• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
oh nothin much just rekkkkkkkkin it

iblb1g8rLAjWCv.gif

how's the online? I need to GET IN

aku:jiki

Arms Dealer feels pretty tacky and tasteless to me. Arms dealers are some of the by far worst people on Earth, but the trailer is all like "BUY NOW! COLLECT 100 UNIQUE BADASS WEAPONS! UNLOCKABLE CAMOS! GOLD AK-47! GUNS! GUNS! GUNS!"

What I'm saying is fuck you America.

You're not the only one -- I'm in ass kicked section. And please do enter.

+1 for the "gets their ass kicked" category...I entered

I usually stuck with doing the training and stuff mostly on console. SF is one of those games where I am completely and utterly terrible at playing but still like playing the game.

Shadownet

Banned
Just saw a video of a guy who raised the level of 5 Orcs into max level. Made them Warchiefs, mind control all of them and with one press of a button, killed them all at once.

It was amazing. Probably took him a long time to raise those Orcs to max level.

Tellaerin

Arms Dealer feels pretty tacky and tasteless to me. Arms dealers are some of the by far worst people on Earth, but the trailer is all like "BUY NOW! COLLECT 100 UNIQUE BADASS WEAPONS! UNLOCKABLE CAMOS! GOLD AK-47! GUNS! GUNS! GUNS!"

Because every American is a gun-obsessed douchebag, right? Please, tell us how you really feel.

Also, I think this gentleman would like a word with you.

Miguel81

I usually stuck with doing the training and stuff mostly on console. SF is one of those games where I am completely and utterly terrible at playing but still like playing the game.

lDNAg0W.png

All the way back to Street Fighter 2 SNES, for me.

JustLynx

Just saw a video of a guy who raised the level of 5 Orcs into max level. Made them Warchiefs, mind control all of them and with one press of a button, killed them all at once.

what's the highest level u can get them to?
you can just advance time and get them there tbh, not that hard

wagamer

Tekken is the only fighting game I'm "good" at, mostly because Tekken 3 was my favorite game on PS1 and I still remember many of the combos and juggling moves. I'm terrible at SF though and would like to play it, but I get frustrated very quickly. If I win my own copy I think I'll keep playing at least until I see if there's at least some hope left for me.

Dr Dogg

I've just got an image of Salsa in a dark den, recording Smash with a phone somehow stuffed in his mouth. That or Salsa is an Octopus and not a Shark.

Now that you've finished the base game have you had a look at the Challenge Mode? I know a few of them come with the Season Pass but I think one was with the preorder bundle which I think was called The Test of Power. Essentially it's the Nemesis System but with set goals (like kill 5 Captains and 1 Warchief) and with option objectives like completing in under a set time or to achieve you're kills a certain way. Then after you've cleared it you're give a score and popped onto a leaderboard (which knowing how they work on Steam is probably already hacked). Although it takes some nob from the Batman games because how the Nemesis System works I can see quite a bit of replayability there. Well to folks who buy the DLC of course :\

Tellaerin

You know, there's been a lot of negativity, sniping, veiled references and other bullshit flying around the thread lately. Since people don't seem willing to name names publicly, I'll just say that if anyone here has an issue with me, come take it up with me in PMs.

You know, there's been a lot of negativity, sniping, veiled references and other bullshit flying around the thread lately. Since people don't seem willing to name names publicly, I'll just say that if anyone here has an issue with me, come take it up with me in PMs.
Fite me irl

1v1

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized that I've been playing the Binding of Issac over the past year (20+ hours) in small window and in low detail... I've been squinting at my laptop screen for no reason.
------------------------------------------------
Unrelated note, I graduated from university today/yesterday! Time to play some games/think about what to play (I usually end up not playing anything as a result).

Congrats!

Since we're posting gifs of random games, i'm posting this here since it actually has a chance to release on pc/steam unlike a certain other game.

HYPEEEEE :O

Miss tekken a lot!

I do fucking dread having to play it with my xbox360 gamepad on the pc... thing's useless in those games.

Tellaerin

Since we're posting gifs of random games, i'm posting this here since it actually has a chance to release on pc/steam unlike a certain other game.

HYPEEEEE :O

I'd prefer a Soul Cali on Steam myself, but failing that, I'd be more than happy with Tekken.

Shadownet

Banned
Now that you've finished the base game have you had a look at the Challenge Mode? I know a few of them come with the Season Pass but I think one was with the preorder bundle which I think was called The Test of Power. Essentially it's the Nemesis System but with set goals (like kill 5 Captains and 1 Warchief) and with option objectives like completing in under a set time or to achieve you're kills a certain way. Then after you've cleared it you're give a score and popped onto a leaderboard (which knowing how they work on Steam is probably already hacked). Although it takes some nob from the Batman games because how the Nemesis System works I can see quite a bit of replayability there. Well to folks who buy the DLC of course :

I actually have not touch anything but the Story Mode. But I'm going to give it a try tomorrow and I'll post my thought of it on here :) I really hope the Season Pass will offer some more story content. Though from what I've heard, rumor is that there will be story mission where you get to fight
Sauron :O

I got beef with you. Its time we take care of this. No more waiting!
bring drink and buns. I'll make us some burgers.

Will the Steam app for Android ever be fixed so that it doesn't open itself up randomly?

I have the app for Android as well but i don't think I've encounter that problem. I have a Galaxy S5.

Though sometimes I do forget to log out of mobile and I keep receiving messages on my phone even though I am on my computer. So maybe that might be why?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

You do realize who manufactures the AK range of guns, right? Or the breath of countries that export as many arms and licences as possible?

aku:jiki

You do realize who manufactures the AK range of guns, right? Or the breath of countries that export as many arms and licences as possible?
That rebuttal makes no sense in response to what I was saying. When Mikhail Kalashnikov designed the 47, he never intended for it to be gold-plated and studded with diamonds.

Miguel81

I've been staying the hell away from the Alien Isolation and TEW threads. It's just better to go in blind. Just a couple of gifs here and there are enough to satiate my curiosity. Anyway, Steam has been great getting the best out of my internet speeds for downloads. Resi 4, Rome II(free weekend), and Doom 3 BFG surprised me as I hadn't downloaded in awhile.

BTW, thank you Jshackles for bringing that horrible 8-bit gradient on Steam to my attention...Yuck. Am patiently waiting for the update.

Vazduh

For those who are too lazy to use VPN:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Arms Dealer -- MB-A5E239938BDF790F - Taken by Jadax
Arms Dealer #2 -- MB-457717534D0DA11A - Taken by hepburn3d

Saty

Now, Valve has updated the terms of its service and said that curators who have been paid to put games in those lists must disclose that fact. The rule reads, in full:

If you’ve accepted money or other compensation for making a product review or for posting a recommendation, you must disclose this fact in your recommendation.
Also, according to Gunpoint developer Tom Francis, developers can now themselves curate which curators appear on their game's store page.
http://gamasutra.com/view/news/226982/Now_Steam_Curators_must_disclose_paidfor_recommendations.php

Arthea

Jack Lumber or unprecedented violence against wood and animal life.
That's actually not true about animal life, if you hit an animal, you fail, while if you hit wood you are fine and dandy. Where is greenpeace branch of protecting wood?!

Anyway, it's a port of an iOS game. The story is silly, what one would expect from such a game, and gameplay consist of cutting things by some rules. There are unlockables and a lot of them, you can make your cabin look prettier, also you can click on collected animals to roll them over and over, that's so silly, it's sort of funny.
But controls are iffy, or strange. All your cutting exercises are timed, as I mentioned earlier there are rules to follow. Now, cuts seem to register consistently only if you cut at certain speed, at least it surely seems so, and at such speed you ran out of time in more complex cutting patterns. Seems like a major flaw? Probably that explains why most lumberjacks ignore this game. OTOH there are unlockables, and some of them may alter time, I haven't unlocked enough of them to be sure.
All in all, I think we need a better wood cutting game, even if Jack Lumber has its moments.

Dr Dogg

I actually have not touch anything but the Story Mode. But I'm going to give it a try tomorrow and I'll post my thought of it on here :) I really hope the Season Pass will offer some more story content. Though from what I've heard, rumor is that there will be story mission where you get to fight
Sauron :O

Oooohhh nice! Of course I already bit the bullet thanks to jshacks and my Idle Master money but I was happy with the content that the Arkham Origin SP delivered.

From MGS PC thread and Igromir show.

Get ready SteamGAF.

Just in time for a Steam Autumn/Fall Sale first day discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom