• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never Alone looks really beautiful. From the trailers, gameplay reminds me of Brothers a bit. The reviews so far are a bit mixed; the one on Eurogamer (a 10/10) was quite emotional but may have been a bit biased though (due to the reviewer's Native American heritage which he references throughout his review).

Sini

Huh. I closed that tab and opened steampage again and I see I am logged out?!
SteamGuard, you had one job.
Didn't people discuss it here before summer?

Edit: Not before summer. September instead: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131180294&postcount=2630

Best guess: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131182703&postcount=2681
origin /generally/ means no CDN
serving directly from the home webserver instead of from whatever cdn is geographically closest to the client
since it’s the origin of all the content

Ezalc

Lewd_1550fd_4724467.gif

This thread really is off to a good start.

bakeray

I'm still hooked on Ass Unity. It's a bummer switching to FC4 after playing it when FC4 looks like a generation behind Unity in terms of shaders.
My cooling setup is completely borked atm. I have a fan blowing directly on my card cus playing FC4 for more than 10 mins was causing my PC to shut off. If I tried Unity my computer would prob blow up, lol.

I played the Steam economy, and I'm currently losing :(

Thought I'd grabbed the vanguard cases at cheap prices, little did I know how far they can fall. Will I get my money back in time for the sale? All signs point to no..

Started playing Murdered: Soul Suspect (played the first hour a few months back). I'm enjoying this one, plus you get to be a cat. So GOTY. Not really, but still a fairly cool game. Plus every five feet there's a collectible, so that's scratching an itch big time.

I liked it a lot... the general environment and story theme I found to be interesting and the fact that finding the collectibles actually gave you some wonderful additional insights into the world was great.

far cry 4 so gud

I've never played a Far Cry... but I want FC4 so bad now... if it gets discounted at all during the sale next week, I may just jump...

Milamber

I've never played a Far Cry... but I want FC4 so bad now... if it gets discounted at all during the sale next week, I may just jump...

From the videos I watched, it is almost exactly like FC3, but with more bugs and more taxing to your graphics card. That means it will get boring in the second half. I suggest you get FC3 first instead at the sale to gauge your interest for FC4.

Oh, that music video.

From the videos I watched, it is almost exactly like FC3, but with more bugs and more taxing to your graphics card. That means it will get boring in the second half. I suggest you get FC3 first instead at the sale to gauge your interest for FC4.
I wanna see how the hair works work (XD) when the update is up. You have to pay more taxes then lol.

Crap... I posted this in the old thread..

Going to repost here...

Hrrrrm....

So I got another email about my ukrainian order of DA:I... and it says:

Note: If you order a downloadable software, you can download it by going to the page with information about the order to the below link. On the page with brief information about the order, click on the link Download (Download) next to the name of the product. If there is order the software on physical media, you will receive a separate email with information about sending it.

So I follow the link to see if there's a key assigned and find this:

Clicking the blue button gives me this:

Should my key be there? Should I be doing something else? Anyone else know anything about this? :3

Tizoc

try the tips in the OP of this thread. Mouse acceleration seems to be fucked up atm. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=934393&highlight=far+cry+4

Thanks, will read up on it.

You know while it has a lot of T&A the interpretation that another member posted hit me hard. It's a good video, with great visuals and music and not something to be taken at face value.

I like how it even had a linear corridor FPS section at the end :V

Spyware

Oh, new thread! I'm having a hard time keeping up with GAF and especially SteamGAF since I discovered how perfect Far Cry 3 is for me. Loved the hunting for animals bit but sadly I'm all done with that. Even the rare ones :(
At least there's still outposts to take, towers to climb and treasures to find :D
And a story to ignore.

Just wanted to chime in - I bought DA:I on Ukrainian Uplay and it went through. The key was emailed 7 hours later. US buyer on Mastercard. Redeemed instantly on Origin.

Just wanted to chime in - I bought DA:I on Ukrainian Uplay and it went through. The key was emailed 7 hours later. US buyer on Mastercard. Redeemed instantly on Origin.

Huh? I know that Origin sells Ubi games but I didn't know that Uplay sells EA games let alone the newest ones aka Origin only games. Why Steam lost the support of EA while Uplay didn't? Weird.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yes, Sales will still be in gaming, the thread should be made by Salsa, I'll step in if he can't.

I still don't get the sale-specific thread. Well, I do, it brings more eyes to it and generates a greater awareness of the sale... but it's always a list of what people bought and people asking if the game is good/should buy it now or later.

I mean, I understand why it exists. I just don't think it's ever too useful.

At least it prevents people from flooding this one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm looking forward to the Autumn sale - I have a few items on my wishlist that I've been holding back on for a bigger discount.

One of those games is Dark Souls II. With the GFWL removal patch incoming for the first, I know now that I'll eventually be playing the second game so I might as well pick it up during the sale.

One of the others I'm excited to hopefully be picking up is Super Win the Game. I had an absolutely nostalgic blast for the first game (which is free and amazing) but so far the second game hasn't had more than a 10% launch discount. I'll probably pick this one up if it goes on sale for 25% off or more.

Smash88

Banned
Bring on the Autumn Sale (aka Black Friday Sale).

Then again, with the Christmas Sale starting Dec. 19, I don't think I'll pick up much as games are usually priced lower there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom