• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange Silent Hill Related Teasing??

legacyzero

Banned
What MGS V rumor?

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3kbjuq/spoilerish_somethings_coming_on_911/

Beware some MGSV spoilers are in there^^

the one with the plant actually looks like Fox Engine because of the way the mirror is reflecting light and how the plant looks.

The one with the trash can is most convincing to me. The way the bag sticks to the can, and you can see the black color seeping through. What real-world trash bag does that, unless you buy the cheap shit LOL

AppleMIX

I'm willing to yell bullshit like everyone else. And yeah, it's far-fetched. But there's one factor in all of this.

It's fucking KOJIMA.

Really this.

I don't expect anything significant to come out of this but Kojima is the only person who could pull this shit off.

213372bu

Banned
So if all this crazy babble is correct we'll be playing in
New York
?

Sounds cool but doesn't make sense.

Like at all.

liquidtmd

Banned
What MGS V rumor?

People can't accept a shitty ending and that their beloved Kojima has dropped the ball in some ways with the narrative of MGSV so they cling to the belief that some major content patch is coming to show the world Kojima is teh best and even if it doesn't then this actually proves the double secret Ninja theory that Konami somehow vetoed content that somehow makes the story of MGSV infinitely more conclusive and satisfying

Clear?

majik13

Funny you say this. Robert Allen Peeler (community manager) posted this today: https://twitter.com/popcicle/status/642357332333084673

untitledaxj1d.png

#JustSayin

what does the print on the thumb say? Prob nothing, I'm guessing that's the CE arm or something?

Oh god, I really don't want to get my hopes up, but if something big is happening and Kojima and Konami worked out their differences I might just die of happiness.

images.php
the picture with a plant has a SIA tag on it, Sia are a real world plant pot maker.

Chances of Konami forking out the cash just to get a license for the in game plants id pretty much say are zero.

these are real world images with a filter from photoshop

if anything its just more a testament to how good the fox engine is that some pictures and a filter were enough to fool people into thinking this was in engine

EVIL

Those are not in engine shots, they are manipulated photographs. The resolution is one used by Samsung 7mp capable cameras like the SAMSUNG L74 WIDE/ or the much older Samsung i7.

213372bu

Banned
New image just popped up:

Hmmmm. I dunno yall...

I'll bite.

--
In regards to it taking place in
New York

Why would all this supposed Silent Hills teasing happen in the exact same day?

I think it is more likely we will be seeing
New York
post-MGO and seeing Silent Hills info all the way up into TGS.

And that is being overly generous.
--
Hmm. Someone's trying really hard to make these look like they're related to PT. Notice the "are you sure the only you is you?" on the bottom right corner.

I'm not buying it.

lol nvm way too on the nose
--
New York
stuff might happen some point in the not-so-distant-future though

legacyzero

Banned
Like Bruce said, they look real, but with a filter. The toilet looks too realistic.

Kojima:
"We had to purposely lower the graphical fidelity so it wasn't too obvious"
(paraphrase)

just my two cents.

You may be right about them being fake but you are so wrong about those odds. Kojima fucking loves absurd product placement. Makes him feel all fresh and Hollywood.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Kojima has done lots of name brand stuff in his games LOL

EVIL

Kojima:
"We had to purposely lower the graphical fidelity so it wasn't too obvious"
(paraphrase)

just my two cents.

Yeah no, the toilet one even has caustics of the flash reflecting from the toilet. that shit is not possible in this way without ray tracing. Could it be related to silent hill, sure, are they in engine, most definitely not

Guys

The real Silent Hill is this thread

We entered here because of our own pain and transgressions

We entered here out of misplaced hope

And we shall never leave

Top Bottom