• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 Character Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can probably add a bunch of stuff to the op and all the stuff being speculated around Saturday when I can get back to my pc. Plus the countdown, didn't think this topic would get this much attention lol
Hey, Streetfighter 4 is essentially responsible for reviving the fighting game scene as a whole so any speculation about who's turning up in the sequel is going to grab attention :3

Can someone make countdown timers to when SDCC and EVO start please?
secondapps.com/countdown/
SDCC:
t1436467500z4.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Combofiend's EH interview suggests that we have a newbie reveal coming up soon, probably at SDCC or EVO.

Yeah, I'm excited to see what they would show at SDCC and EVO.

I can probably add a bunch of stuff to the op and all the stuff being speculated around Saturday when I can get back to my pc. Plus the countdown, didn't think this topic would get this much attention lol

Well, this thread became roster discussion rather than talking about the hint, which we already have other thread for that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945766&page=23

ElTopo

Banned
Remind me what some have considered Alex's V-Trigger would be if he were in the game?

I'd guess (since he's a rushdown grappler) either he gets the ability to pass through fireballs, it adjusts the properties of his moves and give him added damage/stun/blockstun, possibly instant charge with more damage, etc.

FloatOn

My top 5 for the reveals at evo:

1. Oro
2. Adon
3. Cody
4. Necro
5. Q

probably not the most popular choices but I enjoy these characters so much.

XenoRaven

Alex starts with his suspenders on, and then when he V-Triggers he takes them down like Kurt Angle about to go for the Ankle Lock.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
super armor on certain moves =)

I hope so because I know that I probably end up playing with Alex once again, like I did with SF3 and TVC.

Alex starts with his suspenders on, and then when he V-Triggers he takes them down like Kurt Angle about to go for the Ankle Lock.

I would be down for that!

At best we might get Hakan and Viper.

But I hope we dont get any from SF4 , they are such a forgettable cast. With Juri being the exception.

I'm not entirely picky with characters, but I always thought Hakan and Juri were great addition to Street Fighter casts. Yeah, I might be biased because I love everything about Hakan.

Razzorn34

"Every character won't have a stage based on them, but we will be staying true to the Street Fighter franchise in bringing new locations throughout the globe to the game in the form of new stages, but there won't be parity between characters and stages.

"If we had to do a stage for every single character, our character roster is going to be a lot smaller," said Dahlgren.

This really blows. I really wish they would bring this back. It made the locations have more meaning to them.

ElFly

Necro would be great in this game. V-Trigger would easily be becoming electric for a while, with extra hits / damage, V-skill would be electric snake for some ranged anti fireball.

Was thinking that, down the line, just like SF4 added a second ultra, SFV could add a second V mode, complete with a different V-Trigger and Skill, and maybe a different special attack, ala MKX.

Clawww

This really blows. I really wish they would bring this back. It made the locations have more meaning to them.

yeah, that's fucking garbage honestly. they could have had shared stages suited to one character and that would have been fine. feels like they really missed an opportunity with a london underground birdie stage in the tunnels =(

Yeah if you've played the SF games from the beginning this just feels wrong. The backgrounds were an extension of the character design, it was always neat to see where the fighters "lived".

Dremark

Banned
Those cameos are clearly cosplayers. All that necessarily means is that inhabitants of the SF universe are familiar with Strider, CC, DS, and AvP characters (from media/games).

Captain Commando is the same universe as Final Fight and Street Fighter so that explanation doesn't actually make any sense unless the cosplayer Time Travelled.

Filth

Hahahaaha. This would be sick. Game needs specific intros for rivals. But not in 3d. On the side when they walk in. I want that 2d feeeeeeeellllll

Dremark

Banned
Hahahaaha. This would be sick. Game needs specific intros for rivals. But not in 3d. On the side when they walk in. I want that 2d feeeeeeeellllll

The walk in intros are awesome. The only recent game to have them I can think of us BB though.

GG does have a lot of cool character interactions as well.

Pompadour

As nice as that would be the 3D stages in IV and V clearly cost more than the stages in older fighters. It would be nice if not every fighter gets their own stage they would get a variant of a stage, with different lighting, background characters, and music.

That would be amazing. Doesn't look like it'll happen though. Unless there will be a big shift from the current build.

Skilletor

As nice as that would be the 3D stages in IV and V clearly cost more than the stages in older fighters. It would be nice if not every fighter gets their own stage they would get a variant of a stage, with different lighting, background characters, and music.

Early leak that has been 100% right so far said there'd be weather and time of day changes on the stages, I believe.

Dremark

Banned
Early leak that has been 100% right so far said there'd be weather and time of day changes on the stages, I believe.

Is that the Ken Bogard leak?

Also is that really the guy's name, it sounds like a pseudonym someone who plays too many fighting games would come up with for a laugh.

Lunar15

Haven't been following too closely, have we heard any clips of anyone's themes? Curious to hear what they sound like in this game, particularly Cammy's theme.

Lunar15

There don't seem to be any character themes. Just stage themes.

Ah, thanks. I liked what I heard of the character select theme, seems more rock/instrumental than the electronic vibe of IV's soundtrack. Curious to see how that translates into certain character themes.

So Ono has been in Twitter in recent hours answering fan questions about which shows he or Capcom will be at this year, so it should give you an idea of when to expect character announcements

ono9uqs05.png

ono10s3s0x.png

ono12lfs8k.png

But this is the weird one

ono11jcsd8.png

Did I miss something? What connections does Capcom have with WB?

Thores

So Ono has been in Twitter in recent hours answering fan questions about which shows he or Capcom will be at this year, so it should give you an idea of when to expect character announcements

But this is the weird one

ono11jcsd8.png

Did I miss something? What connections does Capcom have with WB?

I figured it out.

The black streak in OP's image is Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom