• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange Silent Hill Related Teasing??

ViolentP

Guys

The real Silent Hill is this thread

We entered here because of our own pain and transgressions

We entered here out of misplaced hope

And we shall never leave

97sxp3F.jpg

Kojima:
"We had to purposely lower the graphical fidelity so it wasn't too obvious"
(paraphrase)

just my two cents.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Kojima has done lots of name brand stuff in his games LOL

In a world where I can wear Doritos branded merch in 1974 and still use a click wheel iPod in 2014 despite mech technology existing for a half century prior, anythings possible

Whether this is related to Silent Hills or not, this doesn't look in engine. Too many imperfections and too much blurring on stuff like the leaves of the plant and the light on the ceiling spreading to the wall. They look more like heavily edited photos taken from a relatively low quality camera.

brau

Whether this is related to Silent Hills or not, this doesn't look in engine. Too many imperfections and too much blurring on stuff like the leaves of the plant and the light on the ceiling spreading to the wall. They look more like heavily edited photos taken from a relatively low quality camera.

Kojima did say that one of P.Ts challenge was to make it look so perfect.

So who knows? I want to believe.

Danlord

Just took this screenshot of the toilet in PT. It's a different design entirely, and there's very visible polygonal edges prescent, and nowhere near as much CA.

Unless they turned up CA heavily and added some adaptive tessellation to improve the edges of the toilet, I highly doubt it.

RjYCi53.jpg

There's nothing to suggest its real. Why would it be so obvious too with the previous quotes, it's just someone trolling.

Majanew

Banned
Just took this screenshot of the toilet in PT. It's a different design entirely, and there's very visible polygonal edges prescent, and nowhere near as much CA.

Unless they turned up CA heavily and added some adaptive tessellation to improve the edges of the toilet, I highly doubt it.

RjYCi53.jpg

There's nothing to suggest its real. Why would it be so obvious too with the previous quotes, it's just someone trolling.

Well, Kojima did say he made the graphics look a little worse than they would have been so people would think PT was from an indie studio.

Ef61Ov3h.jpg

now we wait...
the other photos also contain hidden messages and one of them says..the only me is me.
If this is a joke or some indie rip-off then i will flip.
the poster is now quoting metal gear solid 2...
An Anenome or Clematis plant's juice can cause a rash. When pruning them it's a good idea to wear gloves. //

Laranja

Ef61Ov3h.jpg

now we wait...
the other photos also contain hidden messages and one of them says..the only me is me.
If this is a joke or some indie rip-off then i will flip

Yeah, I posted some other "clues" I found on the previous page.

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with Silent Hills. The hidden messages are too eager to establish a connection between the images and PT for it to be true.

cchum

Ok. Please dont kill me, but I found this to be too compelling to just let it fall under bullshit. You make the call.

Some reddit user is posting strange screenshots in r/SilentHill along with cryptic japanese words related to happening in the MGSV Spoiler thread (Reddit rumor saying SOMETHING MGS is supposed to happen today. It's worth a read IMO. *MGSV SPOILERS IN THERE*).

The shots look to be in engine shots, AND look kinda like Fox Engine (notice the transparency in the trash bag photo)

Shots below:

I'd ususally yell "BULLSHIT" but those shots....

Call Pyramid Head if old/bullshit.

EDIT: Credit to @arsenic13

EDIT2: The Japanese words in question, spoken by Keifer Sutherland: https://soundcloud.com/gboon/file0372
There's a tape called 204863 during the beginning of
child soldiers
. I actually have that captured if anyone wants me to upload. I also heard the radio chat during a side op. Maybe it's pulling a psycho mantis and looking at saves. PT me if old.

Right now I'm going to treat this as remnants of what was going to be a massive Silent Hill ARG that tied the world's of MGS and SH, through Nano Machines.

- J - D -

This is a lose-lose situation for me.

Either it's fake and we're not getting a new Silent Hill.

Or it's real and we're getting a Silent Hill in the stylings of PT/Kojima/Del Torro.

Neither situation is pleasing. Honestly though I don't think they'd continue using the PT aesthetic.

Top Bottom