• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 to launch worldwide simultaneously, "No Region will be late"

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
With 3 (technically 4 now) betas it BETTER be stable on launch.
There's no a single example of a "modern" game being able to handle such server load Day 1 and heck I predict that Street Fighter V will knock out PSN so good luck trying to Download this off the store as soon as the store is updated.

ElTopo

Banned
There's no a single example of a "modern" game being able to handle such server load Day 1 and heck I predict that Street Fighter V will knock out PSN so good luck trying to Download this off the store as soon as the store is updated.

PC, dude. I doubt the PC servers are going down on launch.

All blizzards betas, while working, always have bugs and things to report (well for those of us that do reporting). Blizzard betas are filled with disconnects and crashes for mundane things.

I'm about 90% sure they shovel any player reports into a digital furnace and continue relying entirely on their internal QA for actual bug-testing. They would be far more accurate to call their open betas "server stress tests", because (outside of advertising) that seems to be the primary purpose, perhaps along with collecting some preliminary player metrics.

I mean, it's nice of you to report the bugs, I just don't think there's much chance of your reports actually getting to anyone who will investigate them.

I would guess the SFV beta is the same way: server and networking stress-testing and gathering of player metrics (ie, pick rates and win rates across various characters and match-ups on a large scale), with not much more than a form-letter prepared to respond to anyone who complains about things like input glitches or infinites. If you want those things to get fixed, you'd probably be better off putting a video of them on YouTube than throwing a prayer to the wind with the reporting feature.

Skilletor

Praise be to Hadoukens for preload.

I dont know why people are bring up the beta.

1) it was a beta
2) If servers are down, we can still play offline

YUP!

I won't even care about online for the first week or two. Going to be too busy playing in training mode, testing out stuff and trying new characters.

nded

It kind of blows my mind that we're only up to Street Fighter 5, actually. Considering this a franchise that was on it's second game when I wasn't even 10 years old.

It's actually the sixth game in the main series, maybe up to the ninth depending on your stance on the Zero/Alpha games. Of course, that's not counting the multiple revisions, spinoffs and crossovers.

It kind of blows my mind that we're only up to Street Fighter 5, actually. Considering this a franchise that was on it's second game when I wasn't even 10 years old.

Did you know some companies are even slower with sequels?

Outrun was 1986 an Outrun 2 was in 2004...

Legend of Kage was 1985 and LoK2 was 2008...

Some quick points!

- From what I played, the netcode was fairly smooth. I'm not an online warrior, but I'm willing to actually try this compared to playing on the playdough netcode that is SF4

- There will be four betas, not counting the one we just had. The next one will probably be the same (primarily online), and supposedly one of the other ones will have a training mode for people to enjoy.

- The issues with the beta came from server errors and not server load. So if they smooth that out before release, I'll be happy.

Did you know some companies are even slower with sequels?

Outrun was 1986 an Outrun 2 was in 2004...

Legend of Kage was 1985 and LoK2 was 2008...

And marvel is every ten years ;_;

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
PC, dude. I doubt the PC servers are going down on launch.
That's assuming the PC version launches on the same day as the PS4 version which I haven't seen any confirmation for.PC games are not immune to this either may I remind you of the launch for ANY recent MMO,Diablos 3,My Sims, and other "Greenlight" Online games?

Not to mention the PC version has Cross Play with the PS4 version so both versions will be running on the same server.

ElTopo

Banned
That's assuming the PC version launches on the same day as the PS4 version which I haven't seen any confirmation for.PC games are not immune to this either may I remind you of the launch for ANY recent MMO,Diablos 3,My Sims, and other "Greenlight" Online games?

Not to mention the PC version has Cross Play with the PS4 version so both versions will be running on the same server.

I already said dang, jeeze...

Lothars

Blame Blizzard for standardizing it as an advertising method rather than an actual method of testing for the last couple of decades.
In all the examples you could have picked that's the worst one. Blizzard games beta's are actually beta's and have always been.

There is issues, balancing and many other things that are fixed during the beta for Blizzard games.

notworksafe

As long as I have training mode and local versus, the servers can be offline for months and I'll be okay.

That being said, from the little I played in the beta the online was very good. If connections are like that in the final game I probably won't mind playing online.

Top Bottom