• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Worst time of the year for me. I see all these Black Friday ads for consoles and TV's and stuff and I can't even avail of them.

this is actually my first major Steam sale that I'll participate in. Hopefully there will be deals for Civ5's DLCs and Civ:BE. And also the Total War games.
Worst time of the year for me. I see all these Black Friday ads for consoles and TV's and stuff and I can't even avail of them.

Same. While I can participate in it (through cargo forwarders), the port congestion here will mean that I'll get my package by February next year.

MRORANGE

I still don't get the sale-specific thread. Well, I do, it brings more eyes to it and generates a greater awareness of the sale... but it's always a list of what people bought and people asking if the game is good/should buy it now or later.

I mean, I understand why it exists. I just don't think it's ever too useful.

At least it prevents people from flooding this one.

I think it's just a hype train like those E3 threads, it's going so fast it's pointless to get any reasonable debate or get your question answered properly in their.

Oh btw everyone, I'm locking December thread when the winter sale is up, because: reasons.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll probably hold off until the winter sale unless there are some really crazy deals.

For what it's worth, the Autumn Sale and Winter Sale discounts will be the same, so if you see something you want as a Daily/Flash Sale/Community's Choice/etc. you're not potentially setting yourself up for disappointment by jumping on it. That said, some games skip the Autumn Sale and are only discounted during the Winter Sale (e.g. the latest AssCreed).

BorntoPlay

"The Steam Autumn Sale will run from Wednesday, Nov 27 until Tuesday, Dec 3. The Steam Holiday Sale will run from Thursday, December 19 until Thursday, January 2. Please DO NOT make the dates of the Sales public." computerandvideogames

Shadownet

Banned
I bet December thread will be only 50 pages and 30 of them will be asking when's the sale.

We should ask a mod to do 3 days ban for anyone who come in here asking when the sale is.
"The Steam Autumn Sale will run from Wednesday, Nov 27 until Tuesday, Dec 3. The Steam Holiday Sale will run from Thursday, December 19 until Thursday, January 2. Please DO NOT make the dates of the Sales public." computerandvideogames

LOL good job.

One of those games is Dark Souls II. With the GFWL removal patch incoming for the first, I know now that I'll eventually be playing the second game so I might as well pick it up during the sale.

Honestly, just play the first and forget that the second one exists. The DLC may be better from what I've heard, but the base game was really, really disappointing to me (and this is me being a huge fan of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls).

It felt lazy, essentially, and lacked the magic that the previously mentioned titles had. With the first game using Steamworks, it pretty much surpasses the second one in every single way from a pure gameplay standpoint.

If it's, like, 10 bucks I could maybe see it, but I doubt it'll be going that low. I'd just play the first and then buy the second when it's cheaper if you feel you really must play it. That's just my 2 cents, though, so feel free to ignore it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Honestly, just play the first and forget that the second one exists. The DLC may be better from what I've heard, but the base game was really, really disappointing to me (and this is me being a huge fan of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls).

It felt lazy, essentially, and lacked the magic that the previously mentioned titles had. With the first game using Steamworks, it pretty much surpasses the second one in every single way from a pure gameplay standpoint.

If it's, like, 10 bucks I could maybe see it, but I doubt it'll be going that low. I'd just play the first and then buy the second when it's cheaper if you feel you really must play it. That's just my 2 cents, though, so feel free to ignore it.

I've heard that quite a bit actually. I think my want to purchase the sequel has more to do with me wanting to reward the dev for removing GFWL from the first - but since I've played neither and haven't heard the nicest of things about the second that plants it firmly in a 50% off or more category for me.

Hot damn, that giveaway. And free for all too?! Fuzzification is a crazy person.

So I'm just curious, anybody know if there's any kind of minimum waiting time before an update can go live? I check Dark Souls on SteamDB every day, and I always get excited when I see a new change, and spend the rest of the day hoping the patch goes live... Especially the closer we get to the end of November.

For what it's worth, the Autumn Sale and Winter Sale discounts will be the same, so if you see something you want as a Daily/Flash Sale/Community's Choice/etc. you're not potentially setting yourself up for disappointment by jumping on it. That said, some games skip the Autumn Sale and are only discounted during the Winter Sale (e.g. the latest AssCreed).

Makes sense. If the discounts are the same, I'm better off leaving them for winter since I'll probably be spending a bunch on Black Friday sales. I won't have much time to play anything until halfway through December.

Nabs

I'm so hyped for another Dark Souls co-op run. I hope it won't be too difficult to find each other in game. The GFWL mod eventually made it easy to manage.

It's interesting to see how many first timers there are every sale. I guess my assumption that most of gaf knew about the best deals in gaming is wrong. It's going to be fun seeing all the posts about getting something at 50% only for it to be a daily for 66-75%.

JaseC

This will probably be the first Winter Sale where I'll have a decent amount of money to spend. The more I think about it, the more excited I get.

is everything on the store on sale just like the winter sale?

Virtually everything, yes.

Where are you getting your keys from? I'll stock some for purchase during sales and other events.

Liezryou sells CS:GO keys for $2 a piece. I don't know if Sub-Zero has resumed key trading (last I spoke to him, which was a month or two ago now, he was waiting for PayPal to unlock his account), but if he has you should be able to pick up TF2 keys for $1.90 each.

$h@d0w

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me ($h@d0w, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-4C4F98892465B761 - Taken by Smash88. 1 entrants total.

t1416736864z1.png

Freeeeee.

This killing/combat in This War of Mine is brutal. The actual mechanics are kind of clunky, but it just looks and feels brutal. Stealth killing with a knife isn't some fancy Splinter Cell throat slit; you take the guy down and just stab him a few times.

Very tense as well. Was clearing out the church of bandits, took two nights. The first to see how many people were there and get some glimpses inside when one would go in after patrolling. Second night, I got in, fumbled a stealth kill and sent a guy plummeting two stories off a ledge with a shotgun blast. Stabbed the guy that ran upstairs to investigate, and take his partner down with a few shotgun rounds.

Spyware

This will probably be the first Winter Sale where I'll have a decent amount of money to spend. The more I think about it, the more excited I get.
Same situation for me. Not gonna be able to buy anything this autumn sale but I can splurge during the winter sale :D

Khronico

OOF. 5 (?) days till the sale and I have an unhealthily large wishlist. I'll prioritize some games though. Thinking:

1. Trails
2. Age of Decadence
3. Dead State
4. Space Engineers
5. Starpoint Gemini 2
6. Valiant Hearts

As my must buys. I highly doubt that any of them except space engineers will get a substantial discount =/

Anteater

hmm cool, I forgot about the cop missions in nfs hot pursuit so I'm kind of only done with half of the game.

So other than hot pursuit what other nfs games are worth getting from last gen? Are Shift 1 and 2 that different?

Yeah I haven't heard anything since its announcement last month. It's been over a month now and December is creeping up, I'm curious when do we do this, so I don't lose my save file.

I'm going to assume you are being sarcastic?
Your assumption is correct. But I sure will miss 60fps :(

They can take all the time in the world for all I care! (i.e. as long as GFWL is up)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really hoping that Sunless Sea gets a good discount, hopefully $9.99 or under. If Halfway gets a good sale price I'd pick up that too. Those are really the only things that I would pick up as soon as possible, would have to wait and see on others.

Oh, and Fading Hearts, but that probably won't happen considering the past lack of sales.

Khronico

Only Wolfenstein 2014 is on my "must buy" this winter.

It should be on everyone's must buy list. I just finished it on my ps3 like ten minutes ago and it was fantastic. Best singleplayer shooter I've played in quite some time
since metro last light
and definitely on my GOTY list.

JaseC

I'll have to remember to buy Cladun X2. It hasn't been discounted since the Winter Sale of 2012, so I keep forgetting it exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom