• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

[did not realized I missed a page when catching up but I'm just gonna leave this here anyway]

It looks like they just posted the Matsuda family tree on that CFN portal site, pretty interesting.

EiEceLB.jpg

WKZnRjm.jpg

lBOeT3v.jpg

9dgwweK.jpg

Features grandfather Kinjiro, father Youchiro, and mother Brenda. Also introduces Brenda's Brazilian side of the family. Apparently Sean has a good relationship with his cousins Eddy and Christie Enzo and Manuela.
TYJ6SaD.jpg

xMSheEI.jpg

These character columns are pretty neat.

Man I'm not loving Sean's SFV design

Ryce

I'm really enjoying these character files. It's cool that Capcom is making an attempt to flesh out the Street Fighter universe.

Scotia

Banned
Can you provide a translation?

And Makoto's cool and all but WHEN's HONDAH?

Thanks to bakfromon from SNK for the translation:

(She truly is the super-serious karate girl! Her attacks are ones that are delivered with intensity. This Tosa girl was born for karate.)

Name: Makoto
Height: 160cm
Weight: 50kg
Blood type: B
Birthday: July 1
Home Country: Japan
Favorite things: family, carpentry
Dislikes: pickled ginger

The rowdy and passionate karate girl. She is an heir of the prestigious house of Rindokan karate dojo. She struggles in order to rebuild the dojo which has seen better days. She's a talented ranking black belt! She has an older brother who has never studied the martial arts. She's also a carpenter which is a good skill she uses to make repairs to the dojo! Which is great.

Shito

Would love to see Makoto in the game, I'm a Makoto main at heart, but I highly doubt we will see her anytime soon. :/

I don't know how I feel about Makoto's design being pretty much the same as 3 and 4 :/

Guess I just have to believe that her battle premium costume will shake it up a bit.

In a way, it kinda fits her personality that she has the exact same look and always keeps it the same way when given a choice.

Yeah that makes sense and she does have a great design, but one of the best things about the game is that they play with pretty much everyone's design in a cool/weird way. But yeah, that's what the costumes are for.

Pompadour

In a way, it kinda fits her personality that she has the exact same look and always keeps it the same way when given a choice.

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense for her visual design to change much. She's essentially female Ryu, after all. Of course, lots of people thought Ryu needed to grow a beard to show his age as if he was prepubescent in every other one of his appearances.

Whales

Banned
for some reason i'd want to see makoto in sfv, I feel like she would be a super strong character

hopefully season 2 isnt a shitty season (shit = including characters like blanka, el fuerte, rufus...)

Vice

Please define easy. That event has some international killers.

Hell, maybe Tokido will finally win something since Infil isn't gonna be there.
Rather than 30 top EU players and 20 top Asian palyers there are just 10-15 high level players to compete with.

hubang

Neo Member
My Mak truck!

I don't think she'll be in Season 2 but I remain hopeful. Why am I already looking forward to Season 3???

for some reason i'd want to see makoto in sfv, I feel like she would be a super strong character

hopefully season 2 isnt a shitty season (shit = including characters like blanka, el fuerte, rufus...)
Well if the horrible online and lack of content wasn't enough to kill the game, adding those 3 characters in the same year definitely will.

But Capcom have the opportunity to redeem themselves here. They can make some of the shit characters, not so shit since they can just go back to the drawing board if they want.

Xeteh

Almost beat an Ultra Silver Ken, round 3 was pretty close but then he took his points and ran. Jerk.

There's my one ranked match for the next month or so.

Xeteh

Unless the connection wasn't great, it always sucks when a person takes the points and runs :(

I'm wired with a really good connection and it was fine on my end so I doubt he was having much issue.

I don't blame him, he's gonna lose a good chunk of points if I win. I adapt way too fucking slow, too. Damn near every knockdown he'd go for the crossup and I never reacted properly to it.

I'm wired with a really good connection and it was fine on my end so I doubt he was having much issue.

I don't blame him, he's gonna lose a good chunk of points if I win. I adapt way too fucking slow, too. Damn near every knockdown he'd go for the crossup and I never reacted properly to it.
But what's the point of getting points if you're gonna essentially Ronda Rousey your way through Ranked? Only fighting people you know you can win against and never giving them the opportunity to fight again?

Just irks me, is all.

mbpm1

But what's the point of getting points if you're gonna essentially Ronda Rousey your way through Ranked? Only fighting people you know you can win against and never giving them the opportunity to fight again?

Just irks me, is all.

don't talk about arturo that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom