• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 to launch worldwide simultaneously, "No Region will be late"

Finaika

Awesome

tumblr_ns3irkvceY1tlc1q4o1_250.gif

Dinjoralo

Yeah, the servers are going to buckle under all that, no doubt. Hopefully, the PC version also launches at that same time.

Dremark

Banned
so US on a tuesday and EU actually still late though, on the next friday, as usual? :D

It will probably be Friday of the same week. When they do worldwide launches they usually don't factor in that different countries have games come out different days of the week.

Will probably have the same sort of release as TTT2 did.

Sayad

It's a beta, what do you expect?
It actually met my expectations in term of netcode quality, which was excellent during the few matches I got to play. D:

Don't think anyone expected the server issues to be that bad though. It's a good thing that this happened during a beta and not the actual release, though I wouldn't call it swimmingly smooth since they didn't get to test a lot of the stuff they set out to test during the beta.

Capcom fighting games on PC usually release a month or two after the console version.
I think they already said PC version will be launching at the same time.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Never played a Street Fighter game before this one, should I play 4 to prepare? Or am I good?

I would also recommend older SF, like Super Turbo, to get a sense of high damage, basic combos, and quick death. V seems to be going for that feel.

Yudoken

Can't wait to play this locally until it's launching online!

I don't beleive that they will fix online until release, yes, there is a lot of time until then but there will be launch problems like almost any other game I care about.

Can't wait to play this locally until it's launching online!

I don't beleive that they will fix online until release, yes, there is a lot of time until then but there will be launch problems like almost any other game I care about.
I believe it will be the opposite thanks to this beta. On top of the rescheduled beta there are two more so I have faith.

No it will launch worldwide on a tuesday.

doubt it.

It will probably be Friday of the same week. When they do worldwide launches they usually don't factor in that different countries have games come out different days of the week.

OR maybe PSN Digital Copy can be bought on tuesday, but retail copies will be sold at midnight on friday.

But this sounds like marketing talk on that the Asian copy won't be 4 months late or something.

Rurunaki

True, but still it was a disappointment for fans.

It wouldn't be a beta if there were no disappointments. FFIV: AR had one of the worst launch in recent memory.

It's good that Capcom is doing multiple stress test on their online servers. Giving them data to see how many concurrent users were online and the feedback from people who couldn't get online.

For Ono to say such a thing just means that they are taking the online infrastructure for the game seriously, which is good news in my book.

Dremark

Banned
It wouldn't be a beta if there were no disappointments. FFIV: AR had one of the worst launch in recent memory.

It's good that Capcom is doing multiple stress test on their online servers. Giving them data to see how many concurrent users were online and the feedback from people who couldn't get online.

For Ono to say such a thing just means that they are taking the online infrastructure for the game seriously, which is good news in my book.

Yeah I can understand why people were disappointed in the Beta, but I don't understand why they think this means the final product will turn out badly.

They are taking precautions to make sure the launch is successful but the first Beta was an unfortunate side effect.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Hopefully they have enough data to fix the code. AFAIK it was code issues on the server rather than infrastructure.

Ding ding ding! Yes, and code takes a long time to debug, fix, test and release whereas deploying more hardware instances is a trivial task.

Obviously, they have plenty of time to do all this and repeatedly test with successive betas until it's going as smoothly as greased lightning.

SF5 is shaping up to be an exceptionally good entry in the series

Apathy

I still can't believe people want to bitch about the beta. Do people not understand what a beta is anymore? Seems the word had been devalued and people think it's a demo instead of unfinished code trying to get it to release quality by finding issues before it is consumer hands.

I still can't believe people want to bitch about the beta. Do people not understand what a beta is anymore? Seems the word had been devalued and people think it's a demo instead of unfinished code trying to get it to release quality by finding issues before it is consumer hands.

Blame Blizzard for standardizing it as an advertising method rather than an actual method of testing for the last couple of decades.

TomShoe

Banned
People need to chill about the servers. I'd bet money that the servers won't be this bad at launch. Even though I don't expect 100% functionality, understand the number of people playing at launch won't be anywhere near the number trying to get into the beta. The majority of people got into the beta for free after all, unless they ordered on PSN.

Honestly, it's hard to fault people for thinking that it is some consumer-friendly feature based on the way that people market it. I wasn't in the Street Fighter V beta, but didn't you get access to it by pre-ordering the game? Or at least that was one of the ways to gain access? When you frame it as bonus content for fans like that, you can't really fault people for expecting it to work and not regarding it as an unfinished Work In-Progress that you're helping them test for free.

OneUh8

I don't understand people knee jerk reaction based on the beta. They are still going to have 3 more beta periods. I think in the end this should be fine if they are at all competent.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Does this include the PC version?

Either way I'm fairly confident when I say that I predict that the Servers won't be able to handle the load Day 1 but I would love to be proven wrong.

Trey

I don't understand people knee jerk reaction based on the beta. They are still going to have 3 more beta periods. I think in the end this should be fine if they are at all competent.

It's not knee jerk, it's "what have you done for me lately". People mostly go off their most recent experiences, and I think it's fair for folks to be a little miffed about an aborted beta. Of course Capcom has time to fix things, and when they do, those same people won't be yapping about the game not working.

Just how it goes.

yurinka

Great news, but this means that are going to be way more chances to see their servers exploding at launch. There are going to be way more people playing the game than in the betas.

Imm0rt4l

I don't have a PS4, but I was super disappointed not to be able to watch some SFV streams on Twitch.

Just because I don't own a platform, doesn't mean I can't love a franchise.

I'm not sure how much information they took from the beta, other than it was impossible to get on-line for many people.
There were streams.

#whitelist

Skilletor

Great news, but this means that are going to be way more chances to see their servers exploding at launch. There are going to be way more people playing the game than in the betas.

Good thing it's 7-9 months away and they still have 3 betas to iron things out.

Apathy

Blame Blizzard for standardizing it as an advertising method rather than an actual method of testing for the last couple of decades.

All blizzards betas, while working, always have bugs and things to report (well for those of us that do reporting). Blizzard betas are filled with disconnects and crashes for mundane things. I wouldn't blame them for that. If much sooner blame google for their use of beta on Gmail for like a decade when that worked almost flawlessly.

Honestly, it's hard to fault people for thinking that it is some consumer-friendly feature based on the way that people market it. I wasn't in the Street Fighter V beta, but didn't you get access to it by pre-ordering the game? Or at least that was one of the ways to gain access? When you frame it as bonus content for fans like that, you can't really fault people for expecting it to work and not regarding it as an unfinished Work In-Progress that you're helping them test for free.

In NA it was a preorder thing, while in the eu it was just a sign up thing if I remember correctly. It also was not the only beta testing period. And even as a bonus thing, people should know what a beta is compared to if they had said get a demo for preorders. If people want to assume that a beta is a demo and they just want to play before its released and not really test and expect it to run perfectly, they are going to have a bad time.

Top Bottom