• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 Character Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I've cracked the code:

Ryu + Chun = Two Icons of SF makes sense to show them off from get go.

Charlie = Returning Alpha character

M.Bison = SF classic icon

Birdie = Returning Alpha character

Urian = Returning SF3 character

Ken = SF classic icon

--No more returning SF2 characters--

Two new characters...etc

Giolon

If they don't bring Juri back, I'm done with Street Fighter.

Ok, that's probably not true but I will be extremely disappointed

Sesha

Unfortunately I doubt Guy would be in this. He's probably the #1 guy (heh) I want in this game, but he's not that popular.. Could be dlc though like for SFxT but I won't get my hopes up..

I have a feeling that any character that isn't super popular and featured in iteration of SF4 + SFxT or SSF4 and onwards + SFxT could be on the chopping block.

But I thought Guy was popular. I guess if he isn't it would make a lot of sense to replace him with Maki. She'd be returning for the first time in a decade, she'd make her real SF debut (since she was ported over from CvS2 to a port of SFA3), and she'd be filling the jogging drop-kicking izuna-dropping ninja slot.

pizzacat

Banned
I have a feeling that any character that isn't super popular and featured in iteration of SF4 + SFxT or SSF4 and onwards + SFxT could be on the chopping block.

But I thought Guy was popular. I guess if he isn't it would make a lot of sense to replace him with Maki. She'd be returning for the first time in a decade, she'd make her real SF debut (since she was ported over from CvS2 to a port of SFA3), and she'd be filling the jogging drop-kicking izuna-dropping ninja slot.
in what universe is guy popular? Not even the most popular FF guy

Ryce

I don't buy the "Ken is cut" rumor. He's the second most popular character in the series and has been in every single installment to date. He and Ryu are the only characters with perfect attendance.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I don't buy the "Ken is cut" rumor. He's the second most popular character in the series and has been in every single installment to date. He and Ryu are the only characters with perfect attendance.

I agree Ken will be in it. Capcom want to impress everyone with a 3D Ken model that matches the sexy, sleek, godtier design he had in 3S.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I've cracked the code:

Ryu + Chun = Two Icons of SF makes sense to show them off from get go.

Charlie = Returning Alpha character

M.Bison = SF classic icon

Birdie = Returning Alpha character

Urian = Returning SF3 character

Ken = SF classic icon

--No more returning SF2 characters--

Two new characters...etc

Birdie is SF1 character, and we would have 4 newcomers. Just point it out.

9dc2cf2baafd58052afc699efd99f973.jpg

I'm down for adult Sakura.

Biker19

Banned
They might as well not release it then. No one wants to play a SF without Ken. Destined for failure. :(

All it would really take is for Gouki/Akuma to appear to make Ken irrelevant, just like in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3/Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

They both share the same specials along with Gouki/Akuma & Ken sharing one super art move.

They need to at least have one SF4 character, one SFEX character, one character from Street Fighter the movie the game and one character from rival schools

-Eddman-

My theory right now is that Ken won't be in the launch roster because he will be the main feature of the first DLC pack, Super version, expansion or whatever they are already planning.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
My theory right now is that Ken won't be in the launch roster because he will be the main feature of the first DLC pack, Super version, expansion or whatever they are already planning.

Dude the millions and millions of Ken fans would fucking rage hard if they did this.

You'd have Maximillion who would be leading the charge.

I'd personally be fine with it, but people don't understand how loved he is and how many Ken fans would annoy the fuck out of Capcom and Combo if he was not added from the get go also trash the game on social media, forums etc etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ken isn't in the initial roster, but I know he'll be added eventually. Probably headlining the first expansion.

vg260

I'm not convinced those streaks mean anything, really However, just to play along, assuming all the streaks were supposed to have similar color balance, I don't think there's supposed to be orange in those streaks on the right, but the red hues are off. Check out Cammy's artwork. Looks more red than the group pic, which looks more orange and is pretty much the same shade as the far right one.
street-fighter-5-cammy.jpg

Messing with the red channels in photoshop (and ignoring the characters) affects Cammy's streak, the far right one, and the highlight color in the far left black one. Tweaking the orange-ish hue in Cammy's streak to more red makes the far right one look more standard red/yellow (i.e. Ken), and the far left one more black/violet. So. if we're making over-analyzed predictions, I'm going with Ken and Rose.

ITT everyone sees the characters they want revealed next.
Yeah, pretty much.

Jawmuncher

If they don't bring Juri back, I'm done with Street Fighter.

Ok, that's probably not true but I will be extremely disappointed

In the same boat. However she was top 5 or 10 in the official polling and was the number one SF4 character votes. I would think they wouldn't throw her out with credentials like that. Though whether she's a from the beginning or DLC is the real question.

Difficult game to guess from the colours. Just look at the current roster..they have nothing do with the colours coming from them.
Bison wearing red? purple ink!
Cammy wears green and red? Better use Blur and White for her ink.

They could be Blanka with his much connection they have.

In the same boat. However she was top 5 or 10 in the official polling and was the number one SF4 character votes. I would think they wouldn't throw her out with credentials like that. Though whether she's a from the beginning or DLC is the real question.

I got to have her and Viper. My third main Hakan, I'm extremely worried about.

Ferrio

Banned
Difficult game to guess from the colours. Just loom at the others...they have nothing do with the colours coming from them.
Bison wearing red? purple ink!
Cammy wears green and red? Better use Blur and White for her ink.

They could be Blanka with his much connection they have.

Purple for bison's psycho power. Cammy's colors from the union jack.

petghost

Banned
Is there charge partitioning in this? If he's not a charge character in this game that would be fuckin lame.

David said no charge partitioning. Doubt he tested for it Maybe he asked combo bout it. He did say charge time is a lot faster though.not gg charge time fast tho.

Karin please.....wonder how she would years after SFAlpha.....

Ingrid would look the same for obvious reasons.
Shes a time traveling girl
would be nice to have her too.

People do realize it's supposed to be "chi" colors and not costume colors, right? That's why Bison's is purple, even though he doesn't have a scrap of purple on him.

petghost

Banned
Dunno how I feel about that. Gonna not have any expectations til I see it.

This Is off the topic of the thread but do you the think the 3s designers were aware of charge partitioning? Some chars in that game would be so different without it.

Dude the millions and millions of Ken fans would fucking rage hard if they did this.

You'd have Maximillion who would be leading the charge.

I'd personally be fine with it, but people don't understand how loved he is and how many Ken fans would annoy the fuck out of Capcom and Combo if he was not added from the get go also trash the game on social media, forums etc etc.
They just don't understand how big the Flowchart army is man...

I kinda want Capcom to do something like this just to see the rage. If you want every character different, just make Ken different. I would be pretty pissed if he is even the first DLC like some after-thought character. Ken is essential to SF story and IMO, is much more important than even Akuma.

Still, the way Charlie plays, he's seems like a rushdown, mix-up character that feels Ken's shoes (at least his SF4 iteration) so I wouldn't be surprised if Mel or some Ken replacement is in. I truly wouldn't be there at launch though, can't play without my boy, it's my SF tradition at this point. I even rocked Ken when he was low tier in vanilla and Sagat kept Ultra'in me for 80% health!

jerry1594

This Is off the topic of the thread but do you the think the 3s designers were aware of charge partitioning? Some chars in that game would be so different without it.
I think so. Cause of the rushdown nature of the game and that charge characters would be significantly worse without it. Plus I think Frank West can charge partition zombies in mvc3, so that makes me think it was a deliberate design choice from capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom