• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Capcom Pro Talk would be a pretty good time to announce a new character

jussayin', Capcom.

Otherwise what, reveal on the 23rd and release on the 30th?

she's pretty young, bro

Zapp+Brannigan.jpg

mbpm1

I left to go to the bathroom yesterday while waiting for a match and came back to my poor Ryu getting his idle ass handed to him by a Birdie.

Beating him after losing the first round felt so good

LakeEarth

I left to go to the bathroom yesterday while waiting for a match and came back to my poor Ryu getting his idle ass handed to him by a Birdie.

Beating him after losing the first round felt so good

That's pretty mean. I'll usually hit the opponent once just to confirm he isn't there, and then back off and build meter from a distance. I think that's a fair enough penalty for being AFK.

Neoxon

Capcom Pro Talk would be a pretty good time to announce a new character

jussayin', Capcom.

Otherwise what, reveal on the 23rd and release on the 30th?
Capcom has been getting better at advertising their DLC characters, so there's hope. Guile's reveal proved that there's hope (& it would have gone according to plan if Mike Ross wasn't locked out of the Twitch studio the week of Guile's reveal).

mbpm1

That's pretty mean. I'll usually hit the opponent once just to confirm he isn't there, and then back off and build meter from a distance. I think that's a fair enough penalty for being AFK.

Well I wouldn't mind if he had waited a bit before beating my ass. But I was basically down the hall, heard the match start, heard him immediately jump in and start doing birdie stuff repeatedly on my corpse.

I was like damn, he's wasting no time!

Had a good series of rounds after that one though even though I lost the set, so it was okay.

KingBroly

Banned
I want Juri to be the next character

But I think it's going to be Balrog

Which I think is stupid because it'd be 2 charge characters in a row. Juri, while I wasn't great with her, was so damn fun to play as in SF4. Just a weird character that really worked and felt unique.

Neoxon

I want Juri to be the next character

But I think it's going to be Balrog

Which I think is stupid because it'd be 2 charge characters in a row. Juri, while I wasn't great with her, was so damn fun to play as in SF4. Just a weird character that really worked and felt unique.
From what I've seen, it's between Balrog & Ibuki for this month. While Juri would be a pleasant surprise, I'm not getting my hopes up. Her & Urien are two of the most-hyped-up characters of Wave 1 (sans Alex, who was put up front). It makes sense to save the best for last.

Neoxon

Like that matters when they're two characters that play fundamentally differently. It'd be like complaining that two characters in a row are motion characters.
Exactly. Balrog's one of the few charge characters who plays like a rushdown character (at least in SFII, he seemed a bit too turtle-like in SFIV for my liking). It's quite the unique playstyle that I hope is preserved in SFV.

Messing with basic Ken mixups in training mode. I kinda like how smoke and mirrors-y his stuff is.

yPDE9g.gif

Not gonna lie, the only reason I'm messing around with Ken is because my title is "I can do it if I try!" and his win quote 5 is "I did it!"

Xeteh

Like that matters when they're two characters that play fundamentally differently. It'd be like complaining that two characters in a row are motion characters.

I mean, it'd be nice for a bit of balance. Put one of the female characters in the first half and one in the second. Doesn't help that I've never particularly found Balrog to be too interesting so I'm not really anticipating him.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";203931189]Can't charge final tap while using v-skills, balrog bottom tier confirmed[/QUOTE]

what if TAP is his V-skill?

Oh gosh, I hope it isn't. i'm hoping TAP is either a one or two button hold. That would make it extremely useful.

What would be fitting for a dirty boxer? I think a v-skill headslip or Dudley dash is too technical for Balrog, but it's likely they'll give him SFV's standard of dealing with projectiles.

We need more females chars, the ratio is off

You have enough waifus.

Oro

It's the mysterious old man who uses Senjutsu! He who even treats Dhalsim as if he were a greenhorn! The living fossil of the fighting world!

Name: Oro
Height: 161cm
Weight: 71kg
Blood type: Unknown
Birthday: Unknown
Country of origin: Unknown
Dislikes: Boredom

This legendary hermit is said to live in a cave deep within the Amazon jungle.

He's a very powerful Senjutsu user and is said to even be able to move large rocks through supernatural powers.

Since he's so strong, he willingly seals one of his own arms.

He's more than 130 years old, and there are rumors that he might be a descendant of Japanese ninjas.

Q

Mysteries bring more mysteries! Just who is under that mask? It's an as-of-yet unknown fighter.

Name: Q
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Blood type: Unknown
Birthday: Unknown
Country of origin: Unknown
Dislikes: Unknown

A mysterious person who has been spotted in every country across the world.

He wears a steel mask, a trench-coat and a hat to conceal his identity.

He's been reported to be in completely different places at the same times based on various eyewitness accounts, leading to doubts that this being is even human.
He is currently under investigation by Crimson Viper of the CIA.

Already knew that about Oro, considering he's a Sen user or whatever. And lol at C. Viper investigating Q. Maybe they'll answer what or who he is.

probably not

What would be fitting for a dirty boxer? I think a v-skill headslip or Dudley dash is too technical for Balrog, but it's likely they'll give him SFV's standard of dealing with projectiles.

I don't know, maybe something like a KOF style sidestep/dodge? It could act like a bob and weave when done repeatedly.

It would also match the obvious Mike Tyson imagery they've been using for the character. Tyson was a master of the bob and weave.

Vice

You have enough waifus.

A multi v-skill like Birdie would be cool. A standing low toe stub, a slow overhead headbutt and a stun inducing command grab ear bite.

Pompadour

I don't know, maybe something like a KOF style sidestep/dodge? It could act like a bob and weave when done repeatedly.

It would also match the obvious Mike Tyson imagery they've been using for the character. Tyson was a master of the bob and weave.

Maybe, but that's more of Dudley's thing and essentially what Dudley had in Omega. Omega Rog had a command throw and lots of meter-reliant juggles. Of course, I'm biased as I want Dudley in and I'd like the two to be dissimilar.

Maybe his V-Skill can power up his dash punches, giving them different properties like wall or ground bounce. EX just adds armor like in IV which I loved (and would be better in V without armor breakers aside from CAs).

Fought a guy I fought months ago who rage quit on me twice (once at the end of a match and then at the start screen the next time he saw me) and he STILL rage quits...and it was a casual match

NickzCB is his ID I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom