• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
They even have announcer files in there and everything

What are they even for?!

Next season?
I dunno, SFV seems like it won’t be “complete” until like year 3 lol. So much stuff seems unfinished. Like, why can’t we actually chat in lobbies lol...

Maybe Ono wasn’t exaggerating when he said without Sony it would have come out in like 2018.

mbpm1

I dunno, SFV seems like it won’t be “complete” until like year 3 lol. So much stuff seems unfinished. Like, why can’t we actually chat in lobbies lol...

Maybe Ono wasn’t exaggerating when he said without Sony it would have come out in like 2018.
SFV = the character at the start of an RPG who needs to unlock the rest of his skills before being the hero

Menitta

I have yet to win a single fucking set. Ranked, casual, doesn't matter. I. Fucking. Suck.

Edit: EXCEPT UNTIL NOW!! FUCK YES!!!

Big Brett

Y'all, Wednesdays are fantastic for Street Fighter V viewing experiences. It's a great time to watch some of the greats see what works in tournament settings.

Next Level Battle Circuit (NLBC) is on right now over at Team Spooky's channel. Starts weekly at 8 pm EST/5 pm PST

Wednesday Night Fights (WNF) will be starting around 12:30 am EST/9:30 pm PST on the Level Up Live channel. The stream typically starts with banter and casuals earlier than that, so follow to be notified of when they go live.

Also, for fans of WNF, over on Nick Tanella's stream they do a preshow with WNF personalities Nick Tanella, Vicious, and Doctor Stantz. They talk about different topics like tournaments that have happened, FGC happenings, and they also play lobbies with viewers. Starts at 11:30 pm EST/8:30 pm PST.

These events happen every Wednesday, thus why hump day is now my most favorite day of the week. Hope you can enjoy it along with me as well.

mbpm1

Y'all, Wednesdays are fantastic for Street Fighter V viewing experiences. It's a great time to watch some of the greats see what works in tournament settings.

Next Level Battle Circuit (NLBC) is on right now over at Team Spooky's channel. Starts weekly at 8 pm EST/5 pm PST

Wednesday Night Fights (WNF) will be starting around 12:30 am EST/9:30 pm PST on the Level Up Live channel. The stream typically starts with banter and casuals earlier than that, so follow to be notified of when they go live.

Also, for fans of WNF, over on Nick Tanella's stream they do a preshow with WNF personalities Nick Tanella, Vicious, and Doctor Stantz. They talk about different topics like tournaments that have happened, FGC happenings, and they also play lobbies with viewers. Starts at 11:30 pm EST/8:30 pm PST.

These events happen every Wednesday, thus why hump day is now my most favorite day of the week. Hope you can enjoy it along with me as well.

It's just a great week layout in general for SFV.

FGC talkshow day is on tuesday with CPT and UltraChenTV and Dailydot, where all the US peeps talk about the community.

Wednesday as you said is weekly night.

Then thursday is Aris and Friends Talk Shit night which is fun for casual relaxing.

Then Friday is Daigo and guests + Jiyuna casual night so we get the perspective of people in the other half of the fgc which we pretty much never saw before (translated) on a weekly basis.

Then finally Weekends have tourneys very often so it's a good time.

HardRojo

Just to let you guys know that there'll be a local CPT event here in Peru this weekend. We got some good players so if you're interested in watching, here are the details of the event: https://capcomprotour.com/ranking-tournament-lima-salty3-at-mgtfix/

Edit: Sad thing is I don't know if I'll be able to attend. Originally I was planning to be part of the staff but family stuff might prevent me from attending, which is a real shame seeing as Charles Martinet is also here, but family comes first, so I'll just watch the event if it comes down to that.

Hey Gaffers, anybody up for being a teacher tonight? I play Chun Li, and I'm getting to the point where I need help understanding what I'm doing wrong as I lose matches. I enjoy fighting strong opponents because when i lose, it's fun learning. I'm not very good, though.

Last night I fought a Karin and a birdie and learned some interesting things: I have NO idea what to do against them. Especially Karin. She's high/low all over the place and I couldn't figure out how to block her. I'm so unaccustomed to fighting many Karins, Birdies, or anything other than Ryu or Ken at the low levels of Ranked Play (I'm just super bronze), that when something unfamiliar comes my way, I don't quite know how to deal.

I'm looking for a teacher for the night who: 1. has a mic so we can talk as we play, and 2. doesn't mind teaching basic to mid level things to help me advance my Chun. I've been completely devastated by Ryu players who have a strong understanding of the basics, that it makes me feel like I'm always back to the drawing board.

If you play Chun, fantastic. If not, It's all good, too. I just want to get a better understanding of frame buffering, hit confirms, what's safe and unsafe, and the best strategies for various match-ups.

If you're a really good player who feels strong enough to compete in tourneys, I'd love an hour of play with you. That's where I'm trying to get to by next year's tourney cycle. CFN: Blackbanditsho.

I can create a lobby. I might have one other buddy who might want to jump in to learn, but that's it at most. Room definitely won't be bigger than 3 people. PM me or just reply on the thread!

Thanks, GAF!

Edgeward

GGs, Menita.

You already probably pretty mad right now but you need to understand the faults and concepts you are not picking up on. I don't know your prior experience with fighting games but you seem like me when I first started playing it competitively, liked them but played it only through single player to do moves and the story.

The way you play is not that different to how I first started out, relying only on specials and a constant need to get right in the person's face. The two things you need to first understand is the that your normal attacks are valuable, almost every single one. They each have a use outside of combos and have a place in the next thing you need to understand - neutral. No one is at an advantage or disadvantage in the space where my attacks can't hit and your attacks can't hit. There is no need to always be looking for a knockdown because it will usually leave you in a bad position to be punished. You need to have a reason to use your attacks because you expect something from your opponent. You shouldn't be doing something expecting a result without first knowing what you expect your opponent to do.

Watch some videos of KBrad for Cammy because he makes good use of his normals and has good spacing on his attacks. There isn't really shortage of good Nash players but don't go straight to Infiltration, his play is on another level and you are not at the point to incorporate his techniques yet. And then put yourself in their position, ask yourself why they used that attack in that situation, what they were expecting from the opponent and how/why they move their character.

Edit: If you want someone to follow on CFN for Nash play, you can follow a gaffer on here who has excellent fundamentals. CFN - morisv
He plays a good mix of offense and annoying defense. And is well-versed in what punish combos and moves you should be doing.

Subaru

Ryu is the second character categorized internally in SFIII (after Alex), so the theory that Sean was supposed to be the only shoto is false.

Well, it is well known that Ryu and Ken wasn't supposed to be in SF3, and this is docummented on page 74 from ALL ABOUT CAPCOM FIGHTERS 1987‐2000 (Orig. ALL ABOUT カプコン対戦格闘ゲーム1987-2000)

Ryce

Well, it is well known that Ryu and Ken wasn't supposed to be in SF3, and this is docummented on page 74 from ALL ABOUT CAPCOM FIGHTERS 1987‐2000 (Orig. ALL ABOUT カプコン対戦格闘ゲーム1987-2000)
Maybe in the early concept stages, but Ryu was the second character actually implemented in the game.

Edgeward

GGs, PP. You should be more aggressive, either that or be less predictable with your booms. You like to throw them when no other attack will connect and once you get into a comfortable range you like. Also you always combo into heavy scythe and you should be using mk and spend super meter when you have it. You ended a lot of matches with full meter and that should almost never happen. And after a jab anti air, mix in a raw throw.

And don't worry so much about the high attacks, protect your ankles.

Is edgeward your CFN?

It is. Sorry, I had time for one more set only. We can play some other time. I always need chun practice.

Subaru

Maybe in the early concept stages, but Ryu was the second character actually implemented in the game.

I've read somewhere that there was actually a loketest in Japan without Ryu and Ken and because of the audience reaction they changed their mind.

That is also why Hugo was absenct, because they had to create 2 more characters. Also, they could had start to make the sprites before implement on the actual game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom