. It forces you to slow down a bit so that you can counter him properly, and it only took me a few attempts to get it down and then proceed to beat the shit out of him.

Bingo. You need to take control of the fight and beat the shit out of him.

Coldsun

Banned
Surround gaming still doesn't look right to me on my monitors. It's like what I see on the left and right screens are zoomed in compared to what's on the center screen. Right?

That's perfectly normal for triple screen. You can adjust it a bit with fov, but that's working as intended. Don't focus or even look at the side screens, they're there for peripheral vision =)

Chariot

Precisely. Skipping it would be a mistake. It has the best pacing of the series, and some of the best moments as well.
That I can agree with. So sad the combat tweak turned out badly and the swinging around is made annoyngly inconsequent.

Nabs

That I can agree with. So sad the combat tweak turned out badly and the swinging around is made annoyngly inconsequent.

I know it's not for everyone, but I loved the combat improvements. They made it quicker and more responsive. You had to live with every punch you threw, and anticipate enemy attacks instead of just leaning on the counter button. It's still very much Arkham and easy, but the slight tweak made it more enjoyable to me.

Chariot

I know it's not for everyone, but I loved the combat improvements. They made it quicker and more responsive. You had to live with every punch you threw, and anticipate enemy attacks instead of just leaning on the counter button. It's still very much Arkham and easy, but the slight tweak made it more enjoyable to me.
I don't think that you can call it quicker and more responsive when deribately made it a tiny bit more sluggish, especially when you contradict this with thr next sentence. Other than that, I can understand why people would like it more. It would be nice if the player had a choice between heavier armor snd lighter ones in AK.

Robaperas

:D
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Robaperas, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-6575F6C2E1A3AAF1 - Taken by Catshade. 6 entrants total.

t1417400520z1.png

So... I mayyyyy have just bought that discounted Train Simulator 2015 package.

Why do I have a sudden desire for milky tea? Where... where did this neckbeard come from? Why do I feel the sudden urge to defend Gormenghast novels to people?

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?

Nabs

I don't think that you can call it quicker and more responsive when deribately made it a tiny bit more sluggish, especially when you contradict this with thr next sentence. Other than that, I can understand why people would like it more. It would be nice if the player had a choice between heavier armor snd lighter ones in AK.

Enemies attack faster (smaller counter window) and the controls feel less sluggish in Origins.

Really? I never had a crash and hat game is a few years of patvhes old. What happened?

Originally I tried booting it as Direct X 11 and it just locked on the beginning loading screen. Booted it under windows 8 and everything seemed ago. So I start a game as the Aztecs and I want to say I get about twenty-five to thirty turns in and the game just dies. I run it again and get about ten turns in and it dies.

I have the complete edition if that makes any difference

Tellaerin

So... I mayyyyy have just bought that discounted Train Simulator 2015 package.

Why do I have a sudden desire for milky tea? Where... where did this neckbeard come from? Why do I feel the sudden urge to defend Gormenghast novels to people?

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?

I had no idea there was a stigma attached to tea with milk now.

The port is playable. It occasionally crashes but I managed to beat it fine and at 4k.

How did you get past that certain boss? I was never able to get past it. =/

Other than that, the game played just fine. But I wish Konami would remember to put the old PC ports on Steam. We don't need no HD collection, those were the real deal.

Still pondering whether to get Dragon Commander or Saint's Row IV Complete... At this rate it's probable that I'll pick neither.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How did you get past that certain boss? I was never able to get past it. =/

Other than that, the game played just fine. But I wish Konami would remember to put the old PC ports on Steam. We don't need no HD collection, those were the real deal.

Still pondering whether to get Dragon Commander or Saint's Row IV Complete... At this rate it's probable that I'll pick neither.
Which one?

Arthea

Originally I tried booting it as Direct X 11 and it just locked on the beginning loading screen. Booted it under windows 8 and everything seemed ago. So I start a game as the Aztecs and I want to say I get about twenty-five to thirty turns in and the game just dies. I run it again and get about ten turns in and it dies.

I have the complete edition if that makes any difference

There is certainly problem on your end somewhere. Why am I so sure? I've played Civ5 on three different PCs, I never had a single crash, ever on any of them. In fact, no problem whatsoever and it runs good even of medium PCs, what impressed me somewhat.

buh, Dragon Age crashed on me and I lost an hour of progress... just rushed through it and made up that hour in about 30 minutes skipping all the dialogue and shit. >_> stopped playing after I got up to where i was before it crashed, killed my mood to play more today. I'll continue tomorrow. Now I know to quicksave about every 10 minutes or so.

I'm starting Origins tomorrow, looking forward to it.

fun game, about 5 hours in right now, really enjoying it. :)

There is certainly problem on your end somewhere. Why am I so sure? I've played Civ5 on three different PCs, I never had a single crash, ever on any of them. In fact, no problem whatsoever and it runs good even of medium PCs, what impressed me somewhat.

I wonder what it may be then because my computer is pretty decent. I've been running the metro redux games on high at 1920x1080 without a hitch

Pachimari

Arkham Asylum is off to a great start. I like the combat so far and the introduction of all the characters. Seems to be well realised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom