• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange Silent Hill Related Teasing??

213372bu

Banned
so all these rumours about TPP and silent hill...so are you trying to tell me the whole konami and kojima falling out was just a marketing stunt after all?

No, more likely that this is being picked up by other people.

Even if the 1-in-a-million chance of Kojima coming back happens, the shit that happened to Koji-Pro was definitely real.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
shaking_head_disgust_keanu_reeves.gif

No.

Pyramid Head Dollars for purchase with real world money for Silent Hill multiplayer confirmed already.

On a serious note, please stop playing with my hopes and dreams Konami.

Heavy chromatic aberration in the first image, definitely FOX Engine :D

Nah, it's someone trolling. They are just photos with CA filters and darkened. Theres no visible polygonal edges, not even a little bit.
Yup. Immediately noticeable looking at the light in the last pic.

levitan

No, more likely that this is being picked up by other people.

Even if the 1-in-a-million chance of Kojima coming back happens, the shit that happened to Koji-Pro was definitely real.

That's true. I remember reading some of that fiasco in Nikkei.

Just imagine this: The whole Kojima-is-leaving was just a facade. He still works for Konami (That would explain why we havent heard anything froom him yet about a new studio etc). He still worked on PT and MGSV. They just wanted PR for the new MGS.

I'm really interested to see how this will play out because either scenario is really kind of crazy - either Kojima is the master of ruses of all time or the backlash for a dumb fan thing is going to be nuts.

Faustek

It's probably just a classics release. Hopefully an archive release for newer consoles though. Been waiting for it since Yuichi started streaming them as well.

But why would Kiefer have this recorded though?

I'm intrigued.

Because it was an easter egg, to be used in MGSV but then got cut?

It's not just from MGS2, the voices you heard in the bloody hallway before you fought Fox in MGS1 said the same thing and the MGS2 Colonel quote was a reference to that.

myco666

so all these rumours about TPP and silent hill...so are you trying to tell me the whole konami and kojima falling out was just a marketing stunt after all?

What TPP rumours? Have I missed something interesting?

Couldn't these pics be from whatever was made for PT before finalizing it or something that was made after PT but before Konami and Kojima incident?

legacyzero

Banned
I'm willing to yell bullshit like everyone else. And yeah, it's far-fetched. But there's one factor in all of this.

It's fucking KOJIMA.

Top Bottom