• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're really reminding me how much I hate jab anti airs. Just feels wrong when crossups and heavy air attacks get swatted out of the sky with a jab. :(

Yeah, I think I overuse it though. There are certain ranges where it gets stuffed. That, and the trade-off between miniscule dmg from jab or the opponent getting a full jump in combo makes it risky with little reward.

GGs. Alex vs Guile was actually pretty fun.

Edgeward

klZBmGz.png
I knew Necalli's jab was good but goddammit just looking at it makes me angry

I knew Necalli's jab was good but goddammit just looking at it makes me angry

Can someone make sense of this? I want to be angry as well. I hate Necalli's normals and I knew there was something shady going on with him but I can't tell what's what here when compared to the character model.

Sayad

Can someone make sense of this? I want to be angry as well. I hate Necalli's normals and I knew there was something shady going on with him but I can't tell what's what here when compared to the character model.
Red box = Hit box
Blue boxes = Hurt boxes
When character A's hit box, make contact with character B's hurt box, character B get hit.

What make Nicalli's st.LP strong is the hit box on his hand is bigger than the hurt box, and extend higher than Necalli's head hurt box, which makes it a good anti air because when someone jump at Necally, there's a big chance they'll get hit by st.LP's hurt box before they could reach Necalli's hurt box.

KingBroly

Banned
8f feels like a design choice because of their new netcode (that's shit).

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum did something similar on DS. The game was SO FUCKING SLOW because they wanted to hide how bad the netcode was.

hamchan

I'm already tired of how overblown and over-exaggerated this thing is. :/

Ehhhh, I sure wouldn't say it's overblown considering I've experienced how poop PS4 feels after playing v-sync off PC. There is a real, considerable difference there.

3 more frames of input lag, claims entire metagame is dramatically shifted towards wild reads and scrambles

and yet justin wong is the best player in the us using a grounded footsies playstyle. what a crock of shit.

Shito

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204081087]3 more frames of input lag, claims entire metagame is dramatically shifted towards wild reads and scrambles

and yet justin wong is the best player in the us using a grounded footsies playstyle. what a crock of shit.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's my point.
Not saying there's no differences between the PS4 version and the vsync-off PC one, but that whole "it prevents usual playstyles entirely! can't anti-air! can't react to dashes! can't punish Ken's unsafe shits!" is overblown. ^^

Asd202

Yeah, that's my point.
Not saying there's no differences between the PS4 version and the vsync-off PC one, but that whole "it prevents usual playstyles entirely! can't anti-air! can't react to dashes! can't punish Ken's unsafe shits!" is overblown. ^^

People that are not winning are always looking to justify their loses. "If only there was no input lag I would be so much better!" Load of BS. I can bet that if Capcom ever "fixes" this the same player will be at the top and the one that lose will keep losing.

hamchan

Honestly, how is that still not done?

It is actually pretty shocking because you'd think getting real money from DLC would be their number one priority as a company.

EDIT: Watching this week's Capcom Pro Talk. I've been noticing the same players vsing them all the time. Like this MindFluxed guy has been there multiple weeks. Easy source of free Twitch Turbos I guess.

Hey, so is there a reason my wake-up recordings in training mode aren't playing? I'm trying to practice this Alex OS but the dummy never actually performs the inputs in either guard recovery or wake-up. I set the dummy to mash jab on wakeup and that worked fine, so I dunno if it's a problem with the actual input, the dummy recording or what.

Sayad

Hey, so is there a reason my wake-up recordings in training mode aren't playing? I'm trying to practice this Alex OS but the dummy never actually performs the inputs in either guard recovery or wake-up. I set the dummy to mash jab on wakeup and that worked fine, so I dunno if it's a problem with the actual input, the dummy recording or what.
Don't think wakeup recording accepts complex inputs(more than one move or delayed inputs), so option selects wouldn't work. Still, if you're practicing an OS, you should record the dummy to knock you down > pressure you on wake up with different stuff and you try to do the OS instead of recording the dummy doing the OS!

Don't think wakeup recording accepts complex inputs(more than one move or delayed inputs), so option selects wouldn't work. Still, if you're practicing an OS, you should record the dummy to knock you down > pressure you on wake up with different stuff and you try to do the OS instead of recording the dummy doing the OS!

Fair enough. The training menus are so awkward that I just went the easiest route possible to try and figure it out, lol.

mbpm1

Yeah, that's my point.

IMO you really can't punish Ken's unsafe runs every time if he mixes it up. Even Fuudo said he couldn't really consistently react (not guess/press a button immediately) against run cancels and Momochi was getting counterhit st fierce off cr. mp > run (-6)

That stuff will remain viable.

It is actually pretty shocking because you'd think getting real money from DLC would be their number one priority as a company.

EDIT: Watching this week's Capcom Pro Talk. I've been noticing the same players vsing them all the time. Like this MindFluxed guy has been there multiple weeks. Easy source of free Twitch Turbos I guess.
You mean Floe? Didn't you get the memo?

It's now capcom floe talk.

Shito

IMO you really can't punish Ken's unsafe runs every time if he mixes it up. Even Fuudo said he couldn't really consistently react (not guess/press a button immediately) against run cancels and Momochi was getting counterhit st fierce off cr. mp > run (-6)

That stuff will remain viable.
That's the whole point of mixing things up, though. Never said that you should always be able to punish it, just that it *is* punishable if you are looking for it / expecting it. It's the same thing as Laura's vdash: the regular people I play against punish me for it 3/4 of the time, but when I mix it up correctly in the middle of a meany block stun sequence, they sometimes fall for it because their mind have a hard time catching up with what's happening. I feel like those two options are right where they should be: viable. There are not meant to be -30 and always easily punishable, but you CAN punish them quite easily when you are expecting them.
People are using this 8f delay to say that Ken's run is busted and impossible to punish, though, and that's just plain false. ^^

Red box = Hit box
Blue boxes = Hurt boxes
When character A's hit box, make contact with character B's hurt box, character B get hit.

What make Nicalli's st.LP strong is the hit box on his hand is bigger than the hurt box, and extend higher than Necalli's head hurt box, which makes it a good anti air because when someone jump at Necally, there's a big chance they'll get hit by st.LP's hurt box before they could reach Necalli's hurt box.

It's not just Necalli's but everyone's Standing Jab is a AA. It can also beat cross ups as well. It's one of the thinks that makes R.Mika horrible to fight against when in the corner.

Durden77

Guile's standing jab is nuts and people have not realized how mad they should be at it yet. I mash that thing anytime someone is close to me in the air at all and it always stuffs. The hitbox is like bigger than his hair.

mbpm1

Guile's standing jab is nuts and people have not realized how mad they should be at it yet. I mash that thing anytime someone is close to me in the air at all and it always stuffs. The hitbox is like bigger than his hair.

Its nothing on ryu's or necalli's jab tho :(

Durden77

Its nothing on ryu's or necalli's jab tho :(

I dunno man. The vertical reach seems pretty nuts. But maybe it's just combined with the fact that it's a great back up if all 24 of his other AAs don't work you still have that that makes it seem so good.

BadWolf

So... tried playing some Ryu after reading that using a 'standard' character is more beneficial for getting better at the game instead of an odd character who people don't how to fight (*cough*Mika*cough*) and so far it feels like easy mode.

His normals are so good with easy hit confirms into combos. The invincible DP shuts down so much of the opponent's offense and the basic fireball/DP combo is super frustrating for people to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom