• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Welp, no change. Can't be cause of Pixelvision cause I had it before and no tearing. This thing litterally happened when I changed my graphic cards.

Have you tried reversing the polarity of the interplexing beacon?

>.>

<.<

I know how to turn on a computer...

Deques

Tarma_double_HMG.gif

Playfire rewards for Metal Slug X
METAL SLUG X - unlock 200 TOMBS - £0.10
METAL SLUG X - unlock HERO - £0.10

derExperte

Congrats! You continue to have the best country in the world! Meanwhile mine is trying to split itself up!

Was there any rumblings about a sale for today? Would love to pick up some German Adventure games.

Well it's not like we don't have a few people who were or are still unhappy about the reunification, some dickwads are always trying to spoil the party.

And while a sale would've been a good idea it probably would have started yesterday. But who knows.

We really love that guy.
Not even kidding, Knight Rider was my favorite TV show in the 80s, fuck the A-Team.

Arthea

Well it's not like we don't have a few people who were or are still unhappy about the reunification, some dickwads are always trying to spoil the party.

And while a sale would've been a good idea it probably would have started yesterday. But who knows.

We really love that guy.
Not even kidding, Knight Rider was my favorite TV show in the 80s, fuck the A-Team.
I wonder why we have no german sales when we have french and canadianfrench ones. French is love?

I liked Knight Rider too, not that I'm admitting that in public

Copons

One of my biggest regret ever in the universe, is that earlier this year, while I was in Berlin, if I had waited a couple of hours to visit Checkpoint Charlie, I would have seen this:

click for more images and stuff written in an obscure language

I mean, I saw this very picture on tv in the subway shortly after, my heart was shattered in thousands pieces and I've yet to recover.

derExperte

You are dead to me :'(

And stop boosting the cliche that we love David Hasselhoff :p

I think it's time to stand up and admit the truth.
It's mostly 'awww that poor guy nobody cares about, let's give him at least some attention until he goes away'.

click for more images and stuff written in an obscure language

"Brustfell wie ein Bergpuma"

Enough internet for me today.

Arthea

Day One

for GZ

FF13 was my last preoder this year, I think, unless Korra's price is too much to withstand. We still don't know price, or do we?

All signs point to $15.

ya, I remember seeing this mentioned, but I'm in euroland, so I'm interested in other price, we don't know yet.

I thought it would be full retail price? This is Acti we're talking about here lol

that's what I'm afraid of, actually (><)

I was just away for a few days from the Net and then I've missed that Paradox Platinum thingy.

Atleast I've confirmed that I don't cancer but have a high risk of a possible heart attack. That's great maybe?

not less insane than 60&#8364; for Transformers, although they dropped base price of all games except Fall, I think.

I don't know. Those games are pretty big full featured 3rd person shooters. But as I understand it the Korra game is a smaller downloadable game. Outside of typical Euro nonsense prices I recall it being around £30 when it was out in the UK. Might have been £40 though which is less cool but still understandable.

Whats the inside scoop on that Ground Zeroes price?

Nothing yet but with the announcement I would expect it to be purchasable pretty soon. I'll guess Konami will screw us and charge $30/£20 for it. But I'd be extremely grateful if it was $20/£15.

dex3108

Uplay 4.8 Update is live. When you start Ubisoft game from Steam you will be asked to login and there will be checkbox that you can check and Steam/Uplay accounts will be linked.

I don't know. Those games are pretty big full featured 3rd person shooters. But as I understand it the Korra game is a smaller downloadable game. Outside of typical Euro nonsense prices I recall it being around £30 when it was out in the UK. Might have been £40 though which is less cool but still understandable.

Nothing yet but with the announcement I would expect it to be purchasable pretty soon. I'll guess Konami will screw us and charge $30/£20 for it. But I'd be extremely grateful if it was $20/£15.

$20 is what I'm hoping for, but honestly I would pay $30 if that's what they charged. I'm dying to play this game.

derExperte

After putting all my extensive German knowledge at work
basically letting Google translate "brust" and "fell" separately)
, now I demand to know the context for that sentence.

Basically 'chest fur like a mountain cougar' because, well, he has a hairy chest and runs around with too many shirt buttons opened.

Uplay 4.8 Update is live. When you start Ubisoft game from Steam you will be asked to login and there will be checkbox that you can check and Steam/Uplay accounts will be linked.

No checkbox for me, tried it with Valiant Hearts and nothing changed. Will investigate further.

Yakkue

I thought you celebrated Berlin Wall coming down day instead, and I remember vaguely that there is some game based on it too.

We don't. "Berlin Wall coming down day" was on the 9th November 1989. The same day in 1939 was the Reichskristallnacht, so it can never be used as a day for celebration.
There is a video game about it though.
--
I just started FFXIV. Quite fun but I'm not really convinced yet that it'll pull me in for the long term.
Also finished FFIV a couple of days ago, but I forgot to
steal Dark Matter
from the final boss. Ah well, I'll just have to remember to repeat that battle again if I ever want to replay it.

Miguel81

Uplay(solo) client has Blood Dragon on bottom to buy - links to Steam.

Edit: Seems the bottom banner is a direct link to Steam store purchase.

Dr Dogg

Just reading through the benefits of linking your Steam account to Uplay and outside of not having to remember your Uplay credentials (which mine are always remembered on the two PCs I have it installed) there's nothing else going on. So for me it's kind of pointless and another thing to go wrong on Ubisoft's end.

derExperte

Just reading through the benefits of linking your Steam account to Uplay and outside of not having to remember your Uplay credentials (which mine are always remembered on the two PCs I have it installed) there's nothing else going on. So for me it's kind of pointless and another thing to go wrong on Ubisoft's end.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...30-09-2014?p=10253044&viewfull=1#post10253044

Yeah, it sounds very useless, I kinda hoped Uplay wouldn't pop up anymore at all.

No yeah, I already got the meaning, but... are you confirming that in that article there is an entire paragraph titled "chest fur like a mountain cougar" that actually talks about how the Hoff has too many shirt buttons open? :D

I can confirm that this is the case. Okay, maybe only half a paragraph but still. Germany wants to know all the gritty details, that's how we roll.

Copons

Basically 'chest fur like a mountain cougar' because, well, he has a hairy chest and runs around with too many shirt buttons opened.

No yeah, I already got the meaning, but... are you confirming that in that article there is an entire paragraph titled "chest fur like a mountain cougar" that actually talks about how the Hoff has too many shirt buttons open? :D

I can confirm that this is the case.

Then I must speed up my German lessons.

Dr Dogg

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...30-09-2014?p=10253044&viewfull=1#post10253044

Yeah, it sounds very useless, I kinda hoped Uplay wouldn't pop up anymore at all.

Well I didn't think they were ever going to kill it will a client update but I'd have liked if it offered the ability to share information with Steam (with my consent of course) like friends lists and chat options maybe even going to the lengths of not having to input a key into Uplay ever again and it authorised permissions through Steam so when Uplay inevitably is down on a big game launch it would just start up no fuss. But the integration is bare bones at best.

Arthea

We don't. "Berlin Wall coming down day" was on the 9th November 1989. The same day in 1939 was the Reichskristallnacht, so it can never be used as a day for celebration.
There is a video game about it though.
--
I just started FFXIV. Quite fun but I'm not really convinced yet that it'll pull me in for the long term.
Also finished FFIV a couple of days ago, but I forgot to
steal Dark Matter
from the final boss. Ah well, I'll just have to remember to repeat that battle again if I ever want to replay it.

that was a bit of a joke, albeit not very good one

Did you like a remake?

That would be too good to be true but I hoped for it too, naively
then again I hope for Uplay to die every minute now... for past five years (><)

Vuze

What a letdown. I expected it to completly get rid of the Uplay interference. :(
Doesn't really help me then either as I have my Uplay credentials remembered on my PC as well.

I've finally reached the end of Shadow of Mordor after 16 hours, a fun ride it is, a shame there wasn't more LotR lore.

Celebrimbor raising his own army and almost slaying Sauron is so badass. And holy cliffhanger batman!

Jadax

I've finally reached the end of Shadow of Mordor after 16 hours, a fun ride it is, a shame there wasn't more LotR lore.

Celebrimbor raising his own army and almost slaying Sauron is so badass. And holy cliffhanger batman!

I sooooooooooo want to get this game! Can't wait for xmas sale!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Speaking of David Hasslehoff, a few years ago I was given, as a birthday present, his autobiography "Making Waves"

316414.jpg

At the time I worked at a cinema in the projection booth, and so I had a lot of downtime between films starting/stopping and building up prints etc, so I took it in to read. It's genuinely amazing. It goes into detail on how every single aspect of his life that was successful (Night Rider, Baywatch, his following in Germany etc) is almost entirely his own doing, and every single failure (his marriage, Baywatch Nights) was all due to other people and he had no way of making things better. He avoids talking about any extra-marital relationships he may have had and claims to be the most popular television star of all time. He's massively deluded. There's a section where he recaps the death of Princess Diana (he calls her "such a lonely soul"), and he basically suggests at one point that him having a concert on top of the Berlin wall is directly responsible for the wall being torn down and the reunification of Germany. It reads like a parody, but he means it 100%. I heartily recommend it.

FloatOn

it might be because I haven't played a jrpg in so long or it might be that it's actually good.

but guys, I'm enjoying my time with pier solar quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom