• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephLuis

Another leak also had alex and guile as first characters to be released, so we really have no idea which order capcom is following

Alchemist

Actually, the way Capcom listed the characters afterwards had Ibuki before Balrog, hence the debate.

There's also this which popped up just before launch.

CiL_iziUgAA_QeI.jpg:large

JayEH

Tomorrow would be the day that we get screenshots/trailer if it is happening this week. Ideally screenshots tomorrow and trailer during Stun fest.

So now that it's been all but confirmed that legacy controllers have 1 less frame of lag are any of you going to switch? Do you think capcom will fix this and should tournaments adopt this as the starting?

Quesa

are any of you going to switch?
nah; I've only got the PS4 hitbox that I use on PC and I don't have pro aspirations, and it feels fine to me.
Do you think capcom will fix this
Probably not for a long time.
should tournaments adopt this as the starting?
I'm not sure what you mean, but I think in general tournaments will adapt the same philosophy they always have on this stuff; your controller is your problem until it becomes our problem, then it's really your problem.

Xeteh

nah; I've only got the PS4 hitbox that I use on PC and I don't have pro aspirations, and it feels fine to me.

Probably not for a long time.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I think in general tournaments will adapt the same philosophy they always have on this stuff; your controller is your problem until it becomes our problem, then it's really your problem.

I was tempted to try using a keyboard to emulate a hitbox (to a certain extent, anyways) just out of curiosity.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So now that it's been all but confirmed that legacy controllers have 1 less frame of lag are any of you going to switch? Do you think capcom will fix this and should tournaments adopt this as the starting?

The irony. Initially they were saying that legacy sticks had extra input lag.

Mediking

I know I said this before but updating the menu when you start the game to look more flashy and more hype would be MUCH appreciated.

Shadoken

^^ Well Sony's E3 conf in on June 13th , If Capcom is planning on doing any UI changes of that kind. They should show that and throw in a big trailer for the Story mode update.

If they have a good showing then perhaps they can get some good press and hopefully get some of their casual audience back.

Neoxon

^^ Well Sony's E3 conf in on June 13th , If Capcom is planning on doing any UI changes of that kind. They should show that and throw in a big trailer for the Story mode update.

If they have a good showing then perhaps they can get some good press and hopefully get some of their casual audience back.
I actually didn't think of that. That may actually work.

Mediking

I really want them to update the UI or at least give options to have something far more exciting then the bland design they currently have.

But updating the UI design is such a first world problem compared to other bigger stuff like fixing the A.I in Survival, actually adding the Zenny shop, having a color preview in the shop, daily challenges, OTHER MODES, etc....

qcf x2

I have a lit prayer candle on my desk with the image of Saint Juri to guide us to her character reveal this month.

HAHA
HAHA

I hope it's Balrog so they can get him out of the way and move on to the DLC characters I'm most curious to see.

qcf x2

What news is bigger than a new character?

LowTierGod's requirements for his stream.

That's somehow even worse than his list of characters that he refuses to give runbacks to or run sets with (I think it grew to everybody except Nash, but including Nash because it's a mirror match). And you're right, he does have a weird schtick. I wanna feel bad for the guy but he has such a terrible attitude about losing.

Mediking

That's somehow even worse than his list of characters that he refuses to give runbacks to or run sets with (I think it grew to everybody except Nash, but including Nash because it's a mirror match). And you're right, he does have a weird schtick. I wanna feel bad for the guy but he has such a terrible attitude about losing.

QCF X2!!!! My favorite Cammy player! :D

DR2K

Banned
This didn't come from Capcom though, and is just a montage of official materials released at the time.
The months and order were all made up.

They got lucky with order of Alex and Guile. I'm putting money on it being accurate and Juri being this month.

SephLuis

Question, when you are landing from a jump, are you vulnerable for grabs ? Like, no choice except taking the grab or should be possible to tech it ?

qcf x2

Lol I call Q my favorite Cammy player because that person has some great Cammy videos!

Thanks man! I was actually in a bit of a rut with a diff character (Laura) but Cammy is def my best fit so far. The thing about Laura is I feel like I play her all wrong. I might win a set 5-0 and not land a single reset, and for that reason I feel like I'm actually regressing with her.

I'm thinking about making a couple beginner tutorials for Cammy, basically a "how to beat bronze opponents" video where I would give examples of what buttons to use to bait, punish, etc. I don't have any editing software yet so everything I do has to be done in 1 take (including that combo vid lol). Also might do a basic move/combo guide, nothing too fancy.

Question, when you are landing from a jump, are you vulnerable for grabs ? Like, no choice except taking the grab or should be possible to tech it ?

99.9% sure you can tech. When you "land" you are at 0 since the jump animation is over, and they can't ground-grab you on your way down (on the way up is a diff story in some cases).

Xeteh

Thanks man! I was actually in a bit of a rut with a diff character (Laura) but Cammy is def my best fit so far. The thing about Laura is I feel like I play her all wrong. I might win a set 5-0 and not land a single reset, and for that reason I feel like I'm actually regressing with her.

I'm thinking about making a couple beginner tutorials for Cammy, basically a "how to beat bronze opponents" video where I would give examples of what buttons to use to bait, punish, etc. I don't have any editing software yet so everything I do has to be done in 1 take (including that combo vid lol). Also might do a basic move/combo guide, nothing too fancy.

99.9% sure you can tech. When you "land" you are at 0 since the jump animation is over, and they can't ground-grab you on your way down (on the way up is a diff story in some cases).

You can do basic stuff with that share something app on PS4. At least trimming clips so you don't have to stress about hitting everything in one go.

Mediking

Please

Shadoken

I actually didn't think of that. That may actually work.

Ono comes in , apologizes for the Network issues and wonky launch.

Reveals Arcade Mode
A solid Story mode trailer ( Which also goes over the new features they have added so far )
Teases Season 2

If they do that they can easily turn around all the hate they have been getting from casuals and reviewers.

Now throw in EVO Hype and it might chart on NPD again in July.

Give Balrog a command throw

Please dear god no. I am sick of every character either having a command grab or a Fireball.

Whatever happened to good ol RTSD. I want that ST style rog.

mbpm1

Please dear god no. I am sick of every character either having a command grab or a Fireball.

Whatever happened to good ol RTSD. I want that ST style rog.

Same. Command grabs are p boring way to add variety now. Give Rog something else to make him stand out.

qcf x2

You can do basic stuff with that share something app on PS4. At least trimming clips so you don't have to stress about hitting everything in one go.

Does it allow voiceovers so I can practice my French though?

Same. Command grabs are p boring way to add variety now. Give Rog something else to make him stand out.

Instant KO max charge TAP? There's so much you can do with a technical or finesse boxer, but with a pure brute it's hard (for me) to think of something that fits. I'd say him stomping on the opponent's foot, but he did that for one of his ultras in SF4.

Pompadour

I never liked how a boxer, being that Rog is a charge character, was just constantly crouching and not moving around too much (although he's way more mobile than Guile, for example). I think he'd feel better as a motion charge (much like how Vega feels better) but his dash punches already give him great mobility so that kind of relentless pressure would be too much.

I was thinking maybe his dash punches could be TAP-like charges where just doing QCF + P would give a rinky dink dash punch with no frame advantage whereas holding the button prior for a few seconds and releasing it with a negative edge would give him something with good frame advantage.

Of course, he'd be a nightmare to play as if this were the case.

I never liked how a boxer, being that Rog is a charge character, was just constantly crouching and not moving around too much (although he's way more mobile than Guile, for example). I think he'd feel better as a motion charge (much like how Vega feels better) but his dash punches already give him great mobility so that kind of relentless pressure would be too much.

I was thinking maybe his dash punches could be TAP-like charges where just doing QCF + P would give a rinky dink dash punch with no frame advantage whereas holding the button prior for a few seconds and releasing it with a negative edge would give him something with good frame advantage.

If TAP charges work like Birdie's Bull Horn in this game, it will be a pain in the ass to get any move out when you want it.

Also, no thanks on motion moves.

Durden77

I'm excited to hear Balrog's theme considering how excellent they've been doing with the old themes in this game.

I love his theme but it's always been a little weird in fitting his character. It sounds like, uplifting and inspirational. I wonder if they'll add a little grit to it.

That's certainly subjective.

JayEH

I wouldn't expect anything major until next year.

hamchan

Is it confirmed? My PS3 TE Round 2 still feels awful and laggy to play compared to my new TE2+.

Though either way everything just feels awful on PS4 compared to PC.

Edzi

Is it confirmed? My PS3 TE Round 2 still feels awful and laggy to play compared to my new TE2+.

Though either way everything just feels awful on PS4 compared to PC.

PC and PS4 are the same unless you force vsync off. You probably knew that, but there's a lot of people who seem convinced one platform plays better by default, so it's worth pointing out.

If you do mk tatsu you can do a lk tatsu after. It wont come out using the regular tatsu motion so you have to reverse it...but then it goes backwards unless you wait for them to fly over your head in which case it will go forward but you will still end up on the other side of them in which case you can sometimes get an ex dp, but you gotta do that backwards too. If you throw V trigger in there it gets even nuttier with the side switches.

Yeah I figured that much out, MK tatsu, MK tatsu also works but neither seem to give you a follow up. I was hoping for double MK tatsu into EX shoryu xx v-trigger, but it seems like his juggle points run out or he can't pop the opponent high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom