• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Street Fighter V is a PS4 console exclusive" (PlayStation Blog)

Ghazi

Even if it would happen... Getting the competitive edge in advance is pretty big for fighting game fans. A year of training head start? Nobody who is serious about learning the game will wait that long.

Which is why people like me who didn't anticipate this series of events and don't have a good PC or PS4 will basically be unable to keep up/be on even footing when the game does come over.

So I'm still debating what to do right now... Guess I'll just have to buy a PS4 next year :)

Hugstable

Banned
speaking of Mega Man if console peeps are going to fund games that wouldn't otherwise be made, SOMEONE please save Mega Man :(

This! Oh god please this! Nintendo did such a good job portraying Megaman as we know and love him in Smash, I wish they would just pull a Bayo 2 or something and step in to fund a new Megaman game. 2D Classic or Legends, whatever I just want more Megaman, something Capcom sadly doesn't seem to even think exists anymore :(

gngf123

Can someone answer this?

In the past, Microsoft have generally wanted to separate the PC and Xbox ecosystems, to convince more people to buy their console. They have asked for console versions of games to release with differing features to PC versions (Super Meat Boy was originally meant to release on PC and 360 with everything the same, characters and all, but were told they weren't allowed), separate online, all sorts of things. They have gotten better lately, though.

In general it is to make their console appear more appealing, where they can get a continual revenue stream from game licenses and Xbox Live. The only money they get from PC sales are copies of Windows. They did try a different approach years ago around the launch of GFWL, but PC gamers rejected it entirely.

To be fair, Wong and PR play on PC some times on their streams. PC will be my preferred choice of purchase. The fact that the community will be unified is damn awesome. I wish we could see this happen with other fighters because it would keep the players together. I wish this was happening with Tekken 7. :(

A number of big players actually prefer to play on PC. Rog and Mike Ross, for example. Some have moved away because of the issues with PC fighting game releases, though.

And yes, cross play is potentially a brilliant thing.

That’s right; PS4 owners will now be able to lay the smack down against PC owners and vice-versa, a first for the Street Fighter series!

Huh, I don't like exclusivity bullshit, but this more than makes up for me.

Cole Slaw

Banned
Yeah... This is where I back down.

If you are going to think like that, get a high end PC and suddenly you'll think that all consoles are holding things back. I have nothing against consoles, but don't start this full potential of games nonsense.

PCs are not in my purview. I don't really consider PCs to be the home of gaming; consoles are. And in the world of consoles, the PS4 is where games will fulfill their most potential.

PS4 is for gaming, PCs are for sending emails and writing reports and doing some online shopping.

PS4 is for playing SFV, PC is for talking about it on NeoGAF.

Azure J

speaking of Mega Man if console peeps are going to fund games that wouldn't otherwise be made, SOMEONE please save Mega Man :(

Nintendo needs to step up and "Bayonetta 2" Megaman Legends 3.

That shit isn't going to happen and is right next to the cancelled Jet Set Radio 3 on Wii for "easiest no brainer salvage" Nintendo passed up.

Skilletor

PCs are not in my purview. I don't really consider PCs to be the home of gaming; consoles are. And in the world of consoles, the PS4 is where games will fulfill their most potential.

PS4 is for gaming, PCs are for sending emails and writing reports and doing some online shopping.

Is this real life?

gngf123

Are you Phil Fish in disguise?

geomon

lol, wut?

KoopaTheCasual

Is it 1998?

trying too hard?

cackhyena

lol, not bad.

This wins post of the posts

NeonZ

So Capcom is in such bad situation, that they didn't want to make a new SF without help? Wow, that's probably the biggest news out of this.

The SFIV expansions never set the world on fire, and I don't think any of them aside from Super itself were even million sellers. Street Fighter vs Tekken was an outright failure. Although everything can be explained by the franchise itself being mishandled, at least as far as mainstream appeal goes, I don't think it's that surprising that some executives would look at the franchise negatively.

RK9039

image.php

Waiting for greatness :p.

BHBIYEP.gif

This is all likely coming from what happened with Tomb Raider.

I am honestly surprised if this is Sony fighting fire with fire. Simply because MS has more Fuel. I guess the PS4's popularity gives them a certain edge and if they can maintain that then this is probably going to give Sony more room to try this in addition to the first party games.

you all accepted Bayo 2 being an exclusive
youll eventually accept this too

Nintendo helped fund Bayo 2 so it is understandable. Games like the next Tomb Raider and the next Street Fighter makes it questionable if MS/Sony just payed for exclusivity instead of helping out development.

Street Fighter V is a ps4/PC exclusive..

In other words, the barebones initial game will be exclusive, and the unending superior super/ultra releases will be on every platform under the sun.

They're probably going to give us the option to only play with PS4 players anyway.

i think we already know that this is the case.

cross play is not an amazing feature because we can play randoms against PC players, it's amazing to play against friends and neither has to go out of his way and buy it on a system he doesn't really want to.

True!

Nakazato

LOL

I love the idea of PC gaming, but they need to find a way to make it work on a couch.
I sit in front if a computer all day at work and in an desk chair. I like being on a couch at home.
Have not touched PC in a while. At least Alienware is trying.

youre-goddamn-right-gif.gif

Nyoro SF

This is an amazing troll post though. lol 1-2-3 punch

I love the idea of PC gaming, but they need to find a way to make it work on a couch.
I sit in front if a computer all day at work and in an desk chair. I like being on a couch at home.
Have not touched PC in a while. At least Alienware is trying.

Most modern graphics cards have HDMI outputs. I have my PC connected to my TV and play games on there. Most multiplat games have controller support, and the xbox 360 controller works great.

Most modern graphics cards have HDMI outputs. I have my PC connected to my TV and play games on there. Most multiplat games have controller support, and the xbox 360 controller works great.
I did that for a bit and it works great on games without heavy text. It was a mess for MMO's though.
I got an office area now.

Arion

I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg

notworksafe

So actually you just don't know shit.

That's pretty spot on.

I

Street Fighter V is a ps4/PC exclusive..

In other words, the barebones initial game will be exclusive, and the unending superior super/ultra releases will be on every platform under the sun.

Perhaps. But even then, if Sony is footing the bill or partially footing the bill for Street Fighter V, then why would the expansions come to Xbox One?

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a possibility and it wouldn't surprise me if it happened, though it's something worth thinking about.

Krixeus

HtnIHha.gif

Top Bottom