• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, just saw this. Still up for games?

Not sure what happened...my game seems to have frozen with no menu popping up.

Thanks for the games. Rashid is one of the characters I have played the least, so I appreciate playing a good one to learn from.

Rushdown Tactics...lol no lie there.

Young Magus

How many of ya'll play on ranked compared to casual?

Second, any Karin tips and pointers? Any playstyle tips? Im finding that Im good when I use the fundamentals/normals with her and learning to not depend motions as much in general.

Third, Necalli is my weakness no matter the character I play ;-;

Fourth, Zenny shop when ;-;

SephLuis

How many of ya'll play on ranked compared to casual?

Second, any Karin tips and pointers? Any playstyle tips? Im finding that Im good when I use the fundamentals/normals with her and learning to not depend motions as much in general.

Third, Necalli is my weakness no matter the character I play ;-;

Fourth, Zenny shop when ;-;

Karin depends a lot on your play style, but I find her very good for rushdowns and footsies.

Against Necalli, go to training and set the CPU to 8. Put life as normal and meter, v skill as maximum start and have fun. You will learn quite a bit against the CPU

ggs, Number. You're actually a lot closer than you realize. The main thing I noticed in that set was lack of character knowledge. Not optimizing confirms off of CCs, divekicks, etc., and having the timing off on your setups. If you haven't seen this video yet, it'll change your life regarding maximizing your knockdowns. You should definitely try meaty lk elbow following powerbomb. It's your safest option following, and lets you feel out your opponent early in a match.

Other than that, I was actually really impressed. You had bad habits at first, doing too many EX elbows or raw clotheslines, but you stopped when they weren't working, and got noticeably better as we went on. Max out that damage and your Alex will be scary as hell.

Last few notes about that matchup. Divekick is generally a bad option in the mirror, since Alex can usually jab and still block afterward, and his other AAs will likely beat or trade with it. And there wasn't too much of it during that set, but pay attention to spacing when Alex is making you block. Both flash chop and lk Elbow are -4 on block, so if they're in range you can do reversal lp powerbomb, and unless they're holding up you'll catch them.

Numb

ggs, Number. You're actually a lot closer than you realize. The main thing I noticed in that set was lack of character knowledge. Not optimizing confirms off of CCs, divekicks, etc., and having the timing off on your setups. If you haven't seen this video yet, it'll change your life regarding maximizing your knockdowns. You should definitely try meaty lk elbow following powerbomb. It's your safest option following, and lets you feel out your opponent early in a match.

Other than that, I was actually really impressed. You had bad habits at first, doing too many EX elbows or raw clotheslines, but you stopped when they weren't working, and got noticeably better as we went on. Max out that damage and your Alex will be scary as hell.

Last few notes about that matchup. Divekick is generally a bad option in the mirror, since Alex can usually jab and still block afterward, and his other AAs will likely beat or trade with it. And there wasn't too much of it during that set, but pay attention to spacing when Alex is making you block. Both flash chop and lk Elbow are -4 on block, so if they're in range you can do reversal lp powerbomb, and unless they're holding up you'll catch them.
Yeah I don't know the mirror that well at all
Never seen that video. Thanks for the link. Lariat has been wrecking me too hard on wakeup.
Thanks for the tips man. Surprised I got any matches from you

Yeah I don't know the mirror that well at all
Never seen that video. Thanks for the link. Lariat has been wrecking me too hard on wakeup.
Thanks for the tips man. Surprised I got any matches from you

Heh, that's the beauty of Alex. Damage and stun in bunches. As long as you have resources you're never out of a match. 1 or 2 good reads and the round is yours.

And yeah, lariat is godlike. I literally just said to myself "you know, I should lariat more. Like all the time," and I immediately shot up like 2000LP. Abuse that shit as hard as you can. +3 on block means it's literally a 50/50 between powerbomb and st.mp. It's a hard guess unless they have an invincible reversal on tap.

Numb

Heh, that's the beauty of Alex. Damage and stun in bunches. As long as you have resources you're never out of a match. 1 or 2 good reads and the round is yours.

And yeah, lariat is godlike. I literally just said to myself "you know, I should lariat more. Like all the time," and I immediately shot up like 2000LP. Abuse that shit as hard as you can. +3 on block means it's literally a 50/50 between powerbomb and st.mp. It's a hard guess unless they have an invincible reversal on tap.
Wasn't using lariat vs friends and started winning more after using it.
Still don't use it nearly as much s you..mainly cos I never got the chance lol

Hope we can play some other time and help me with the matchup

Wasn't using lariat vs friends and started winning more after using it.
Still don't use it nearly as much s you..mainly cos I never got the chance lol

Hope we can play some other time and help me with the matchup

Yeah sure, no problem man. Just hit me up on GAF, since the CFN is kind of a mess for setting sets up, lol.

SephLuis

Good games man, wish the connection was better.

Yeah, your Rashid is pretty good too. Maybe in the next few months I will change the internet provider and maybe we can play without that much lag.

I know that, sometimes, I play with other US guys here and the connection is good enough for some matches.

qcf x2

Every time I play ranked I swear never to do it again. In today's episode, the game matched me with the same Ryu 5x in a row. I was using Laura, and that is easily, far and away the worst matchup for me in the entire game. Not fun at all.

BadWolf

Every time I play ranked I swear never to do it again. In today's episode, the game matched me with the same Ryu 5x in a row. I was using Laura, and that is easily, far and away the worst matchup for me in the entire game. Not fun at all.

It sucks for Mika as well, Ryu is like a wall.

Standing jabs anti airing cross ups. Guess they had 1 guy working on hitboxes too

Only 4 characters have a meterless DP, jumping hit boxes seem to be worse(although I'm not actually sure, and the game has additional input delay. I think it was definitely intentional to make so many jabs great anti airs. Can't have people jumping for free.

DR2K

Banned
Only 4 characters have a meterless DP, jumping hit boxes seem to be worse(although I'm not actually sure, and the game has additional input delay. I think it was definitely intentional to make so many jabs great anti airs. Can't have people jumping for free.

Necali has a meterless DP and a good jab. I don't mind them anti airing as much as it looks incredibly wonky that a jab is covering both sides likes Alex's jab. It's just a very reliable, easy to use get off me tool. DPs have risks involved with using them.

SmokeMaxX

Necali has a meterless DP and a good jab. I don't mind them anti airing as much as it looks incredibly wonky that a jab is covering both sides likes Alex's jab. It's just a very reliable, easy to use get off me tool. DPs have risks involved with using them.
IMO if you have a DP, you should NOT have an anti-air jab. Also I'm extremely annoyed that I can have the opponent whiff throw and then have time to anti-air my cross up with a jab.

Those jab anti-airs are just getting you warmed up for KOF.
Let's be real, I think only a handful of us are going to play it from this thread.

robo_qwop

Guys, I'm getting constantly blown up by neutral jumps. Especially in the corner.

How to counter this, or what training settings can I set to practice against this?

mbpm1

Guys, I'm getting constantly blown up by neutral jumps. Especially in the corner.

How to counter this, or what training settings can I set to practice against this?

Use your anti-airs to stop them, or go jump and hit them out of the air.

If you're getting hit because you're using some move and can't block in time, recognize they're trying to bait this out of you and wait for a bit

Edgeward

What is the situation? Are you in the corner or is the opponent? Is this on wake-up? Are they doing any strings before the jump?

Set multiple paths for the AI in the recording. Each one to sweep and then follow up with a different mix up. So like setting 1 would be sweep, then neutral jump. Setting 2 would be sweep, meaty punch on your wake up. Setting 3 would be sweep, throw on wakeup, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom