• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 Character Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoxPop

My wishlist

Sodom
Haggar
Sakura
Alex
Sean
Skullomania
Doctrine Dark
Batsu
Shoma

doubt any of them make it though minus maybe Sakura

IF it is character hints, there really is no way to make an educated guess as to who they'll be.

Btw, this game is confirmed to have less characters than previous titles. Unfortunate, but also expected with the new V-system.

What if black is Morrigan?

Darkstalkers isn't dead or something

EDIT: Seriously that'd be a pretty solid EVO announcement. If they've added Final Fight characters before, why not? New moves/abilities seem way over the top anyways

It's SFV not Capcom All Stars.

That and I am sick of Morrigan being every where if you are going to use Darkstalkers characters try someone else.

That one on the far right is probably...

SFA3_Sodom.gif

Right has gotta be Ken. You can't have a Street Fighter without Ken, right?

I'm thinking only two more 'old' characters and the rest are new.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I don't think there is any chance that we will see SFEX character in SFV. Capcom don't own the rights.

However, they did not own the rights to strider but they ended up making a deal to put him in UMVC3.

Skullomania would please so many people and it would be awesome of them to add him.

@plasmawave: I'd love to see Sodom make it. People that played him in Alpha series know how awesome he is!!! He would be hype.

Dremark

Banned
Karin please.....wonder how she would years after SFAlpha.....

Daughter of a rich family and involved in their business after finishing school so knowing Capcom she'll be wearing a school uniform.

Realistically wearing a suit or something would be more appropriate considering where the character would likely be on the timeline though.

Shadoken

Urien and Ken would be amazing.

in what universe is guy popular? Not even the most popular FF guy

What? He's in the top 20,25 of the lists everytime. And more so in Japan.

Also part of his recent dip in popularity is because of how bad he was ported to SF4. He was hyped up alot before SSF4.

But yea with SF5 having just a 16 player roster. Nobody is confirmed. Guy is a very unique character and will easily make it into the other iterations.

Urien and Ken would be amazing.

What? He's in the top 20,25 of the lists everytime. And more so in Japan.

Also part of his recent dip in popularity is because of how bad he was ported to SF4. He was hyped up alot before SSF4.

But yea with SF5 having just a 16 player roster. Nobody is confirmed. Guy is a very unique character and will easily make it into the other iterations.

I do hope you're right. He is my second in SFIV.

Though I won't be devestated if he doesn't appear - there's plenty of other cool characters who don't get enough lime light to plug in.

I-hate-u

I am astounded how they haven't shown new characters yet. Wasn't Abel one of the first characters announced for SF4? He was the third character revealed after Ryu and Ken.

Afrikan

The Main character I use in USF4 is Dee Jay, so I pray he is in it. Doubt it will happen early on though.

he is fun as hell to use.

I am astounded how they haven't shown new characters yet. Wasn't Abel one of the first characters announced for SF4? He was the third character revealed after Ryu and Ken.
I think there are three reasons:
1) It kind of makes sense to get through the returning cast first, just so people can find familiar ground.
2) Capcom gets to highlight how changed the returning members are.
3) New characters are often confusing, and it would be harder for players to get a feel for the game.

I think we can expect a newcomer at Evo, though.

SUPARSTARX

I would rather give that slot to something more interesting. Nash ist just too close to Guile for me.

If they really unveil two ST shotos next, that would a a huge disappointement.

I think with the Vtrigger there's room to change their playstyles a bit. But yeah, I probably wouldn't want more than maybe one more shoto for release.

What if they gave Ken the diagonal leg fireball? Lol

I'm sure they're connected to characters, but since most of the revealed roster have colors I wouldn't expect, it's not much of a hint. I'm hoping we do get some new blood for the next reveals, though.

I just want ken and akuma in the game. I don't really care what they do after that. Nee characters, some third strike characters, alpha, whatever. Just add ken and akuma please

I'd love to see Sodom make it. People that played him in Alpha series know how awesome he is!!! He would be hype.

Yup. Sodom is one of my favorite characters from the Alphas. I used to be pretty good with him back in the day. I'm 100% in the hype zone if he is confirmed.

nded

I know and you're right, but I would still like to see an entirely different type of character instead of Guile.

I dunno man, I think Guile's super interesting from a game mechanics standpoint. I'm down for a new charge character though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom