• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duress

I feel stupid when I get spd'd. Im too readable. It's not even a combo execution. Its like someone twirled the stick and said I win.

Mediking

I wonder which fighters will be at Sony's E3? Street Fighter V? King of Fighters? Tekken? Or the Chosen One.... Soul Calibur...

Tried it. It does seem pretty good in PS3 mode. I guess the input lag problems was with my actual PS3 stick but a TE2+ in PS3 mode seems completely fine.

I wonder if using dual mode sticks in ps3 mode counts as "legacy" for tournaments. I would think TOs and players would want the least amount of lag as possible on PS4 since using PCs with ini tweaks are not tournament standard.

I'm not a TO so I can't comment on the topic but the fact that people use sticks that have less input lag then others I don't see the issue personally.

DR2K

Banned
Tired of all the hating on Cammy

This is all Capcom's fault

Time to update the list again

Cammy needs...
- An overhead
- More Health/Stun
- Command Grab
- Longer Grab Range
- A cool ass Cape
- Smaller Hurtboxes on various moves
- Air Throw

-pants
-hooligan throw should be an overhead (this isn't practical regardless, just looks cool)
-HK needs bigger hitbox
-stun value should be normal. Low health and low stun are overkill.
-crHP should regain its CC properties.
-air throw(this is a signature move that she should have)

She'll get none of these, not even pants.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";203860683]Yeah I figured that much out, MK tatsu, MK tatsu also works but neither seem to give you a follow up. I was hoping for double MK tatsu into EX shoryu xx v-trigger, but it seems like his juggle points run out or he can't pop the opponent high enough.[/QUOTE]

Ken has a lot of things that look like they should juggle but don't.

Siaynoqq

Upgraded my internet to 200 mbps and switched to ethernet. I have a completely new appreciation for the net code now. Last 15 matches were silky smooth and I was able to find a match every 5-10 seconds or so.

vulva

-pants
-hooligan throw should be an overhead (this isn't practical regardless, just looks cool)
-HK needs bigger hitbox
-stun value should be normal. Low health and low stun are overkill.
-crHP should regain its CC properties.
-air throw(this is a signature move that she should have)

She'll get none of these, not even pants.

I mean, she had a few (3 I think) costumes with pants in sf4. People keep acting like this never happened.

TheOGB

Banned
[did not realized I missed a page when catching up but I'm just gonna leave this here anyway]

It looks like they just posted the Matsuda family tree on that CFN portal site, pretty interesting.

EiEceLB.jpg

WKZnRjm.jpg

Name: Fabio Matsuda
Height: 188cm
Weight: 82kg
Blood type: A
Birthday: May 7
Home Country: Brazil
Favorite things: reading, record collection, Matsuda Jiu Jitsu
Dislikes: people who do not follow the rules

lBOeT3v.jpg

9dgwweK.jpg

Name: Sean Matsuda
Height: 175cm
Weight: 68kg
Blood type: O
Birthday: August 15
Home Country: Brazil
Favorite things: basketball, games
Dislikes: sister (scary)

Features grandfather Kinjiro, father Youchiro, and mother Brenda. Also introduces Brenda's Brazilian side of the family. Apparently Sean has a good relationship with his cousins Eddy and Christie Enzo and Manuela.
TYJ6SaD.jpg

xMSheEI.jpg

These character columns are pretty neat.

I was on the brink of making a thread about this damn rage quiting situation capcom is supporting, but I may have calmed down.

You got my salt running, Sardaukar.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's so rare to have a set of matches where almost everything goes according to plan. I will try to remember this feeling.

I wonder if there'll come a day when Capcom actually improve on their communication. 17 days gone by since the start of May and still no update on anything.

This shit is getting kinda tiring.

Tired of all the hating on Cammy

This is all Capcom's fault

Time to update the list again

Cammy needs...
- An overhead
- More Health/Stun
- Command Grab
- Longer Grab Range
- A cool ass Cape
- Smaller Hurtboxes on various moves
- Air Throw

I am in full support of capes. Bring Bison's cape back.

I got my 1st Rage quit in maybe a week and some change.(I asked why.They replied that they paid $60 for the game and the can do what they want- ChampiionR3d)Ha!
Has anybody else noticed the decrease?

I am in full support of capes. Bring Bison's cape back.

I got my 1st Rage quit in maybe a week and some change.(I asked why.They replied that they paid $60 for the game and the can do what they want- ChampiionR3d)Ha!
Has anybody else noticed the decrease?

lol. these guys man.

i actually don't care what fighter comes next. i'm curious if they have a new level of ragequit science or not.

Nope. Ragequit just happened though, glad everything's back to normal.

Is Guile supposed to be OP ?
In the right hands, he's like the anti scrub/casual.

People keep jumping in, you AA.

People keep spamming fireballs, you spam sonic boom.

People try to do any shenanigans, you flash kick.

It's quite simple actually.

Zerojul

Of course that's kind of the ideal plan... but I feel I was having a easier time when I was playing Sim. There was a lot more of RQ in my way back then though it seems.
About Guile, recovery on his SB is something you really got to get used to in SFV.

Of course that's kind of the ideal plan... but I feel I was having a easier time when I was playing Sim. There was a lot more of RQ in my way back then though it seems.
About Guile, recovery on his SB is something you really got to get used to in SFV.
Yup. You definitely can't just keep spamming it and hope to get away with it if you're opponent has a good read on your SB timings.

It's particularly useful to NOT throw sonic booms in certain situations though.

Pretty much. I had some gold Cammy just jump at me for days and it was basically wait and anti air the game. But it really sucks that his st.bHP is a shitty anti air in SF5. I always try to use it even at max range and get bopped.

Pretty much. I had some gold Cammy just jump at me for days and it was basically wait and anti air the game. But it really sucks that his st.bHP is a shitty anti air in SF5. I always try to use it even at max range and get bopped.
His real AAs are cr.hp, df.hk and st.lp

st.lp is very situational and df.hk can often trade. cr.hp is where it's at. Well that, and flash kick of course.

B.HP is a pretty poor anti air and much better as a pressure tool or a confirm into CA/V-Trig.
Man where the heck is my pink Ken?

We'll get him ONE DAY !!
cLvNM97.png

galvenize

Looks like Gootecks is in France now for StunFest since I just met his Mika online.

I couldn't compose myself since I was a bit stunned to encounter him but he was definitely there for the taking.

Producer

Looks like Gootecks is in France now for StunFest since I just met his Mika online.

I couldn't compose myself since I was a bit stunned to encounter him but he was definitely there for the taking.

Respects to Gootecks. Every US player went to get the easy points at toryuken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom