• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devid905

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10795480/#Comment_10795480
According to my source

- Tuesday we will be getting a reveal of two characters, one will be playable by Thursday night, the other will be non playable and appear in the story mode.

- Capcom isn't doing shit about no 8f.

- Zenny shop will go online in June, before story mode

- Ibuki alt is fanservice

- New stage to be revealed in June.

- The May character is Ibuki, reason being is Rog is still not done, some issue with some of his specials, still maybe will be hybrid with one qcb move.

Same source who revealed GG rev online update. Decided to throw some meat to the peasants right now.

Does anyone think we're gonna get an MKX situation where the DLC characters (probably Balrog and Juri) are fightable in story mode before they're playable?

Shito

These rumors don't seem too crazy, guess we'll soon see if they are true or not. ^^
Can't wait for the cash shop honestly, I need that Laura alt...

Also, vryu commenting on his twitch chat that he probably won't attend any tournament this year... ;__;

Scotia

Banned
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10795480/#Comment_10795480
According to my source

- Tuesday we will be getting a reveal of two characters, one will be playable by Thursday night, the other will be non playable and appear in the story mode.

- Capcom isn't doing shit about no 8f.

- Zenny shop will go online in June, before story mode

- Ibuki alt is fanservice

- New stage to be revealed in June.

- The May character is Ibuki, reason being is Rog is still not done, some issue with some of his specials, still maybe will be hybrid with one qcb move.

Same source who revealed GG rev online update. Decided to throw some meat to the peasants right now.

Bolded really confuses me. How would this work? We get an Ibuki reveal and a story mode tease or something?

LakeEarth

Change to show commands..

Is there any way to get the game to remember this? I have to change it every time I start a trial, even in the same session. The default really should be 'show commands', sometimes the game gives the abstract Japanese name of a target combo that even hardcore SF fans wouldn't know.

Scotia

Banned
They're advertising for the story mode by showing a cutscene.

Assuming it's true (lol), I'll guess it's Decapre

That makes sense. For some reason I couldn't wrap my head around it lol

Appear in story mode doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to fight them.

Yeah, I realise that, but my point was that I couldn't see a way how the two reveals would work at the same time but KingBroly gave me an idea how it would work so I get it now.

Revealing a character on Tuesday and then that same character being playable 2 days later. In Street Fighter V.

Right.

Well, the distance between reveal and release has been shortening. So I can see it happening. And next Thursday seems to be a reasonable day to release a character.

To be honest, I don't want any other SFII characters to return besides Akuma. SFIV felt more like a nostalgic best of compilation rather than a game with its own identity. I want to see more newcomers and long forgotten characters like Nash, Alex, and Urien. Currently, we have nine playable characters who appeared in SFIV and nine who didn't. I think that's a good balance.

I agree with this.

Edzi

If true, I'm hoping the unplayable character is Urien, since I'd imagine he'd have a part to play in the story (Maybe even as the final/secret final boss).

I see that no one here feeling disappointed on Capcom not fixing the 8-frames issue.

Not surprising since it's clearly intentional and appears on both platforms. They really should release some kind of statement on it though, since a lot of people (pros included) seem really confused regarding what's going on and what it means. Lot's of excuses, hyperbole, and misinformation being spread, with a lot of people seemingly convinced that the PC version has less delay than the PS4 version (which is completely false unless you mod the game).

Not surprising since it's clearly intentional and appears on both platforms. They really should release some kind of statement on it though, since a lot of people (pros included) seem really confused regarding what's going on and what it means. Lot's of excuses, hyperbole, and misinformation being spread, with a lot of people seemingly convinced that the PC version has less delay than the PS4 version (which is completely false unless you mod the game).

If there wasn't 8f of lag I would be grand champion of the world already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom