• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 Character Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

I was wondering why no one has thought about the new character art for Street Fighter 5 isn't a character hint with the different colored streaks. To the far left next to Birdie there is a black color streak and to the far right there is a orange color to it. It looks like if the characters were just taken out of the art and the colors remain as a hint for the next reveal.

pTI2cRw.jpg

I brought this up in the other Street Fighter 5 thread and a lot of people thought I was on to something. So I made a this thread for more speculation on it.

Reset

You can play SFV at six flags, and if you look at the six flags' logo you'll see there's a bunch of red. This confirms Ken.
Plus that red streak on the right is obviously for Ken.

What if black is Morrigan?

Darkstalkers isn't dead or something

EDIT: Seriously that'd be a pretty solid EVO announcement. If they've added Final Fight characters before, why not? New moves/abilities seem way over the top anyways

maomaoIYP

The green streak oozing from the splotchy zombie face dude looks like a warped face. Maybe if we reverse warp zoom in and enhance we'll see someone.

zlatko

Banned
ITT everyone sees the characters they want revealed next.

Yeah if this is meant to be a "hint" at reveals, it's dog shit.

I can literally pick any character and plop them in for that color.

I mean Nash has green? Why not yellow, or sky blue for his boom color? Cammy's color is what? It's not green...should be green right? Ryu's is..black? Should be white, right?

Yeah no way you will guess the appropriate character to color since they aren't doing matches for each character.

Alex and Karin confirmed though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cammy's is a red and royal blue which has little to nothing to do with her character. You can't infer shit from this.

EDIT: Seriously that'd be a pretty solid EVO announcement. If they've added Final Fight characters before, why not? New moves/abilities seem way over the top anyways

I'm believing this even though it won't happen. Would be hype.

Shackzam

Cammy's is a red and royal blue which has little to nothing to do with her character. You can't infer shit from this.

Cammy's color is related to the Union Jack's colors. Kind of dumb of a character relation, but it still relates to the character.

jerry1594

You can play SFV at six flags, and if you look at the six flags' logo you'll see there's a bunch of red. This confirms Ken.
Plus that red streak on the right is obviously for Ken.
Nope, Ken died. RIP. Mel Masters is probably like 21 at this point in the timeline.

deec1f42adfe11e3b8b60af705758581_6.jpg

Black, yellow, red, darkblue, probably every other color in the rainbow, too.

She's going to be the seventh and final member of the roster.

Yeah I don't think you'll able to guess correctly. Cammy has Union Jack colors in her streak and Bison has the color of his powers in his streak. Is too inconsistent to tell.

They might as well not release it then. No one wants to play a SF without Ken. Destined for failure. :(
A very assertive link says he isn't in. Probably DLC later.

Morrigan is DLC tier, if she had a shot. She doesn't, though, because she would wreck the game. Any Darkstalkers character would.

Darkstalkers got canceled. It is dead.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cammy's color is related to the Union Jack's colors. Kind of dumb of a character relation, but it still relates to the character.
You're right on this one. I just thought the black was an extension of Birdie's stuff, as the right kind of looked like Cammy's colours doubling over.

Nope, Ken died. RIP. Mel Masters is probably like 21 at this point in the timeline.
Nash died too tho

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I'd guess the next two are Urien and Blanka or Urien and Karin. Let's all pray for the latter.

If they do add Blanka (Which I don't see happening unless Ono bent over backwards to force it) he will play nothing like he has before and I'm guessing they will aim to make him where he is not hated like in SFIV haha.

Shackzam

Someone in the other street fighter 5 thread suggested that the orange was Oro and seemed like a really good fit since Birdie has taken yellow as the color. But there can be other characters that fit these conditions, but I don't think the color on the right is red at all.

zlatko

Banned
Unfortunately I doubt Guy would be in this. He's probably the #1 guy (heh) I want in this game, but he's not that popular.. Could be dlc though like for SFxT but I won't get my hopes up..

People were mad hyped for him when Super was announced.

Then we got Super and he was ass, so people quickly forgot about him.

He was a MONSTER in alpha... so he would be well done in this game.

I'm all for him coming back too in this game engine.

Zukuu

Banned
I think we will see most of the characters from the Alpha series return, that were neither in SF 4 nor in SFxT:

Eagle
Birdie
Ingrid
Julie/Juni (possible left out due to similarities to Cammy)
Karin
Maki
Nash
R. Mika
Sodom

Seeing what a big Mika fan Ono is she is very likely to be in. I think the highly fan requested character Karin will also be in (which kinda rules out the inclusion of Ingrid imo). From the rest, Eagle and Sodom are possibilities with Sodom being more likely.

Alex is in it a 100% as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom