• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 Character Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we get Abel, I'd be okay with the rest of the SFIV cast sitting it out for a while, but every character has their fanbase so I never write anyone off completely.

Fighting game rosters are too contentious to do that. No matter what, someone is gonna be disappointed.

Kind of surprised nobody has brought up the dust-covers Udon is doing at the comic con featuring silhouttes of streetfighter characters...

UDON_SFEncy_SDCC2015.jpg

UDON_SSF2_SDCC2015.jpg

UDON_SFLChunLi_SDCC2015.jpg

I think we can easily guess the first two :p

Nice find, the last artwork is really intriguing, it could potentially tease one of the new character (the rumoured Laura?) :
- I see no SF female character that would match this hairstyle. I dont get how some people think of Maki, unless she had a drastic haircut it doesnt match her at all.
- Only art with 2 question marks.
- Only art with "Artwork not final" written on it. Others show only "Artwork Pending Licensor Approvals".
Could litterally imply that the design of this character is not final yet. And if that's the case I wouldnt be surprised if the design is from Udon themselves.

Sooo, Laura, designed by Udon, revealed by Ono during Comic-Con?

Clawww

Nice find, the last artwork is really intriguing, it could potentially tease one of the new character (the rumoured Laura?) :
- I see no SF female character that would match this hairstyle. I dont get how some people think of Maki, unless she had a drastic haircut it doesnt match her at all.
- Only art with "Artwork not final" written on it. Others show only "Artwork Pending Licensor Approvals".
Could litterally imply that the design of this character is not final yet. And if that's the case I wouldnt be surprised if the design is from Udon themselves.

man...udon really skews to the 'miss' side of designs for me generally, but they've had some good ones. I think that would be a hype set-up for a reveal, though, and very plausible. I'm sold

Yup yup :3
One thought that occurred to me as well though is that the silhouette could possibly fit lucia morgan from final fight, seeing as she was mentioned on one of the many leak lists floating about as well :eek:

I'm a little confuzzled about Mika because Ken Bogard said something along the lines of "any list with R.Mika in it is bullshit" ...but in his actual leak he said he didn't know which returning fighters were in the line-up, only how many and the identity of the newcomers. I'm not sure whether this means he's since learnt the identity of the returning vets and Mika is a gonner or if he's still in the dark and merely believes she would never make it in :p

qcf x2

Silhouettes that don't match any of the characters matched with except for Poison. And the last one looks like one of the many Cammy clones.

I'm saying no, mostly because we've got enough Street Fighter Alpha going on as is.

Tizoc

Silhouettes that don't match any of the characters matched with except for Poison. And the last one looks like one of the many Cammy clones.

I'm saying no, mostly because we've got enough Street Fighter Alpha going on as is.

We only have 1 Alpha character though :p

Bought Ultra SFIV for the PS3 to keep myself busy until SFV comes out.

I loved SFIV when I played hours and hours of it on the 360. But I never played any of the expanded releases, so I'm pretty excited to play the rather large expanded cast some.

As long as SFV has my boy Ken though, I'll be a happy camper.

Dremark

Banned
They should really just make Rival Schools a part of the Street Fighter universe. The characters in both franchises aren't that different stylistically. It would be nice to see some of those characters as the chances for an RS sequel is pretty slim.

I'm pretty sure it's been part of the SF universe from the start, if not the absolute beginning it was merged in with the PlayStation version of the first game.

Personally I'd be happy to see a few characters make it into SF5. Sakura wouldn't be bad, but Kyosuke would be my top pick.

I'm pretty sure it's been part of the SF universe from the start, if not the absolute beginning it was merged in with the PlayStation version of the first game.

Personally I'd be happy to see a few characters make it into SF5. Sakura wouldn't be bad, but Kyosuke would be my top pick.
Rival Schools isn't part of the SF universe, Sakura wasn't a canon cameo.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of surprised nobody has brought up the dust-covers Udon is doing at the comic con featuring silhouttes of streetfighter characters...

UDON_SFEncy_SDCC2015.jpg

UDON_SSF2_SDCC2015.jpg

UDON_SFLChunLi_SDCC2015.jpg

I think we can easily guess the first two :p
Yeah I brought that up in the fighting weekly earlier, people didn't really care. I think one silhouette looks a lot like the rumored Lucia Morgan. Udon also made this fantastic artwork recently:

CIZBfMPVEAAwPdb.jpg:large

I'd take Kyosuke.

I really liked him even tho he was ass in CVS2. The character design just meshed with me I guess.

Rival Schools apparently is not in the same universe as Final Fight / Street Fighter / Muscle Bomber though, even despite the Sakura cameo.

Dremark

Banned
I've heard conflicting points about that, though seeing as there's an SF3 arcade cabinet in one of the official artworks for RS, I'm inclined to believe.

Isn't there also a Street Fight 2 poster in Ryu's SFA stage though?

I don't think every single cameo made in these games is considered canon, but I was always under the impression that SF was linked with Rival Schools, just like it is with Final Fight and Slam Masters.

Yeah I brought that up in the fighting weekly earlier, people didn't really care. I think one silhouette looks a lot like the rumored Lucia Morgan. Udon also made this fantastic artwork recently:

~absolutely amazing picture~
Ah, I peeked in that thread a while ago but I guess it was before you posted. Good catch all the same :3
That Rival Schools pic is stunning :eek:
Not only was my team always Akira + Zaki + ? (I never really settled on a definite 3rd :p) but that ahoge they put on her in the pic is cute XD

So is that definately R. Mika? HYPE! :D
yay! Mika players unite! :D

LosDaddie

Banned
Bought Ultra SFIV for the PS3 to keep myself busy until SFV comes out.

I loved SFIV when I played hours and hours of it on the 360. But I never played any of the expanded releases, so I'm pretty excited to play the rather large expanded cast some.

As long as SFV has my boy Ken though, I'll be a happy camper.

Ken will do, but I really want Akuma

Tizoc

Isn't there also a Street Fight 2 poster in Ryu's SFA stage though?

I don't think every single cameo made in these games is considered canon, but I was always under the impression that SF was linked with Rival Schools, just like it is with Final Fight and Slam Masters.

Funnily enough SFA1 isn't cannon, as SFA2 replaces it XP

You know what I'd change about Mika's design? Lose the twin tails and give her a long hair braid (think Cammy's but 1 instead of 2).
Trim down on the sexiness, keep the domino mask, keep her light blue color and the heart motifs...and that's it.

Even as a kid I thought her design was ridiculous XP

Dremark

Banned
Funnily enough SFA1 isn't cannon, as SFA2 replaces it XP

You know what I'd change about Mika's design? Lose the twin tails and give her a long hair braid (think Cammy's but 1 instead of 2).
Trim down on the sexiness, keep the domino mask, keep her light blue color and the heart motifs...and that's it.

Even as a kid I thought her design was ridiculous XP

Her design is ridiculous, but you can't take away her twintails.

I am aware that SFA was cut out and replaced in the canon, although that did not come to mind when writing that post. However Ken's stage in SFA2 which is a canon game has cameos which if taken seriously would mean that Strider, Captain Commando, Dark Stalkers and Alien vs. Predator are all part of the same universe as SF.

Actually Captain Commando technically is (Through Final Fight) but the cameo character wouldn't be around then as it's far in the future.

I think it was some interview? Can't find any sources pointing to either

I'd love if Capcom just officially associated Rival Schools with Street Fighter though

I was always under the impression they were linked. Honestly no reason not to at this point though, might as well import a few characters as I really doubt another game in the series will ever happen.

WarRock

About RS Sakura:
Due to Sakura having been redesigned for the series with a different
blood type than in the Zero series, not to mention the game's prologue listing
it taking place in 199X, the series has no place within the SF universe, if
it ever did at any point.

SF Alpha/Alpha 2 occurred into 1987 through 1989, and Alpha 3 into 1989 to 1990. In Sakura's RS ending she still is trying to find Ryu even though she did met him during Alpha 3 already, not to mention the fact that she is in a different school.
But, well, they recycled this plot for SFxT and SF IV anyway, so...

So those pics...Ken and Karin...Poison and Poison? Fei and Mystery...why is Poison paired with herself?
Yeah, I'm not sure how they decided would be on the other side of the cover.
All I know is that Ken seems to have his creep face on and all fei long is missing is a pair of shades to go with his expression :p

J4g3r

I haven't really been keeping up with any updates of the character roster for SFV.

Have there been any hints at Dudley or Sakura? They were my mains in IV.

emag

I am aware that SFA was cut out and replaced in the canon, although that did not come to mind when writing that post. However Ken's stage in SFA2 which is a canon game has cameos which if taken seriously would mean that Strider, Captain Commando, Dark Stalkers and Alien vs. Predator are all part of the same universe as SF.

Those cameos are clearly cosplayers. All that necessarily means is that inhabitants of the SF universe are familiar with Strider, CC, DS, and AvP characters (from media/games).

Zubz

Banned
I haven't really been keeping up with any updates of the character roster for SFV.

Have there been any hints at Dudley or Sakura? They were my mains in IV.

No clue on Dudley, but I think there was a figurine announced for "Dark Sakura." Since people are thinking that those figurines are indicative of the roster, that'd mean we'll at least see her in that form. I'm really hoping Dudley's back, but I can see them saving him for the Super Edition/Season 2, depending on how they ultimately go about this.

Those cameos are clearly cosplayers. All that necessarily means is that inhabitants of the SF universe are familiar with Strider, CC, DS, and AvP characters (from media/games).

Were they? I didn't think there was anything indicating they were cosplayers, but I never actually played Alpha 2 myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom