• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Heartcatch Precure is re-airing in Japan, and apparently it's being re-aired for viewers like you too. This is weird.

Another show I should resume. But the only things I enjoy about that show so far is Erica (who is adorable) and the villain who looks like Luke from Tales of the Abyss

If that show ever gets dubbed some day, they better get Yuri Lowenthall to do that guys voice.

Patlabor TV 19

I think I prefer the more realistic science-fiction oriented stories in the series to the more fantastic kind of story seen here and in episode 3 of the first OVAs. The grounded nature of the setting, it being a plausible near-future development of technology (at least at the time it was made), is part of what appeals to me about Patlabor, so I'm not fond of throwing in dragons and whatnot.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Fate something something 07 first half:

... wut?

Fate something something 07 second half:

... this show cannot keep a consistent tone, can it?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Chaos;Head 1-6

This is is of the best comedies ever.
I havent laughed this hard at anime in ages.
I fully recommend this show based on this but its also turning out to be a lot like Fight Club which is cool.

YOU'RE ALWAYS SUPER SPECIAL
THAT'S WHY YOU'RE WITH ME
MIRACLE BABY
BORN ON THE SAME SUPER STAR

sexy-akeno.jpg

ara ara~

Highschool DxD New 7

Opening: Much improve over the previous one.
Ending: Satisfying.

OMG Akeno XD NSFW

OMG Xenovia XD NSFW

Swimsuit episode is easily the best episode yet. I do wish they didn't use those jarring head turning shots when showing off.

BluWacky

madp! Your name! You are no longer a sad clown :(

Speaking of clowns...

Hunter X Hunter 3

I like your style, Hisoka. I like it very much.

There is absolutely nothing else to say about this episode, though. At least the exam has started!

Cardcaptor Sakura 7-8

I skipped a bunch of episodes to get here, having seen most of the early part of the show before. I can't remember if I'd seen 7 but it was the archetypal card-of-the-week type thing and wasn't particularly interesting aside from the twist ending.

8 is good fun, though; a slightly different structure thanks to the introduction of Li who made this both funnier and more dramatic than usual.

Kwixotik

Godard Pierrot > Bebop Pierrot

Also, I just finished Berserk. Shit was fucked up there at the end. Wasn't there a fan made episode that explains what happens after? Could someone link me to it?

Patlabor TV 20

So far, the appearance of the overarching plot has always been accompanied by heightened personal drama - the incident with Kanuka's grandmother previously and now the rift between Asuma and Noa. The two aren't directly related, but the serious character moments help to move away from the generally light-hearted tone towards the darker elements of conspiracy taking place.

fairy tail ova 5

its an ova ass ova indeed. fairy tail hasn't really been that blantant with fanservice, oddly enough, i guess thats what ova's are for.

ovass.jpg

some dtl

bananaan.jpg

some banana riding.

some lewd

some kirbyguy

bbb.jpg

some chet

One Piece 609

2nd time in a week I've seen Law getting a beating. Though this time it was worth it just to see Law without his hat on.

Luffy vs Monet was pretty good. Monet is pretty hot (Or is it cold?) and her VA nailed that scene when she was hugging Luffy.

Mr.Jeff

Also, I just finished Berserk. Shit was fucked up there at the end. Wasn't there a fan made episode that explains what happens after? Could someone link me to it?
I don't think a single episode OVA would be able to explain what the hell happens next, particularly since it's still going. Not mention some of the things they cut from the series.

If you're after some sense of closure or continuance, you're better off looking up the manga.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 42

Doremi's a real superhero nerd. I love how everybody but her and that other guy were embarrassed just to be around that talk.

Onpu's charm is beginning to lose its power. She is going to get into some really bad shit later on. Doesn't the Magic Kingdom have a way for Doremi and the others to report what she's doing? They should talk to Majo Ruka at the very least. If I was them, and saw her eventually get royally fucked by her reckless and indiscriminate use of magic, I can't say I'd feel that bad for her, though Majo Ruka is probably the one most at fault here for giving something like that to an apprentice in the first place.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Le Chevalier D'Eon 20

Away from the action and back to more political drama with all the minor characters and historical figures. And then personal issues of the main cast So kinda dull way to start the episode after such a crazy end last episode.

They've been hinting at it for a while but I think King Louis himself might be the one who murdered Lia. All the clues tend to point to people like Max and the Count de saint-germain, but looking beyond them, Louis doesn't exactly have a spotless record towards D'Eon. So if that is so, then damn.

WOW I WAS NOT FUCKING EXPECTING THAT IN THE LEAST

fairy tail ova 5

its an ova ass ova indeed. fairy tail hasn't really been that blantant with fanservice, oddly enough, i guess thats what ova's are for.

ovass.jpg

some dtl

bananaan.jpg

some banana riding.

some lewd

some kirbyguy

bbb.jpg

some chet

Oh man, the OVAs are really living up to just how lewd Fairy Tail really is.

Ojamajo Doremi 42

Doremi's a real superhero nerd. I love how everybody but her and that other guy were embarrassed just to be around that talk.

Onpu's charm is beginning to lose its power. She is going to get into some really bad shit later on. Doesn't the Magic Kingdom have a way for Doremi and the others to report what she's doing? They should talk to Majo Ruka at the very least. If I was them, and saw her eventually get royally fucked by her reckless and indiscriminate use of magic, I can't say I'd feel that bad for her, though Majo Ruka is probably the one most at fault here for giving something like that to an apprentice in the first place.

They actually do know about it.

cnet128

Banned
I would watch a Mirakurun spinoff.

Yeah, that and Meruru.

Fantasista Doll 7

Show continues to explore new depths of wut. Today, Rafflesia dude gives Uzume a new card that will allow her and the dolls to perform a SPECIAL GROUP ATTACK...if their sync ratio is high enough. Otherwise it just transforms into an odd array of largely useless items. After the prerequisite frustration, group fight and making-up, they finally manage to put together the true special attack, which turns out to be...
a human cannon. Complete with a little drum for Uzume to beat on.
I don't even know how to react to that.

Best part of the episode: in the climactic scene, Uzume proves that she is ready to fight with her friends by using a card on herself. It turns her lower half into a miniature tank, and she promptly charges at the enemy with reckless abandon.

Did I mention that the bad guys this week were a rugby-themed team whose only method of attack was charging wildly around as a group and knocking people over? And this was considered, like, a legitimate threat that required a power-up to defeat?

This show.

Syrinx

They actually do know about it.

Well then they should probably do something about it. Either that or they're waiting til it fails and she gets in deep shit so they can say, "Too fucking bad. You broke the rules."

Yeah, that and Meruru.

Drawing a blank here, don't remember this from Yuru Yuri or elsewhere. You're not talking about Atelier Meruru, are you (would need to play game first before anime if it existed)?

Fate something something 07 first half:

... wut?

Fate something something 07 second half:

... this show cannot keep a consistent tone, can it?
Not wut ... just smile and so be it.

as for the second half that's how the original writter made things ... we're entering the DRAMA part ... i hope you have a high tolerance for DRAMA.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya 07

Being Assassin is suffering again.
At least it's better than LANCER , right ?

I'm pretty sure the first half of the episode was created for the sole purpose of doujin fodder.

You've seen nothing yet.
This show has a delicate balance of seriousness & comedy ..very delicate

Btw where are my doujins , comiket ? what do you mean i have to wait for C85 ? Argh...

Well then they should probably do something about it. Either that or they're waiting til it fails and she gets in deep shit so they can say, "Too fucking bad. You broke the rules."

Well generally speaking, if you do forbidden magic, the side effects are immediate. Hazuki only got spared earlier because the Queen plays favorites. The charm merely prevents the side effects from immediately happening.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
While I really didn't have much problems with the opening episode, I can see why people would... and regardless the real start of the season is episode 2.

Yamada is shounen, runs in the same mag as Fairy Tail. Magazine just likes to go with jdrama over anime for certain manga, I guess ones they feel fit jdrama better.

Yankee-kun, Bloody Monday both got jdrama, one more manga as well for sure (a sports one IIRC) and I haven't really been keeping up on this so there could be more.

I guess I should clarify - it's a romance with pretty looking boys, which means its for girls. lol
I mean, High School Boys is getting a movie for a similar reason... because there's no other reason it should exist when even the anime bombaed and the manga ended.

Syrinx

Well generally speaking, if you do forbidden magic, the side effects are immediate. Hazuki only got spared earlier because the Queen plays favorites. The charm merely prevents the side effects from immediately happening.

I assume the keyword there is "immediately"?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
This was also shown in ep 1 when the girl used her charm to cast a one-off heal spell, which in turn put the wound on herself. This isn't really a "punishment" as the nature of the magic itself.

Syrinx

I know about the forbidden magic like healing and its negative effects on those that cast it. I'm just not entirely sure how Onpu's charm works and the Magical Kingdom's policy towards use of such things. I think Kirbyguy gave me a general idea of what's to come.

I assume the keyword there is "immediately"?

Yep. As Hito explains below.

This was also shown in ep 1 when the girl used her charm to cast a one-off heal spell, which in turn put the wound on herself. This isn't really a "punishment" as the nature of the magic itself.

Guess it's more dependent on what level the forbidden magic you perform. Considering that, what Hazuki did (which would've nearly killed her) and other things considered.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Not wut ... just smile and so be it.

as for the second half that's how the original writter made things ... we're entering the DRAMA part ... i hope you have a high tolerance for DRAMA.

I don't have the highest tolerance I admit, but the show remains cute for the most part anyway. :3

You've seen nothing yet.
This show has a delicate balance of seriousness & comedy ..very delicate

Btw where are my doujins , comiket ? what do you mean i have to wait for C85 ? Argh...

LOL I see wut u did there. ;3

I don't have the highest tolerance I admit, but the show remains cute for the most part anyway. :3

LOL I see wut u did there. ;3

I have high hopes that they will manage to send this season on a high note ..

And then the A's-like second season will meltdown everyone like it should.

Jawmuncher

So i've been watching Watamote and i'm liking it.
But it sure does make me feel uncomfortable sometimes. Since it really is about a girl with severe social anxiety. I think i'll continue watching it regardless though.

cnet128

Banned
Drawing a blank here, don't remember this from Yuru Yuri or elsewhere. You're not talking about Atelier Meruru, are you (would need to play game first before anime if it existed)?

Stardust Witch Meruru, the mahou shoujo show-in-show from OreImo. It has a lot in common with Mirakurun (not least that Kanako in OreImo and Chinatsu in YuruYuri have the exact same gag going on where they're naturally the perfect cosplayers for the show's main character but then they destroy kids' dreams with their horrible attitudes).

Blood Lad 8

These portal-warping antics never seem to get old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom